So I'm sure most of you have seen that SportsHub is moving the WIS login system over to their standard login system. I just spent the last 3 hours investigating and testing out if I'd be able to update the yatzr recruit tool to use that login system. Bad news fellas, I don't think it's going to be possible.

Their standard login system uses CloudFlare protection to prevent DDoS attacks (pretty standard). As part of that, they have a feature called "Javascript Challenge", where it makes your browser do a bunch of computational tasks to prove that you're not some sort of bot. When you visit their login page, you'll see a loading lock icon for about 5 seconds. That's what it's doing. Long story short, I won't be able to update the recruiting tool to get around that. Through my research, it sounds like it's possible, however the http library I use is definitely not set up for it, and any workaround that anybody creates is fragile because CloudFlare is constantly updating their strategies to prevent bots from accessing protected pages. I don't have the time or energy to keep up with that business.

At this point, the only way there'd be a future for the recruit tool is if SportsHub set up some other way for the tool to log in, or set up some APIs specifically for pulling your data. However, I'd be shocked if they were willing to do this, and I'm sure they wouldn't be able to do it anytime soon. Seble, if you see this and want to reach out, I'm happy to chat. For everyone else, please don't blame SportsHub. Using CloudFlare protection is a completely reasonable and responsible thing to do, and blocking my tool is nothing more than collateral damage.

I'm fully preparing for this to be the end of the recruit tool (the game analyzer may still work as it only hits public pages). It's been a good run, and I want to send out a huge thanks to everyone that's expressed their support over the years!
7/14/2018 12:18 PM
Thanks for making the effort and taking the time to research this. Myself and all the other "cheaters" appreciate what you do and have done over the years!
7/14/2018 1:33 PM
Thanks for the work you have done, yatzr. Will this also be the end of GUESS rankings?
7/14/2018 1:41 PM
Thanks for the update, yatzr. My only regret is that I didn't start using the tool when I first joined GD. In the short time I have been using it, it's made a notable impact on my recruiting. And while I'm moving on from GD and to another fix for my football addiction, I hope for those coaches who remain, SportsHub will soon incorporate yatzr-like features and/or provide an API for you and others to use.

Take care!
7/14/2018 2:16 PM
Posted by FB_Trap on 7/14/2018 2:16:00 PM (view original):
Thanks for the update, yatzr. My only regret is that I didn't start using the tool when I first joined GD. In the short time I have been using it, it's made a notable impact on my recruiting. And while I'm moving on from GD and to another fix for my football addiction, I hope for those coaches who remain, SportsHub will soon incorporate yatzr-like features and/or provide an API for you and others to use.

Take care!
Where are you moving for your new football fix? I need to find something new. I am already going into withdrawal after reading this.

..and thank again yatzr for all the great work you have done.
7/14/2018 2:39 PM
I am wondering where you are going as well.
7/14/2018 2:40 PM
7/14/2018 5:23 PM
I've got two games I'm going to try. One is Draft Day Sports: College Football. I've tried it a little bit before, but was too invested in GD to take it up in seriousness. Now I'll give it a longer look and join a league. The other game, believe it or not, is Madden 19. They've finally brought it back to the PC and the Connected Franchise mode looks interesting, so I'm going to give it try.
7/14/2018 10:37 PM (edited)
Posted by FB_Trap on 7/14/2018 6:04:00 PM (view original):
I've got two games I'm going to try. One is Draft Day Sports: College Football. I've tried it a little bit before, but was too invested in GD to take it up in seriousness. Now I'll give it a longer look and join a league. The other game, believe it or not, is Madden 19. They've finally brought itt back to the PC and the Connected Franchise mode looks interesting, so I'm going to give it try.
Thanks for the tips FBT
7/14/2018 7:16 PM
Thanks for maintaining it all this time!

Also, I’ll pitch in $20 if you’re able to fix it, maybe a bunch of people could contribute to make it worth your time (or someone else who can help you).
7/14/2018 9:09 PM
I will toss some money back into the pot. It is that or leave. I can't stand the click-fest that is recruiting, and the side notes that are required just to remember what is going on.
7/14/2018 9:36 PM
Count me in on the team willing to contribute to a fix. How flipping hard could it be for Yatzr to give seble what he needs to know to create the tool as an in game purchase option?
7/14/2018 9:50 PM
I'm in...
7/14/2018 10:00 PM
Posted by SchoolyWe on 7/14/2018 9:50:00 PM (view original):
Count me in on the team willing to contribute to a fix. How flipping hard could it be for Yatzr to give seble what he needs to know to create the tool as an in game purchase option?
We are going to find out
7/14/2018 10:38 PM
If Yatzr is not an option it may be time to find something else to spend my roughly $30-$40 a month on. The recruiting tool as it is now is an exercise in time wasted that I just don’t have the interest in keeping up. I am willing to throw in $25-$50 to the “keep Yatzr relevant” fund.
7/15/2018 8:41 AM
1|2|3...7 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.