Trading in HBD is up to the owners to either approve or veto. It has been a problem in the past in some worlds, but lately it is well controlled without a lot of drama from what I have seen.
7/17/2018 11:36 PM
Hate to say it, but I just came back to the game after several years on hiatus. If GDReports and/or Yatzr recruiting aren't available and there isn't a replacement in the works, I'm probably done and will be demanding a refund. The reality is that these tools are simply integral to my enjoyment of the game, and without them, I don't see much point in staying involved. I know there are may who are calling this kind of talk hyperbole, but frankly, that's how I feel. The developers should have known better.
7/18/2018 11:51 AM (edited)
Posted by udmlaw on 7/18/2018 11:51:00 AM (view original):
Hate to say it, but I just came back to the game after several years on hiatus. If GDReports and/or Yatzr recruiting aren't available and there isn't a replacement in the works, I'm probably done and will be demanding a refund. The reality is that these tools are simply integral to my enjoyment of the game, and without them, I don't see much point in staying involved. I know there are may who are calling this kind of talk hyperbole, but frankly, that's how I feel. The developers should have known better.
"developers".....That's funny. You mean random dude who made a horrible investment which then panicked and sold his soul to Sportshub.
7/18/2018 11:58 AM
Well, it's clear that if Yatzr or someone else wants to update the tool, they'd probably make at least $500. I'm sure there are freelancer.com type sites where you could find a coder to figure it out.
7/20/2018 12:26 AM
honestly as a greener player i'd be very pleased if the automation tools that gave a competitive advantage were hamstrung.

build some process yourself if its that important to you?
7/20/2018 12:42 AM
I'm Willing to pay for them not to update the tool as I don't use it, and I'm starting to believe it make the game easier for those that do. If you use it fine, I'm not saying coaches can not do it without the the tool, I'm telling Yatzr i'll Venmo him my 10 dollars in the other direction.
7/20/2018 12:43 AM
Posted by jrfowle3 on 7/20/2018 12:43:00 AM (view original):
honestly as a greener player i'd be very pleased if the automation tools that gave a competitive advantage were hamstrung.

build some process yourself if its that important to you?
i think the history is They did

then they got a conscience and wanted to share

then their thinking was, Everyone loves us why not take a donation

then they say the money goes to charity
7/20/2018 12:55 AM (edited)
thats great--but when you build something like that, outside of the developers of the product, be ready for changes to break it at any time

i obviously have no idea of how the history of this goes, but saying they "got a conscience" to share doesn't make it any more righteous. it's still a competitive advantage. to be clear i dont think automated tools are wrong and should be banned, just saying if third party apps break thats on you as a player if you depend on them. expect them to eventually become obsolete, they aren't a supported part of the game.
7/20/2018 12:56 AM
You can call it whatever you want really. I'm tired of this endless debate. The reality for a lot of us is that without it, the game is not particularly enjoyable and some of us are planning on quitting as a result. And that's obviously not ideal for the long term health of the game.
7/20/2018 8:35 AM
Posted by jrfowle3 on 7/20/2018 12:56:00 AM (view original):
thats great--but when you build something like that, outside of the developers of the product, be ready for changes to break it at any time

i obviously have no idea of how the history of this goes, but saying they "got a conscience" to share doesn't make it any more righteous. it's still a competitive advantage. to be clear i dont think automated tools are wrong and should be banned, just saying if third party apps break thats on you as a player if you depend on them. expect them to eventually become obsolete, they aren't a supported part of the game.
It’s a two way street. Yes when you depend on 3rd party tools there is risk. But WIS dropped the ball by not improving the games recruiting tools. Yatzr made money for WIS as it freed needless manual bookkeeping, allowing people to manage teams in multiple worlds. If all we have now is the built in WIS tools, then people will drop teams if not drop out altogether.
7/20/2018 9:02 AM
I for one will not buy any additional seasons without the Yatzr tool for recruiting working. Just not interested in using the wonky interface to parse the data.
7/20/2018 9:05 AM
Same for me.
7/20/2018 9:06 AM
I have been playing GD since 2006 when you had to do all the stuff Yatzr tool did manually. Very time consuming and I won't go back to doing that. What takes minutes from Yatzr tool will now take hours that I just don't have time to do now. If WIS isn't going to do anything to fix the recruiting as it stands sadly I will probably be leaving as well.
7/20/2018 9:54 AM
The reply I just got back to my ticket is as follows:

"We understand the importance of the yatzr tool to many GD coaches, but we don't have any official affiliation with it. It's the responsibility of the creator to adjust the application as the site changes. There's really nothing we can do. We do hope to improve the GD recruiting system in the future, with an eye toward eliminating the annoyances involved in the current system."

And I mean look... I get it. They're trying to make a move that they thinks will be attractive to new players. But that answer is, with all respect, a dodge. Yes, Yatzr's tool is a third-party software that GD has no "official affiliation with." But its not a exaggeration to say that yatzr's tool is essential to the GD experience. If they aren't going to work with him and you don't care what happens with his software, what they are basically saying is "I don't care." And if they don't, why should I waste my time?
7/20/2018 11:17 AM
We covered all this before in a recent thread, but: "But its not a exaggeration to say that yatzr's tool is essential to the GD experience." is absolutely an exaggeration. I have never used it and enjoy the game just fine. I'm sure many others feel the same way. Some people have claimed that they won't play without it; many others won't know the difference.
If enough customers leave the site/game then seble will get the message.That should be his biggest motivator.
7/20/2018 11:22 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6|7 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.