Becoming a D1A Coach Topic

I am now in division 2. How many wins do I need to get to become a D1A coach?
7/15/2018 7:04 PM
I'd guess between 88 - 92. This probably gets you to a Mid Major (No BCS). If you add in some recent CCs you could swing a BCS school and of course a NC adjusts wins needed and conference (as would multiple CCs).
7/15/2018 7:42 PM
Posted by AudieMurphy on 7/15/2018 7:04:00 PM (view original):
I am now in division 2. How many wins do I need to get to become a D1A coach?
To hell and back.... but I am not aware of the exact formula. Some combination of wins and success. Conference championships and National championships would accelerate the process. Don't mess with your roster by cutting players right before jobs are offered. A low reputation or loyalty rating will block you from applying.
7/15/2018 7:48 PM
Search the archives. Go way back. I remember when Yost world opened up there was a lot of talk about that.
7/15/2018 8:12 PM
The path I took to become a D1 coach was 1 season in D3, 10 seasons in D2, 4 seasons in D1AA. After reaching the D1AA semis and ~150 wins, I had my pick of D1 jobs. Other coaches needed half as many wins to reach D1. YMMV.
7/15/2018 11:53 PM
And then when you finally get a moderately successful 1A team , after a few seasons the AI will determine that you weren't successful enough for "It's" satisfaction and you will have your team yanked from your quivering hands .
7/16/2018 9:22 AM
Becoming a D1A Coach Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.