Are you leaving if YATZR tool will no longer work Topic

Posted by badaxe on 8/26/2018 1:56:00 PM (view original):

A quick look at GUESS world populations show a total drop of 113 human coached teams current season to last season. 612 left. A 16% drop.

Some of this can be attributed to the worlds changing start/recruiting days. Some people just can't recruit at work or on the weekends so they left as well. It's a combination of a lot of things, but the common thread is poor customer service.

8/27/2018 4:07 PM
I've gone from 7 to 3 teams. Not really due to yatzr tool, although I really liked having my own formulas for rating players, but the game/recruiting does get boring. I'm probably going to drop one more team, at least. Doubt I'll ever quit completely.
8/27/2018 6:21 PM
I’m dropping a team, because I have no clue what I’m doing recruiting at D1-AA. Had two terrible recruiting classes in a row
8/28/2018 1:48 PM
I'm not renewing my football team, and it's not YAZR's tool per se - it's the 'bulk actions' that it allowed (I couldn't care less about the ratings). It takes seven clicks to conduct one recruiting action. Assuming you have 13 scholarships, and have five targets per schollie you're sending AC scouts to, that is a ridiculous 455 clicks needed just to conduct the 1st round of recruiting, the AC scouting. Yazr's bulk actions allowed us to reduce that to a much more manageable 66 clicks, an 85% reduction.

Said another way, if we had a way to do bulk recruiting actions, I think that would effectively solve most of the complaints around not having access to his tool. I play this game to have fun, not to develop carpel tunnel syndrome.
8/30/2018 8:40 AM
I have played my last GD game. Yatzr made recruiting acceptable. Too many clicks, too little control over data. It is a waste of my time. I'm not paying to be a click farmer...
8/30/2018 9:46 AM
Posted by sonorastorm on 8/30/2018 8:41:00 AM (view original):
I'm not renewing my football team, and it's not YAZR's tool per se - it's the 'bulk actions' that it allowed (I couldn't care less about the ratings). It takes seven clicks to conduct one recruiting action. Assuming you have 13 scholarships, and have five targets per schollie you're sending AC scouts to, that is a ridiculous 455 clicks needed just to conduct the 1st round of recruiting, the AC scouting. Yazr's bulk actions allowed us to reduce that to a much more manageable 66 clicks, an 85% reduction.

Said another way, if we had a way to do bulk recruiting actions, I think that would effectively solve most of the complaints around not having access to his tool. I play this game to have fun, not to develop carpel tunnel syndrome.
I've actually developed carpal tunnel since this whole recruiting fiasco started. Any lawyers out there that want to take the case on contingency?
8/30/2018 1:48 PM
There's probably several who have developed that problem. Could be enough for a class action process.
8/30/2018 3:06 PM
I went through the Carpal Tunnel once. Got me claustrophobic .
8/31/2018 11:00 AM
hope you blasted them commie bastards

8/31/2018 1:08 PM
Posted by mojolad on 8/31/2018 11:00:00 AM (view original):
I went through the Carpal Tunnel once. Got me claustrophobic .
I wanted to go through the Carpool Tunnel but there wasn't anyone else in the car with me.
8/31/2018 6:17 PM
That ***Pool joke is Dead...
9/1/2018 11:20 AM
Just left
9/2/2018 9:00 AM
I’m out. The combination of moving start dates and no way to efficiently recruit without Yatzr has killed it. I have plenty of spreadsheets and can scrape data like a champ, but it is just a billion clicks to do simple recruiting actions without Yatzr. Sportshub should have just wiped their butts with whatever money they spent to buy WhatIfSports. I didn’t think someone would manage to buy it and make it worse.
9/10/2018 10:23 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by jeffn48 on 9/10/2018 12:59:00 PM (view original):
Count me in the camp who might quit because I have to click too much. Having to move the tiniest part of my body in the most minuscule way takes all the enjoyment out of the game. Somebody had to click their mouse 455 times! He might have burned a calorie! I made the mistake of getting a steak the other day and they made me cut it myself. Then, I had to chew each piece 9 times, and there were 22 pieces. That's 198 chews. I've since switched to receiving all my nutrition via an IV, and it has resulted in a 100% reduction in chews. An ideal world would be just laying in bed all day, shouting recruiting actions. I'd be willing to throw in a minimal amount of money (not enough to make it worth anyone's time, but enough so I feel entitled to complain if it breaks) for anyone able to make an Alexa port of the yatzr tool.

To those two guys who are considering a class action suit - keep up the great work! You are the embodiment of everything right in the world.
Way to misrepresent the posts, jeff! Gratz on your mastery of reductio ad absurdum! You're everything that's special about anonymous chat rooms!
9/10/2018 2:39 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10 Next ▸
Are you leaving if YATZR tool will no longer work Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.