The NEW LEFT...Can't make this stuff up Topic

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was the headline act at the 16th Annual Universal Muslim Association of America held over the weekend in Dearborn, Michigan, but she didn't take the stage alone. By her side, vouching for her dedication to women's rights and her progressive values, was Women's March leader and noted anti-Semite, Linda Sarsour.

According to Legal Insurrection, Sarsour reportedly did little to hide her "girl crush" on the newest member of the progressive elite, gushing over Ocasio-Cortez in a panel discussion on political activism.

It's not surprising that this pair would hook up together: Sarsour was overjoyed at Ocasio-Cortez's win, and in an interview with Democracy Now!, called Ocasio-Cortez "the hope we've been waiting for."

Sarsour also mentioned in that same interview that Ocasio-Cortez is "pro-Palestine," even though Ocasio-Cortez had trouble articulating a position on the Israeli-Palestinian divide in an interview with PBS's "Firing Line," even admitting quite publicly that she wasn't well versed on the issue. Ocasio-Cortez promised to seek out information on her own proposed "two-state solution," and it appears she might be seeking it out from noted expert on foreign policy, Sarsour.

Legal Insurrection noted possible issues for Ocasio-Cortez stemming from her joint weekend appearance. Although Ocasio-Cortez is pro-women's rights, the event was segregated, and all females attended — including young girls — wore the hijab.

7/31/2018 3:11 PM
Buckle up, buttercup!
7/31/2018 4:28 PM
She's an idiot.
7/31/2018 5:37 PM
Posted by DougOut on 7/31/2018 5:37:00 PM (view original):
She's an idiot.
And the new face of the Dems. So if the face of your party is an "idiot" what does that say about your party?
8/1/2018 12:08 PM
Not sure why you think Sarsour is an anti-semite:

Sarsour has said that Israel has the right to exist, that she wishes to see Israelis and Palestinians coexist as part of a one-state solution, and that she does not support either Hamas or the Palestinian Authority
8/1/2018 12:37 PM
She wants a one-state solution. LOL. That means no more Israel as a majority Jewish state (only predominantly Jewish country in the world now btw). BL for all the sh*t I give you, I consider you somewhat smart. If you don't see Sarsour as anti-Jew and anti-Israel as it stands today then you are everything all3 says you are. 100%.

My goodness.

8/1/2018 1:57 PM
cccp, I was not familiar with her at all, so I read a little bit about her. Other than the one state solution, which I don't think is a good idea, she does not seem too bad. Maybe she is anti-Israel. Not sure about being anti-Jew. The little I read said she had done some good things for Jews (like raising money for a vandalized Jewish cemetery) Again, I did not read much about her, so I am not deeply familiar with her views, just basing this on the little I read.
8/1/2018 2:14 PM
Google her youtube interviews. She 100% believes Israel is an apartheid regime and again a one-state solution means the end of Israel as you know it. Israel becomes a predominantly Muslim country...or one of 54.

8/1/2018 2:20 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 8/1/2018 1:57:00 PM (view original):
She wants a one-state solution. LOL. That means no more Israel as a majority Jewish state (only predominantly Jewish country in the world now btw). BL for all the sh*t I give you, I consider you somewhat smart. If you don't see Sarsour as anti-Jew and anti-Israel as it stands today then you are everything all3 says you are. 100%.

My goodness.

Um, you’re in favor of making Palestine a country?

Arguing for a peaceful, one-state solution isn’t anti-Semite. You might disagree, but there’s nothing inherently bigoted about that stance.
8/1/2018 2:51 PM
For the record, a two state solution is probably the only way this ever works. But I don’t see her statement as anti-Semite.
8/1/2018 2:54 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 8/1/2018 2:51:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 8/1/2018 1:57:00 PM (view original):

My goodness.

Um, you’re in favor of making Palestine a country?

Arguing for a peaceful, one-state solution isn’t anti-Semite. You might disagree, but there’s nothing inherently bigoted about that stance.
I disagree. It means the elimination of the only majority Jewish state. It step one, step two is fewer rights for Jews, step 3 is catastrophe. We had this discussion before, there is not ONE majority Islamic country that is not a social, political or economic fiasco. NOT ONE. Israel is a tolerant democracy that treats women and men equally, is strong economically and not a military autocracy.

Her mantra of a one state solution means all that goes away and it becomes another mostly Muslim country, which as we discussed is not exactly a good thing, especially since there is no separation of church and state.

How you don't see me seeing this as a threat is interesting to me. I can see supporting a two state solution but not a one state one and only support a two state one if Hamas and Fatah are turned away and the corruption is significantly lessened.
8/1/2018 2:57 PM
Seems like you’re the one bigoted against Muslims.
8/1/2018 2:58 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 8/1/2018 2:58:00 PM (view original):
Seems like you’re the one bigoted against Muslims.
Don't deflect. You cannot name one mostly Muslim nation that does not have some real issues. It does not make me a bigot in my eyes anyway. In fact I support Muslims who want to modernize and be able to be openly gay or leave the religion if they choose or not wear a Hijab. But they are oppressed by awful governments and the radicals in that religion.

I will stand shoulder to shoulder with each and every modern Muslim against their oppressors. But those that consider women as 2nd class citizens, those that want gays killed or those that believe that apostasy is punishable by death or those who believe drawing cartoons is punishable by death I do not support. And again facts are facts. ALL majority Muslim countries have major issues because tolerant Muslims are shouted down by intolerant ones.

I guaranty you if the Kurds were where Palestinians are and Palestinians were were the Kurds are then no one would care about Palestinians but would state that Israel is crushing the Kurds. No one cares about Muslim on Muslim feuds but Jews...well it is open season.
8/1/2018 3:06 PM
Cannot name one nation on earth that does not have some real issues.

You seem to hate Muslims.
8/1/2018 3:08 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 8/1/2018 3:08:00 PM (view original):
Cannot name one nation on earth that does not have some real issues.

You seem to hate Muslims.
You're a troll. I can name dozens that don't discriminate against gays, treat women and men equally, don't kill you for leaving a religion, don't kill you for drawing cartoons. I said I stand with modern Muslims and want to help them.

You obviously cannot read or you are stupid as you missed that entire part. Leftist loser you are. All3 was 100% right about you.

Your next logical post will be your first. Good Luck. Loser. Learn to read.

"I will stand shoulder to shoulder with each and every modern Muslim against their oppressors. "
8/1/2018 3:13 PM
1|2|3...45 Next ▸
The NEW LEFT...Can't make this stuff up Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.