Naismith D2 Season 105 Topic

Here are the dynasty rankings for season 105. For reference, these are based on the rankings alblack used to run, which are only based on post-season results and only based on the last 5 seasons. I'm looking at possibly using 8 seasons...which would be 2 full class cycles. We'll see.

Rank School Last Yr
1 N. Colorado 1
2 West Georgia 5
3 Tiffin 2
4 Abilene Christian 3
5 CSU, Stanislaus 4
6 S. Illinois, Edwardsville 6
7 Mesa St. 15
8 Pittsburgh, Johnstown 7
9 Minnesota St., Mankato 9
10 Lewis 22
11 CSU, San Bernardino 8
12 Bryant 10
13 CSU, Los Angeles 11
14 Wisconsin, Parkside 12
15 California, San Diego 21
16 St. Mary's (TX) 17
17 W. Chester (PA) 13
18 Benedict 20
19 Lock Haven 18
20 Adams St. 14
21 Dowling 23
22 Humboldt St. 16
23 Carson-Newman 30
24 Tampa 25
25 Lake Superior St. 27

26 Western St., 27 San Francisco St., 28 Truman St., 29 Quincy, 30 U. of Indianapolis, 31 Edinboro U. (PA), 32 Alaska Fairbanks, 33 Georgia College, 34 N. Kentucky, 35 Virginia State, 36 Tusculum, 37 Florida Southern, 38 Barry, 39 N. Florida, 40 E. Stroudsburg U. (PA), 41 Texas A&M, Kingsville, 42 W. Oregon, 43 Philadelphia, 44 Seattle, 45 SW Oklahoma St., 46 Chaminade, 47 Bluefield St., 48 Queens, 49 Bemidji St., 50 Gannon, 51 Slippery Rock, 52 Pace, 53 Merrimack, 54 Bentley, 55 Grand Canyon, 56 St. Michael's, 57 Fairmont St., 58 Minnesota, Crookston, 59 Shaw, 60 Kentucky Wesleyan, 61 Cal. Poly Pomona, 62 Pfeiffer, 63 N. Greenville, 64 S. Indiana, 65 Missouri Southern St.
8/12/2018 12:45 AM
Make room for Coker next season. I got upset in the first round in my first competitive season here last season.

As far as this season.... if there's 12 teams better than me, i'm buying all 12 of you a 10 pack, on me! (I'm pointing out my #13 pre-season rank. Yes i'm bitter! Haha)

edit.... just read the part about last 5 seasons (and possibly going to 8).... insert foot in mouth! My apologies. I will come back and gripe in about 3 seasons or so.
8/12/2018 11:30 PM (edited)
Well, you have 3 of those 12 on your schedule and 4 if you include pre-season. Now I feel bad playing you at my place since I have a payment arrangement with some of the refs when they are in town. I'm used to being unranked in the pre-season, so I'm not sure what is up being at 10. Teams that win titles, make the title game, etc...unranked.

For what it is worth, Coker was 2 off the list this time, would have been #67. I just list those that have positive scores, and I give a negative score to not making the NT or PI. Next season, Coker would be on the list for sure. I would think even one season with a deep NT run would get you in the top 25, or 2-3 solid seasons. That is the advantage of doing this with a 5 season window...it doesn't take forever to get on the list. In the 8 season scenario, it would take a little longer. The reason I'm thinking about it is there is a very abrupt drop off when a season falls off after 5 seasons, so I could smooth that out a bit if I extended it to 8.
8/13/2018 9:07 AM
Thanks as always for doing this, Brad!
8/13/2018 2:44 PM
Posted by long_ge on 8/13/2018 9:07:00 AM (view original):
Well, you have 3 of those 12 on your schedule and 4 if you include pre-season. Now I feel bad playing you at my place since I have a payment arrangement with some of the refs when they are in town. I'm used to being unranked in the pre-season, so I'm not sure what is up being at 10. Teams that win titles, make the title game, etc...unranked.

For what it is worth, Coker was 2 off the list this time, would have been #67. I just list those that have positive scores, and I give a negative score to not making the NT or PI. Next season, Coker would be on the list for sure. I would think even one season with a deep NT run would get you in the top 25, or 2-3 solid seasons. That is the advantage of doing this with a 5 season window...it doesn't take forever to get on the list. In the 8 season scenario, it would take a little longer. The reason I'm thinking about it is there is a very abrupt drop off when a season falls off after 5 seasons, so I could smooth that out a bit if I extended it to 8.
Cool. Well I'll see you next season then! But 8 seasons? I haven't snooped around the world much, to look for longevity. But is there that many coaches with 8 seasons at one school? That seems to be a lot.

Also, for coaches that are offering game requests, i'm not denying you. Just leaving 5-9 open at the moment in case I return to The Classic next season
8/13/2018 8:29 PM
Yeah, that’s one of the reasons I have kept it at 5. Too much turnover to go much longer. Also, no need to keep 5-9 open. If you win the tournament, it skips a season. The champ would return in season 107. It would be a lot of trouble to try to schedule everything after 9 games were completed, so that’s why the DC returns the second season after they win.
8/13/2018 8:36 PM
Since my flight got canceled and the replacement flight was delayed 6+ hours and I am rather bored...the logic behind 8 seasons is that these seasons are already weighted. 5 seasons is arbitrary and 8 would give 2 full sets of recruiting classes. Years 6-8 would count less than 1-5. What I have noticed is that the changes in rankings one year to the next are often more of a function of what year fell off. I would like to smooth that out a bit more. Not sure 8 is the solution. 5 has advantages also. Anyway, please excuse my fatigued and bored rambling. I wanted to think about something really interesting, so of course I immediately thought of this enthralling topic.
8/14/2018 12:19 AM
Got ya..... ok..... I'll send out a request to those I declined
8/14/2018 6:34 PM
Naismith D2 Season 105 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.