Lost 4 flips in a row while up 70-30. Topic

Well Steaks and PB&Js aside, I just don't think this game would make much sense if a preferences were absolute. It doesn't make much sense for a player to HAVE to play Motion/Zone. I mean, it's not in the faintest realm of realism (not that this game is very realistic most of the time).

But seriously, you ever hear about a recruit choosing a school because of the offense or defense that it runs. "well, I really liked what Tom Izzo had to say and I could definitely picture myself winning a national championship there but I'm just not a big fan of Man to Man defense so I had to choose Eastern Michigan University because I just dreamed about playing Zone defense since I was a little boy."
8/19/2018 7:33 PM
Posted by Benis on 8/19/2018 7:33:00 PM (view original):
Well Steaks and PB&Js aside, I just don't think this game would make much sense if a preferences were absolute. It doesn't make much sense for a player to HAVE to play Motion/Zone. I mean, it's not in the faintest realm of realism (not that this game is very realistic most of the time).

But seriously, you ever hear about a recruit choosing a school because of the offense or defense that it runs. "well, I really liked what Tom Izzo had to say and I could definitely picture myself winning a national championship there but I'm just not a big fan of Man to Man defense so I had to choose Eastern Michigan University because I just dreamed about playing Zone defense since I was a little boy."
I agree 100%. But my interpretation of preferences (which can be completely wrong, I admit)... things like offensive sets shouldn't weigh much. But distance and success should weigh a whole lot in my opinion. For me it's pointless to have a kid with a preference of close to home that lives in new York, and ends up at UCLA. When the considering schools are UCLA, Syracuse, Villanova, St John's, and UConn. I think it defeats the purpose of having preferences. I feel those two preferences should have major major impact.

i'm not even trying to say i'm right with any of these arguments. I am just speaking what I feel should be factored in. And it's not.

now if that same recruit from New York only got interest from Florida, Kansas, UCLA, and Arizona, then I feel UCLA is fine. Because none of the schools are close. If a player wants a rebuild, and the competing schools are Duke, UK, UNC, and Akron, I feel that Akron should hold a HUGE bargaining chip. Not just some minuscule little credit. That's just my opinions. Which aren't worth a damn, nor are anyone else's. That's just how I feel.
8/19/2018 8:09 PM
Only change I would make in preferences is changing the "wants rebuild" to "newer coach" (five or less seasons at a school).

It might help people when they transfer schools and move up divisions.
8/19/2018 9:17 PM
Posted by l80r20 on 8/19/2018 9:55:00 AM (view original):
This warrants repeating:
"The credit leader is a lower mid level Big 6 conference team who went all in; the dark horse is high A+ Syracuse, with multiple national championships in recent years, who made a late push. The outcome is realistic and completely understandable. The frustration stems from a fundamental misunderstanding of how the game works. No B level prestige team should ever feel “safe” when an A+ is lurking."

And no "B level team chasing a top 5 overall in the country player should ever be surprised to lose to a high A+."
Spud! What a random sighting -- especially when he: (a) has no active teams; and (b) is literally just repeating the post of someone else.

Given the way 3.0 has leveled the playing field, a B prestige team complaining about recruiting is pretty rich, though....
8/19/2018 9:55 PM
◂ Prev 12345
Lost 4 flips in a row while up 70-30. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.