White Privilege Topic

Since bad luck and tang insist here you go:

I am going to say this again. We all have to deal with biases. Asians and Jews are the most well off peoples in the US. They are minorities. They don't have white privilege. They don't have Asian and Jewish privilege. They have tightly knit families with two parents and often time grandparents involved in raising kids. That makes more of a difference than color of skin.

Blacks with two parents are more successful than whites with one parent.

This is my FREAKING STANCE. OMG!!!
8/23/2018 7:16 PM
Aren't you forgetting all those Government programs that cater to whites only and to all the white quotas? Don't forget about the NFL, where white players need to be given a tryout before a black player can be signed. What? I have all that backwards? Well then, sounds like quite a few ways where there is white disprivilege. Maybe you're on to something about family being a big part of success. Nah, how can that be true when so many "smart" people keep screaming it's because of race?
8/23/2018 11:18 PM
Maybe it can be both?
8/24/2018 8:55 AM
Affirmative Action is a privilege.

As I said sometimes being white has privileges and sometimes being black does. Sometimes being Jewish does. We need to look at each situation on a case by case basis. Throwing out blanket white privilege lingo is not helpful to anyone.
8/24/2018 9:45 AM
But we can all agree that kids who grow up with 1 parent have a significant disadvantage to those who grow up with two. Time to step up and start educating school kids on that from an early age. Say no to one parent households.
8/24/2018 9:46 AM
It helps those who are too dumb and/or too lazy to try to make something out of themselves by giving them something other than themselves to blame. Idiots like tang and b_l who buy-in to this lame excuse just make it easier for those people to live as freeloaders at the expense of those who work hard and do the best they can.
8/24/2018 9:50 AM
Posted by all3 on 8/24/2018 9:50:00 AM (view original):
It helps those who are too dumb and/or too lazy to try to make something out of themselves by giving them something other than themselves to blame. Idiots like tang and b_l who buy-in to this lame excuse just make it easier for those people to live as freeloaders at the expense of those who work hard and do the best they can.
I agree 100%. Tang is a naieve tbh. I was the same way when I was his age. bad luck has no excuse other than being an uninformed buffoon. We are not any more racist now than we were in the 60s. In the 60s, 20% of African Americans came from a 1 parent household. Today it is 70%. That has nothing to do with white privelege. African Americans kill one another at alarming rates. Again, nothing to do with white privelege. Until the Left tackles the actual problem it will never be solved.

8/24/2018 9:55 AM
There's a lot to unpack here so I am gonna respond later when I am not working.
8/24/2018 12:05 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 8/24/2018 9:45:00 AM (view original):
Affirmative Action is a privilege.

As I said sometimes being white has privileges and sometimes being black does. Sometimes being Jewish does. We need to look at each situation on a case by case basis. Throwing out blanket white privilege lingo is not helpful to anyone.
can you give me a couple of examples when it is an advantage to be black? And don't give me your NFL/NBA crap.
8/24/2018 1:04 PM
Living in Africa helps. Depends where you live and what the laws are. There is no white privilege in South Africa.
8/24/2018 2:20 PM
Posted by DougOut on 8/24/2018 2:20:00 PM (view original):
Living in Africa helps. Depends where you live and what the laws are. There is no white privilege in South Africa.
Not now.
8/24/2018 2:26 PM
So you guys are of the firm belief affirmitive action was created solely for the lazy?
8/24/2018 2:58 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 8/24/2018 9:46:00 AM (view original):
But we can all agree that kids who grow up with 1 parent have a significant disadvantage to those who grow up with two. Time to step up and start educating school kids on that from an early age. Say no to one parent households.
So you’re saying we shouldn’t throw out blanket statements other than the blanket statements you want to throw out?
8/24/2018 3:01 PM
Posted by The Taint on 8/24/2018 2:58:00 PM (view original):
So you guys are of the firm belief affirmitive action was created solely for the lazy?
Are you putting words into peoples mouths again?
8/24/2018 3:09 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 8/24/2018 3:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 8/24/2018 9:46:00 AM (view original):
So you’re saying we shouldn’t throw out blanket statements other than the blanket statements you want to throw out?
Did you finally get around to unblocking me and getting the truth or are you still avoiding me and talking in circles?
8/24/2018 3:12 PM
1|2|3...53 Next ▸
White Privilege Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.