White Privilege Topic

Posted by cccp1014 on 8/28/2018 10:52:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 8/28/2018 9:55:00 AM (view original):
Then racists would be right.
Not my point. If as it is in the NBA the best players are African Americans and if the team decided to go down the equality path the teams would not be as good. We agree.

So let's say the discrepancy in wages is because capitalism is playing its role and everybody is paid fairly. Some people are just better at those jobs and they are white, Asian, Jewish, etc.

Playing Devil's Advocate. People could be wasting their time fighting a battle that does not need to be fought. Correct?

Ok so first off we know that capitalism doesn't pay wages perfectly fairly and second, black people aren't naturally better at football, there are tons of factors besides natural athleticism.
8/28/2018 11:58 AM
Posted by tangplay on 8/28/2018 11:58:00 AM (view original):
Not my point. If as it is in the NBA the best players are African Americans and if the team decided to go down the equality path the teams would not be as good. We agree.

So let's say the discrepancy in wages is because capitalism is playing its role and everybody is paid fairly. Some people are just better at those jobs and they are white, Asian, Jewish, etc.

Playing Devil's Advocate. People could be wasting their time fighting a battle that does not need to be fought. Correct?

Ok so first off we know that capitalism doesn't pay wages perfectly fairly and second, black people aren't naturally better at football, there are tons of factors besides natural athleticism.
I said the NBA not football. Top 30 NBA prospects right now are African American. NBAdraft.net

African Americans are better at the sport. Define "fair"? Under capitalism if you don't like your wage you can quit and work elsewhere? The market determines your wage. Yes?
8/28/2018 12:03 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 8/28/2018 12:03:00 PM (view original):

I said the NBA not football. Top 30 NBA prospects right now are African American. NBAdraft.net

African Americans are better at the sport. Define "fair"? Under capitalism if you don't like your wage you can quit and work elsewhere? The market determines your wage. Yes?
You think black people are naturally better at basketball? White people have a naturally better culture?

You really think the USA is a meritocracy?
8/28/2018 12:08 PM
Posted by tangplay on 8/28/2018 12:08:00 PM (view original):

You think black people are naturally better at basketball? White people have a naturally better culture?

I think yes, they are naturally better at hoops. I don't think white people have a better culture. Have you been to Mississippi? USA is as close to a meritocracy as you will find in the civilized world, IMO.
8/28/2018 12:24 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 8/28/2018 12:24:00 PM (view original):

I think yes, they are naturally better at hoops. I don't think white people have a better culture. Have you been to Mississippi? USA is as close to a meritocracy as you will find in the civilized world, IMO.
This is getting really dumb. There are almost 50 million black people in the US. There are less than 500 players on NBA rosters.

You can't say that black people are naturally better at basketball than white people. That's ridiculously stupid.
8/28/2018 12:33 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 8/28/2018 12:33:00 PM (view original):

This is getting really dumb. There are almost 50 million black people in the US. There are less than 500 players on NBA rosters.

You can't say that black people are naturally better at basketball than white people. That's ridiculously stupid.
I just did. There are 43 million black people (13% of population) and yet 75% of the NBA is black. Top 30 NBA prospects for the 2019 draft are black. 58% of Div I college basketball are black players and the majority of the 42% are likely the bench warmers or players on crappy teams.

You are ridiculously stupid. Best players of all time
  1. Jordan
  2. KAJ
  3. LeBron
  4. Bill Russell
  5. Kobe
  6. Wilt
  7. Magic
  8. Duncan
  9. Dr. J
  10. Larry Bird

1/10....is white.

There is nothing wrong with that, btw.
8/28/2018 12:41 PM
Those SPECIFIC black people are/were better at basketball than everyone else.

That doesn't make all black people in general naturally better at basketball.

Just like the fact that almost all fortune 500 CEOs to ever live have been white doesn't make white people naturally better at running big companies.
8/28/2018 12:46 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 8/28/2018 12:46:00 PM (view original):
Those SPECIFIC black people are/were better at basketball than everyone else.

That doesn't make all black people in general naturally better at basketball.

Just like the fact that almost all fortune 500 CEOs to ever live have been white doesn't make white people naturally better at running big companies.
I didn't say all. At the highest levels. Div I NCAA and NBA, black players are substantially better than white. If you were to put together an all white Olympic team, they would be sub par on the international stage. JJ Redick, Plumlees, Grayson Allen, Gordon Hayward...plus you ignored that the top 30 2019 prospects are also black. You are just dumb and won't admit it.

Of course Gordon Hayward is better than many black players but more often than not black players are better than white players at the highest levels. Why am I explaining myself to you?

You are a freaking moron who said Catfish Hunter was mediocre. STFU and let tang and me debate this.
8/28/2018 12:58 PM
At the highest levels, CEO's are almost all white. Are whites just better at running companies?
8/28/2018 12:59 PM

Yes, there are more successful black players. Again, TONS of factors can explain this. If the roles were reversed (as in everything swapped besides skin color) white people would be the primary players in the NBA. White people dominate baseball and soccer. There are reasons for this.

Also, we are not a meritocracy.
8/28/2018 1:02 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 8/28/2018 12:59:00 PM (view original):
At the highest levels, CEO's are almost all white. Are whites just better at running companies?
You just answered my question with a question again OMG.

It is a false equivalency since 75% of the country is white. 13% of the country is black and 75% of the players in the NBA are black. Are you naturally stupid or do you practice long hours to get this way?

White Men Account for 72% of Corporate Leadership of the Fortune 500 Companies

So based on the population that is about right. Not sure what you're complaining about? The country is mostly white.
8/28/2018 1:05 PM (edited)
Posted by cccp1014 on 8/28/2018 12:42:00 PM (view original):

I just did. There are 43 million black people (13% of population) and yet 75% of the NBA is black. Top 30 NBA prospects for the 2019 draft are black. 58% of Div I college basketball are black players and the majority of the 42% are likely the bench warmers or players on crappy teams.

1. Jordan
  2. KAJ
  3. LeBron
  4. Bill Russell
  5. Kobe
  6. Wilt
  7. Magic
  8. Duncan
  9. Dr. J
  10. Larry Bird

1/10....is white.

LeBron is #2. Russell is lower. Kobe is lower. Magic is the greatest Laker ever. Duncan is lower. Bird higher.
8/28/2018 1:04 PM
Posted by tangplay on 8/28/2018 1:04:00 PM (view original):

1. Jordan
  2. KAJ
  3. LeBron
  4. Bill Russell
  5. Kobe
  6. Wilt
  7. Magic
  8. Duncan
  9. Dr. J
  10. Larry Bird

1/10....is white.

LeBron is #2. Russell is lower. Kobe is lower. Magic is the greatest Laker ever. Duncan is lower. Bird higher.
They were not 1-10 exactly I just listed off the top of my head. I thik KAJ was better than LBJ but LBJ's career is not over yet.
8/28/2018 1:06 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 8/28/2018 1:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 8/28/2018 12:59:00 PM (view original):
You just answered my question with a question again OMG.

It is a false equivalency since 75% of the country is white. 13% of the country is black and 75% of the players in the NBA are black. Are you naturally stupid or do you practice long hours to get this way?

White Men Account for 72% of Corporate Leadership of the Fortune 500 Companies

So based on the population that is about right. Not sure what you're complaining about? The country is mostly white.
You didn't ask a question (other than a rhetorical one at the end of your second paragraph).
8/28/2018 1:08 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 8/28/2018 1:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 8/28/2018 1:04:00 PM (view original):

1. Jordan
  2. KAJ
  3. LeBron
  4. Bill Russell
  5. Kobe
  6. Wilt
  7. Magic
  8. Duncan
  9. Dr. J
  10. Larry Bird

1/10....is white.

They were not 1-10 exactly I just listed off the top of my head. I thik KAJ was better than LBJ but LBJ's career is not over yet.
What are the standards here. Dominance? It's completely based on personal opinion.
8/28/2018 1:10 PM
◂ Prev 1...10|11|12|13|14...53 Next ▸
White Privilege Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.