White Privilege Topic

Posted by cccp1014 on 8/24/2018 9:45:00 AM (view original):
Affirmative Action is a privilege.

As I said sometimes being white has privileges and sometimes being black does. Sometimes being Jewish does. We need to look at each situation on a case by case basis. Throwing out blanket white privilege lingo is not helpful to anyone.
Affirmative action exists to balance out the pendulum that currently swings to white people. By saying that white people and black people are currently equally better off in a world with affirmative action recognizes that black people have a disadvantage.

I agree that most things can be applied to a case-by-case basis, and that everyone has advantages and disadvantages. However, as a BLANKET TERM, in general, race is one of the many advantages/disadvantages. I would argue one of the more prominent ones, but that's beside the point. In general, being black has more disadvantages in America than being white.
8/25/2018 11:02 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 8/24/2018 9:46:00 AM (view original):
But we can all agree that kids who grow up with 1 parent have a significant disadvantage to those who grow up with two. Time to step up and start educating school kids on that from an early age. Say no to one parent households.
I agree with you on this. I don't know how you would make a campaign that actually works on kids. Perhaps the same way we fight smoking, which works, but extremely slowly.

However, it's not an either/or. The existence of that problem doesn't mean that no other problems exist.
8/25/2018 11:05 AM
Posted by all3 on 8/24/2018 9:50:00 AM (view original):
It helps those who are too dumb and/or too lazy to try to make something out of themselves by giving them something other than themselves to blame. Idiots like tang and b_l who buy-in to this lame excuse just make it easier for those people to live as freeloaders at the expense of those who work hard and do the best they can.
So you agree that opportunity should be equalized so no complaints can be made?
8/25/2018 11:06 AM
Posted by tangplay on 8/25/2018 10:48:00 AM (view original):
lol no you haven't.
Why is every cornerback in the NFL black? Why is the NBA 75% black and NFL 70% black when the US pop is only 13% black? Either the black players are much better players in those sports or those leagues are racist vs whites?

What sayeth you?
8/25/2018 11:06 AM
Posted by tangplay on 8/25/2018 11:06:00 AM (view original):
It helps those who are too dumb and/or too lazy to try to make something out of themselves by giving them something other than themselves to blame. Idiots like tang and b_l who buy-in to this lame excuse just make it easier for those people to live as freeloaders at the expense of those who work hard and do the best they can.
Opportunities are equal. Outcomes are not.
8/25/2018 11:07 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 8/24/2018 9:55:00 AM (view original):
I agree 100%. Tang is a naieve tbh. I was the same way when I was his age. bad luck has no excuse other than being an uninformed buffoon. We are not any more racist now than we were in the 60s. In the 60s, 20% of African Americans came from a 1 parent household. Today it is 70%. That has nothing to do with white privelege. African Americans kill one another at alarming rates. Again, nothing to do with white privelege. Until the Left tackles the actual problem it will never be solved.

Damn right I'm naive. I can't argue about what I will feel in 30 years. I can talk in the here and now.

More whataboutism btw, black on black crime has nothing to do with this and the left isn't even in power right now. What has Trump done about this?

(also, the real number is 90% of black killings are done by blacks. It's 82% for white people. That's the FBI data)
8/25/2018 11:09 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 8/25/2018 11:06:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 8/25/2018 10:48:00 AM (view original):
lol no you haven't.
Why is every cornerback in the NFL black? Why is the NBA 75% black and NFL 70% black when the US pop is only 13% black? Either the black players are much better players in those sports or those leagues are racist vs whites?

What sayeth you?
I think there are thousands of other factors that can explain for it.
8/25/2018 11:11 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 8/25/2018 11:07:00 AM (view original):
Ah, OK, so black people are just dumber and lazier. Got it.
8/25/2018 11:11 AM

Barry White Privilege.

Give it up, ain't no use.
8/25/2018 11:59 AM
Posted by tangplay on 8/25/2018 11:11:00 AM (view original):
With all the social programs and financial help available to the "less fortunate" in this Country, yes, I believe those 2 reasons, along with a disability, are the only reasons someone does not support themselves. What I see and hear living withing a few miles of a somewhat major city verifies that for me almost every day. Some of those people have the crutch of racism (of all kinds) they try to use to cover what the real reason is, and others don't.
8/25/2018 12:08 PM
Posted by tangplay on 8/25/2018 11:11:00 AM (view original):
No their standards aren’t as high as Jewish, White, or Asians.

Blame the culture
8/25/2018 12:09 PM
Ah, so it's not black PEOPLE, it's black CULTURE. Much better.
8/25/2018 12:13 PM
8/25/2018 12:35 PM
Quote post by tangplay on 8/25/2018 10:56:00 AM
Let's use some critical thinking skills. Why do you think some groups have families that are predominantly this way and some groups do not? Why, specifically, do less black people have this?

I am very curious to hear your answer to this. I have thought about it for awhile now, since reading this, and I cannot even hazard a guess as to what your answer could possibly be.
8/25/2018 3:08 PM (edited)
I want to hear CCCP's response.
8/25/2018 3:13 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...53 Next ▸
White Privilege Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.