White Privilege Topic

Posted by DougOut on 10/15/2018 6:12:00 PM (view original):

Me no have white privilege.
Yep, being 1/1064 Native American has made her life very difficult.
10/15/2018 6:25 PM

I didn't get white privilege. I got kicked in the face.
10/15/2018 6:30 PM

I got white privilege. Lots of it.
10/15/2018 6:30 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 10/15/2018 6:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 10/15/2018 6:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 10/15/2018 5:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 10/15/2018 4:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 10/15/2018 4:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 10/15/2018 4:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 10/15/2018 4:03:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 10/15/2018 3:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 10/15/2018 2:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 10/15/2018 2:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 10/15/2018 2:27:00 PM (view original):
If I have a household that contains four working adults and you have a household that contains two, should we try to compare household incomes?
100%

Because maybe the one with the 4 has to pay for childcare and has more expenses. Thank you finally admitting we should review everything on a case by case basis vs. your racist group think.

Progress...
Does the four working adult household have to pay for childcare?

And why wouldn't the two working adult household have to pay for childcare?

Wouldn't it be better to just compare individual income to individual income, instead of household, which can vary greatly in size and composition?
No. Because I may take a job making less for a better work/life balance because I have little kids. You may take one making more because your wife is home and you are the only wage earner. Case by case basis. Stats can be misleading.
So then we should ignore your stats on Asian median household income?
I never said ignore. But we should not base our entire thought process based on group stats. Everyone in America has equal rights and some start with some advantage and others with some disadvantage. The rest is up to the the individual.
Every American has equal rights under the law, but not every American has to overcome implicit bias because of the color of their skin.
No but they have to overcome other obstacles:
  1. Learning disability
  2. Too short
  3. Too fat
  4. Poor parents
  5. Poor connections
  6. Allergies
  7. Anxiety
  8. Fear of public speaking
  9. Too ugly
  10. Too frekled
NO ONE starts out on equal footing. We all start out with equal rights and then become the best we can. I met on Friday with a gentleman originally from India. He has been here for 30 years. First generation. Multi millionaire, built his own business. Started with nothing. Equal rights and he grabbed the bull by the horn. Sometimes privileged kids just have less of a work ethic and that is their disadvantage.
The point isn't that people don't have to over come things. The point is that if you take any two random people in the same situation:

black person with learning disability/white person with learning disability

black poor person/white poor person

black anxious person/white anxious person

The white person has a built in societal advantage over the black person.
Maybe or maybe not. No two situations are exactly alike. I hate Group Think.
No, definitely.

You just pointed out some obstacles. Who would you say is at an advantage between these two:

White kid with learning disability. White kid with no learning disability.

Everything else about them (socieconomic status, looks, connections) is the same.
No such thing as the "same". Are they twins? Then the one without the disability is better off.
10/15/2018 6:31 PM

CHEROKEE NATION FURIOUS WITH ELIZABETH WARREN

The Cherokee Nation on Monday afternoon called out Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) for attempting to claim Native American heritage by releasing the results of a DNA test.

The test, conducted by a Stanford University professor Carlos Bustamante, showed that Warren has a Native American ancestor going back six to 10 generations ago, making her somewhere between 1/32nd and 1/1,024th American Indian.

The Cherokee Nation in a statement said using a DNA test to claim connection with a tribal nation is “inappropriate” and “wrong.”

“Using a DNA test to lay claim to any connection to the Cherokee Nation or any tribal nation, even vaguely, is inappropriate and wrong,” said Cherokee Nation Secretary of State Chuck Hoskin Jr. “It makes a mockery out of DNA tests and its legitimate uses while also dishonoring legitimate tribal governments and their citizens, whose ancestors are well documented and whose heritage is proven.”

Hoskin accused Warren of “undermining tribal interests with her continued claims of tribal heritage.”

He argued that DNA tests fail to distinguish whether a person’s ancestors were indigenous to North or South America and noted that tribes set their own legal requirements for citizenship.

Warren claims to have Cherokee blood. The Cherokee Nation requires a person to have at least one ancestor listed on a federal census used to allot Cherokee land in the early 1900s known as the Dawes Final Rolls.

Unlike other tribes, the Cherokee Nation does not require a minimum blood quantum for citizenship.

Some advocates of Native American sovereignty argue that DNA testing is unreliable and point out that a DNA testing company in 2017 found that a pet Chihuahua had 20 percent indigenous ancestry.

Warren on Monday drew criticism from other indigenous activists.

“No native tribe acknowledges DNA testing as a source for citizenship or even claim to native heritage,” said Rebecca Nagle, an indigenous writer, organizer and citizen of the Cherokee Nation.

“She comes from a well-documented line of white people and so there is ample evidence that all of her ancestors are documented white people on the census rolls, by their marriage and birth and death certificates since going back before the Trail of Tears,” she added, referring to the forced migration of Native Americans to west of the Mississippi in the 1830s.

Nagle said many people who are non-Native have family stories about American Indian heritage “and the overwhelming amount of those stories are false and not based in identity but rather are based in a white entitlement to appropriate native land, native culture and native identity.”

10/15/2018 6:57 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 10/15/2018 6:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 10/15/2018 6:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 10/15/2018 6:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 10/15/2018 5:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 10/15/2018 4:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 10/15/2018 4:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 10/15/2018 4:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 10/15/2018 4:03:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 10/15/2018 3:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 10/15/2018 2:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 10/15/2018 2:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 10/15/2018 2:27:00 PM (view original):
If I have a household that contains four working adults and you have a household that contains two, should we try to compare household incomes?
100%

Because maybe the one with the 4 has to pay for childcare and has more expenses. Thank you finally admitting we should review everything on a case by case basis vs. your racist group think.

Progress...
Does the four working adult household have to pay for childcare?

And why wouldn't the two working adult household have to pay for childcare?

Wouldn't it be better to just compare individual income to individual income, instead of household, which can vary greatly in size and composition?
No. Because I may take a job making less for a better work/life balance because I have little kids. You may take one making more because your wife is home and you are the only wage earner. Case by case basis. Stats can be misleading.
So then we should ignore your stats on Asian median household income?
I never said ignore. But we should not base our entire thought process based on group stats. Everyone in America has equal rights and some start with some advantage and others with some disadvantage. The rest is up to the the individual.
Every American has equal rights under the law, but not every American has to overcome implicit bias because of the color of their skin.
No but they have to overcome other obstacles:
  1. Learning disability
  2. Too short
  3. Too fat
  4. Poor parents
  5. Poor connections
  6. Allergies
  7. Anxiety
  8. Fear of public speaking
  9. Too ugly
  10. Too frekled
NO ONE starts out on equal footing. We all start out with equal rights and then become the best we can. I met on Friday with a gentleman originally from India. He has been here for 30 years. First generation. Multi millionaire, built his own business. Started with nothing. Equal rights and he grabbed the bull by the horn. Sometimes privileged kids just have less of a work ethic and that is their disadvantage.
The point isn't that people don't have to over come things. The point is that if you take any two random people in the same situation:

black person with learning disability/white person with learning disability

black poor person/white poor person

black anxious person/white anxious person

The white person has a built in societal advantage over the black person.
Maybe or maybe not. No two situations are exactly alike. I hate Group Think.
No, definitely.

You just pointed out some obstacles. Who would you say is at an advantage between these two:

White kid with learning disability. White kid with no learning disability.

Everything else about them (socieconomic status, looks, connections) is the same.
No such thing as the "same". Are they twins? Then the one without the disability is better off.
So you can acknowledge that the person with the learning disability is at a disadvantage but you can't acknowledge that race is an advantage/disadvantage?
10/15/2018 7:18 PM
10/15/2018 7:23 PM
Posted by DougOut on 10/15/2018 7:23:00 PM (view original):
And SEVERAL dicks.
10/16/2018 7:31 AM
ELIZABETH WARREN is a 1% er. She's in the bottom 1% as of all Americans as far as Native American heritage.
10/16/2018 3:44 PM
rsp777 has been banned from the site. His above attack upon gay people has been noticed.

He seems to be the most bigoted and racist and hateful poster in this site we subscribe to.

I'm confused as to why he doesn't ply his hate over in the PIT.

The PIT was made and agreed upon for people to post nudes and use dirty words.

They said they were not represented in a free press and society. So WIFs went to great lengths to create a home.

THE PIT is the HOME for old bigots and racists and pervs. We expect them to stay in the old folks home we provide and pay for.

Unfortunately, rsp777 and some of the others have left the reservation. They are now attacking innocent men women and children. I suspect they assume we will say nothing and simply lay down. That was a mistake on their part. Let's move forward without the bigots and haters and get back to a more civilized conversation. One I suspect they will never win.
10/20/2018 5:19 PM
Posted by DougOut on 10/20/2018 5:19:00 PM (view original):
rsp777 has been banned from the site. His above attack upon gay people has been noticed.

He seems to be the most bigoted and racist and hateful poster in this site we subscribe to.

I'm confused as to why he doesn't ply his hate over in the PIT.

The PIT was made and agreed upon for people to post nudes and use dirty words.

They said they were not represented in a free press and society. So WIFs went to great lengths to create a home.

THE PIT is the HOME for old bigots and racists and pervs. We expect them to stay in the old folks home we provide and pay for.

Unfortunately, rsp777 and some of the others have left the reservation. They are now attacking innocent men women and children. I suspect they assume we will say nothing and simply lay down. That was a mistake on their part. Let's move forward without the bigots and haters and get back to a more civilized conversation. One I suspect they will never win.
1 - No I haven't
2 - I'm not bigoted whatsoever. That would be you.
3 - This is more fun.
4 - No it wasn't. Nobody "agreed" to anything.
5 - WIS didn't do anything but open a message board. Those are not "great lengths."
6 - You don't provide, nor pay, for anything here except the occasional team.
7 - You are NOT innocent. You are complicit. You are a part of the problem.

and...

You are decidedly NOT in charge of anything here and you are a LIAR.
10/28/2018 6:08 PM
◂ Prev 1...51|52|53
White Privilege Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.