White Privilege Topic

Posted by gomiami1972 on 8/28/2018 10:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 8/28/2018 5:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gomiami1972 on 8/28/2018 5:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by laramiebob on 8/28/2018 2:43:00 PM (view original):
So, Boris........... you want us to make a top 10 list for all white players?? Will that make you feel better? :-)
1. Jo Jo White
2. Hubie White
3. Jahadi White
4. James White
5. Rudy White
6. Randy White
7. D.J. White
8. Rodney White
9. Willie White
10. Andrew White (active)
did you drink the comedy juice, gomiami??? LOL
I'm finding heavy intellectual activity to be somewhat difficult for me while I'm undergoing treatment. In the mean time, I wanted to make at least make some sort of contribution.
better than most of the contributions here...including mine!
8/29/2018 12:26 PM
I can't believe this argument is still on-going.................

We even have a contributor espousing the concept that Blacks are better athletes because of slavery! And coerced and forced breeding of the slaves.
Which, I guess, means that Boris' claim about the NBA and blacks is easily explained........... The NBA (and the NFL) is chock FULL of descendants of the slaves whom the slave holders bred for strength and superiority. And not a daggone one of their descendants learned to ski or skate!! What a concept!

Akeem was an outlier!
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition............
WE may need it IF them "darkies" ever figure out that they is superior!
8/29/2018 1:40 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 8/29/2018 1:40:00 PM (view original):

We even have a contributor espousing the concept that Blacks are better athletes because of slavery! And coerced and forced breeding of the slaves.
Which, I guess, means that Boris' claim about the NBA and blacks is easily explained........... The NBA (and the NFL) is chock FULL of descendants of the slaves whom the slave holders bred for strength and superiority. And not a daggone one of their descendants learned to ski or skate!! What a concept!

Akeem was an outlier!
That was not my argument at all. You're conflating two different POVs.
8/29/2018 2:42 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 8/29/2018 12:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 8/28/2018 6:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 8/28/2018 6:49:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 8/28/2018 4:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 8/28/2018 2:51:00 PM (view original):
So, Boris........... you want us to make a top 10 list for all white players?? Will that make you feel better? :-)
No. I am Not sure why it is taboo to state that black players more often than not are better?
It’s not taboo to say the best players of all time were black. It’s dumb to say that blacks are inherently better at basketball.
Then explain why 75% of the NBA is black and there is not one white player in the top 20 currently. Explain why the top 30 NBA prospects are black?

Actually don't. You're an idiot. Only a moron could not see that blacks are better at hoops on average than whites.
Correlation isn’t causation.

Maybe elite black athletes tend to play basketball while elite white athletes play other sports.

Certain races aren’t inherently better athletes. Just like certain races aren’t inherently smarter or harder working.
I hate to admit it, but BL has a point here.
I 100% disagree.
8/29/2018 2:43 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 8/29/2018 1:40:00 PM (view original):

Akeem was an outlier!
So you disagree with and disregard American Historians? Some of them say breading was unusual and some say it was common-place, but all seem to agree it took place. Since you claim it didn't happen at all, please share where you're getting your knowledge. Encyclopedia B_L maybe? No facts in that either.
8/29/2018 2:51 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 8/29/2018 2:43:00 PM (view original):
No. I am Not sure why it is taboo to state that black players more often than not are better?
It’s not taboo to say the best players of all time were black. It’s dumb to say that blacks are inherently better at basketball.
Then explain why 75% of the NBA is black and there is not one white player in the top 20 currently. Explain why the top 30 NBA prospects are black?

Actually don't. You're an idiot. Only a moron could not see that blacks are better at hoops on average than whites.

Maybe elite black athletes tend to play basketball while elite white athletes play other sports.

Certain races aren’t inherently better athletes. Just like certain races aren’t inherently smarter or harder working.
I 100% disagree.
okay, we disagree. No big deal. I have no idea why the NBA and NFL have such high percentage of black players. It could be that blacks are just better at those sports, but it also could be other reasons.
8/29/2018 3:16 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 8/29/2018 3:16:00 PM (view original):

I 100% disagree.
okay, we disagree. No big deal. I have no idea why the NBA and NFL have such high percentage of black players. It could be that blacks are just better at those sports, but it also could be other reasons.
Agreed. But I think it is the former.
8/29/2018 3:25 PM
Why do Blacks like grape soda, menthol cigarettes,and yelling in movie theatres?
8/29/2018 3:52 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 8/29/2018 3:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 8/29/2018 3:16:00 PM (view original):

I 100% disagree.
Agreed. But I think it is the former.
What is the scientific explanation for black people being better at some sports but worse than others?

If it is breeding, then black people should make up at least half of the US soccer team, right?

If it is inherent, you gotta prove it.
8/29/2018 4:18 PM
I dont have to prove anything. If you cannot see by the empirical evidence then you just aren’t looking.
8/29/2018 4:51 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 8/29/2018 4:51:00 PM (view original):
I dont have to prove anything. If you cannot see by the empirical evidence then you just aren’t looking.
You are getting confused. We are not debating whether black people are more successful at basketball or football - they are. We are debating over whether that success is inherent to their race. You have to prove that their success is inherent.
8/29/2018 5:06 PM
"...Some of them say breading was unusual and some say it was common-place, but all seem to agree it took place. Since you claim it didn't happen at all,..."

I made no claim that slaves didn't breed. Nor did I dispute any historical allegation of selective breeding by some slave holders made here in this thread.........
I just pointed out the absurdity of the belief that blacks are somehow genetically engineered by past slave holders to be superior in physical strength and thus better athletes.
THAT notion is completely racist and stupid.
It also diminishes the physicality of blacks throughout the rest of the globe as well as denigrates the athletic ability of 1000's of athletes from all races all over the globe.
Humans of any race have the capacity to produce great athletes.
Great athletes require far more than just inherent strength and genetics.
The desire to be the best is what usually separates the great from just the good.
And desire is not a racial characteristic that you can selectively breed to obtain.

Also......... the prowess of blacks in the NBA and the NFL is a lame lame excuse for slavery---not to mention the selective breeding of HUMANS!
I think Hitler was working on that latter bit. Trying to create a super race.
Blue-eyed soulmates so to speak.
Boris's parents weren't a part of his vision though.

8/29/2018 5:34 PM
Posted by tangplay on 8/29/2018 5:06:00 PM (view original):
You are getting confused. We are not debating whether black people are more successful at basketball or football - they are. We are debating over whether that success is inherent to their race. You have to prove that their success is inherent.
Oh. I have no idea why they are more successful. I am Guessing it’s superior genetics.
8/29/2018 5:42 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 8/29/2018 5:34:00 PM (view original):
"...Some of them say breading was unusual and some say it was common-place, but all seem to agree it took place. Since you claim it didn't happen at all,..."

I made no claim that slaves didn't breed. Nor did I dispute any historical allegation of selective breeding by some slave holders made here in this thread.........
I just pointed out the absurdity of the belief that blacks are somehow genetically engineered by past slave holders to be superior in physical strength and thus better athletes.
THAT notion is completely racist and stupid.
It also diminishes the physicality of blacks throughout the rest of the globe as well as denigrates the athletic ability of 1000's of athletes from all races all over the globe.
Humans of any race have the capacity to produce great athletes.
Great athletes require far more than just inherent strength and genetics.
The desire to be the best is what usually separates the great from just the good.
And desire is not a racial characteristic that you can selectively breed to obtain.

Also......... the prowess of blacks in the NBA and the NFL is a lame lame excuse for slavery---not to mention the selective breeding of HUMANS!
I think Hitler was working on that latter bit. Trying to create a super race.
Blue-eyed soulmates so to speak.
Boris's parents weren't a part of his vision though.

You claim you're not disagreeing with Historians while continuing to do just that. Trying to make b_l proud of your double-talk, or just trying to babble yourself out of the hole you dug and I buried you in?
8/29/2018 5:50 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 8/29/2018 5:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 8/29/2018 5:06:00 PM (view original):
Oh. I have no idea why they are more successful. I am Guessing it’s superior genetics.
How would they have superior genetics? And if they did why is the US soccer team not filled with 5/6 black people?
8/29/2018 5:54 PM
◂ Prev 1...15|16|17|18|19...53 Next ▸
White Privilege Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.