Same Team Transformation League - new (FULL) Topic

Same Team Transformation Challenge

This League will last for 5 seasons. Please keep that in mind when joining. I think you will enjoy the challenge over all 5 seasons. Each season we will use the Standard WIS Format of 24 Teams with 6 divisions and 8 playoff teams.
$50 from administration will go to the 3 owners with the most wins over the 5 seasons. $25, $15, $10. (subject to enough owners staying).

Since the name of this Theme is "Same Team Transformation" we will all start with the same Team.
For version 1 we'll use the famous 1927 New York Yankees.
Hopefully this is popular enough we can run this theme multiple times starting with different teams.

For Season 1, the draft center will load 23 players from the '27 Yankees. You'll drop 3 players and add 5 to get your roster to 25. You can drop any 3 players you want. Each Season going forward you'll drop 5 more '27 Yankees. So, you'll have (20) 1927 Yankees for Season 1, (15) for Season 2, (10) for Season 3, (5) for Season 4, and (0) for Season 5. Once you drop players from the '27 Yankees you cannot bring those players back.

Each season the players you keep from the '27 Yankees must use their 1927 season. No Twisting.

Choosing your 5 Replacement Players:
1.Hitters can be anyone from the entire WIS database, but Pitchers can only come from 1926 to 2017, (No Deadballers).
2.Replacements can use any version to start but each season they must use a different version. So as an example, if you take Wade Boggs as a replacement, you can use his 1987 season only once, '88 season only once, '85 season only once, and so on....
3.Replacements are not Exclusive by season, however any replacement once selected cannot be selected again in future seasons. (Example: One or more owners take Wade Boggs in Season 1. If you didn't take him in Season 1 then you cannot choose him as a replacement in Seasons 2, 3, 4, or 5.) So it's pretty simple, if someone chooses a certain player and you didn't, then they are off-the-board to you for all Seasons going forward.
4.Players on the 1927 Yankees cannot be selected as replacements. So, if you drop Babe Ruth you can't pick him up as a replacement.

The Salary Cap will be $120M for all 5 seasons.
The 23 Yankees from 1927 total $110,239,849 so depending on which players you drop will determine how much $$$ you have for replacements.

No DH
No AAA
No WW
No Trades
No Clones
Injuries Off
League alignment will be random each season
Season 1 we'll all use Yankee Stadium I, the one the '27 Yankees played in. For Seasons 2-5 you can pick any Stadium you want.

Replacement owners for anyone who drops out will have the option to take over the abandon team as it is or they can change any or all of the replacement players that the previous owner took with players not already in the league.

In a nutshell, the challenge is to build the best 5 teams over 5 seasons using the same team to start with as everyone else. You can add 5 new players every season but those 5 new players must also use a different version every season. So, which season do you use when? If you don't take the 5 new players you want right away and someone else does, then they are unavailable to you for future seasons. Do the first 5 players you take need 5 good seasons? Maybe, maybe not, depending on how you plan to use them. When do you take a player that only has a couple good seasons? He may be gone if you wait. Who from the '27 Yankees will help you enough each year that you'd keep? Or maybe it's more likely that they won't hurt your team as much as help it. So, which ones do you drop? Are Gehrig and Ruth worth tying up salary cap space for? How long do you hang on to the '27 Yankee scrubs? Develop your strategy. Change it after season 1? Add a key player in Season 3. Build a juggernaut for season 4 or be a dynasty over all 5 seasons. It's up to you!
8/25/2018 11:02 AM (edited)
Owners list: bheid408; georgedeer; joerat1; dilligafdbp; Cicero; redcped; moses_k; elduro25; fatboydad54; jeff4noles; midknight; mensu1954; Jtpsops; blanco44; sappy; brucel; zephyr1949; benfc; 7stringplayr; northof49; Bradsher; jfranco77; razorclams;schwarze
10/20/2018 10:02 PM (edited)
Interesting. I'm in.
8/24/2018 11:43 PM
In
8/25/2018 6:07 AM
Ok...
8/25/2018 8:37 AM
I will join. To clarify, the three guys I drop in season 1 are gone for good, right? So I couldn't drop those 3 in season 1 but then bring them back and drop all different guys in season 2?
8/25/2018 8:55 AM
Posted by Cicero on 8/25/2018 8:55:00 AM (view original):
I will join. To clarify, the three guys I drop in season 1 are gone for good, right? So I couldn't drop those 3 in season 1 but then bring them back and drop all different guys in season 2?
That is correct. I will clarify that in the rules. Thanks!
8/25/2018 10:59 AM
This is such a different challenge, so I am in. So much for cutting back on multi-season league commitments, right?

I think after the third read-through, I've got the rules clicking. But just to be sure: Anyone we select as a replacement in Season 1 must remain one of our 25 for each successive season, but using five different years, correct? But all the '27 Yankees use that '27 season every time, right?
8/25/2018 3:01 PM
Posted by redcped on 8/25/2018 3:01:00 PM (view original):
This is such a different challenge, so I am in. So much for cutting back on multi-season league commitments, right?

I think after the third read-through, I've got the rules clicking. But just to be sure: Anyone we select as a replacement in Season 1 must remain one of our 25 for each successive season, but using five different years, correct? But all the '27 Yankees use that '27 season every time, right?
Yes, you got it!
8/26/2018 8:49 AM
we would like to join
8/28/2018 3:39 PM
Let's bump this up. Looks like a fun league that makes you think differently for sure.
9/1/2018 6:00 PM
Yeah this is great. Make it 8.
9/5/2018 10:03 AM
Give it another try in a month or so. Might attract some eyes then.
9/14/2018 7:21 PM
Count me in if you keep the sign ups going
9/15/2018 1:24 AM
I will join
9/15/2018 7:07 AM
1234 Next ▸
Same Team Transformation League - new (FULL) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.