anybody run triangle? Topic

My new team runs it and I've never tried it. Any advice?
9/7/2018 7:04 AM
I have played with it a little bit without much real success. My better seasons are when my bigs have decent to good passing
9/7/2018 8:16 AM
My interpretation, fwiw:

-emphasizes LP and PER a bit more than the others, especially motion and fastbreak. Related to that, de-emphasizes ath and spd.
-utilizes pass a bit more than the others, especially motion and fastbreak. Related to that, de-emphasizes BH.
-not penalized as much as other sets for having one main scorer (unless opponent double teams).
-works great with zone, which also (IMO) de-emphasizes ath and spd.
9/7/2018 2:09 PM
Good P/BH key. Also try to recruit PF with good PE and def SF. If I do take a PF with poor PE I try to make sure he can pass and at least rebound or play D, but a strong PE game can help. At least one super guard at PE set to plus 1 for 3’s is a thought. Strong SF are usually easy to find but my theory has always been 4 guys on the floor that can shoot. Serviceable C. Also consider 3 guards if you like with one at the 3 spot, or W 2 guards 2 SF, any combo is usually safe. Also consider super sub at SF to pick up the shooting slack when subbing starters. There are more complex theories of course and I’m sure this applies to the other offenses as well, but this simple formula has always worked pretty well for me. Look at my LA roster.
9/7/2018 2:53 PM
I run a lot of triangle. Like shoe said, the basketball skills (LP, PER, BH*, PASS) are valued more than the athlete skills (ATH/SPD).

The biggest difference I've noticed is DISTRO. When I run triangle my distro is usually something like 10,8,5,1,1 (or zero zero) for my starters. You really can feed your stars and also recruit defensive studs with limited offensive skills (although PASS is important for non-scorers).
9/7/2018 2:59 PM
Great info guys! Thanks for taking the time to help me.
9/7/2018 8:45 PM
The consensus is Pass as a top priority for Triangle O.

What do y’all consider the top priorities for players in Motion? And in Flex?
9/8/2018 1:49 AM
Posted by craigaltonw on 9/8/2018 1:49:00 AM (view original):
The consensus is Pass as a top priority for Triangle O.

What do y’all consider the top priorities for players in Motion? And in Flex?
I think of it like how the player roles are set up, if you use them. Your evaluation is based on how you have the attributes weighted. It’s never like an attribute doesn’t matter, or is absolutely vital; some are just weighted a little more or less, depending on the set you use.

Its simplistic, speculative, and subject to confirmation bias, but I think of the offensive sets ranked in terms of where they fall in weighting two separate dichotomies; conditioning (ath/spd) vs scoring (LP/PER), and ball-handling vs pass. My opinion is the triangle and fastbreak occupy the opposing extremes. Triangle is highest on scoring and pass, FB is highest on conditioning and ballhandling. Flex and motion fall in the middle, in my thinking, with flex being closer to triangle, and motion leaning toward fastbreak.
9/8/2018 9:41 AM
anybody run triangle? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.