Its All Trumps Fault Topic

Posted by wylie715 on 9/20/2018 2:18:00 PM (view original):
My preaching is tiring? Your constant complaining about the Palestinian flag at the DNC is tiring.
You have constantly told us what Linda Sasour belives and what she was promoting when she flew the flag the the DNC. So, you have said you know what they (or at least she) believe.
I have relatives and friends who are teachers and not one of them preaches about white privilege. I do feel sorry for those that are less fortunate than me.
I am bringing up my kids how I like, and with what I think are the correct morals and sensabilities. Does that mean they will be exactly what I wish them to be? Of course not. They have their own minds and will end up making their own decisions. I just try to give them as much information before they make those decisions and hope they make good ones. You, have often said how your daughters can marry whoever they want as long as they don't marry a Muslim. You do realize they will marry who they want regardless of how you fell about it, right?

So, FU. At least I've never called you a traitor or an idiot because we don't agree on very much, if anything. If I have called you an idiot it is for being a Red Sox fan, and you deserve it for that!
I said they can marry anyone they want as long as they are not a Yankees fan. Find the post where I said "Muslim". I complain because liberal ******** like you turn a blind eye to bigots and complain about bullshit inequalities. You are a traitor IMO. What can I tell you?

Actually I take it back. They cannot marry a Muslim. That ideology is not on the same page as how my wife and I raise them. So I never said it before, I am saying it now. Over my dead body.
9/20/2018 2:25 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 9/20/2018 2:20:00 PM (view original):
Your constant reminder that you are the son of immigrants and nothing was handed to you is also pretty tiring. We know, and you should be proud of what you have accomplished, but not everyone is you, or has your drive to succeed. It has nothing to do with being Jewish.
Maybe if free stuff wasn't handed to them they would be. You worked a lot of late nights driving a limo. Maybe those "disabled" persons could do the same.
9/20/2018 2:26 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 9/20/2018 2:25:00 PM (view original):
My preaching is tiring? Your constant complaining about the Palestinian flag at the DNC is tiring.
You have constantly told us what Linda Sasour belives and what she was promoting when she flew the flag the the DNC. So, you have said you know what they (or at least she) believe.
I have relatives and friends who are teachers and not one of them preaches about white privilege. I do feel sorry for those that are less fortunate than me.
I am bringing up my kids how I like, and with what I think are the correct morals and sensabilities. Does that mean they will be exactly what I wish them to be? Of course not. They have their own minds and will end up making their own decisions. I just try to give them as much information before they make those decisions and hope they make good ones. You, have often said how your daughters can marry whoever they want as long as they don't marry a Muslim. You do realize they will marry who they want regardless of how you fell about it, right?

So, FU. At least I've never called you a traitor or an idiot because we don't agree on very much, if anything. If I have called you an idiot it is for being a Red Sox fan, and you deserve it for that!
I said they can marry anyone they want as long as they are not a Yankees fan. Find the post where I said "Muslim". I complain because liberal ******** like you turn a blind eye to bigots and complain about bullshit inequalities. You are a traitor IMO. What can I tell you?

Actually I take it back. They cannot marry a Muslim. That ideology is not on the same page as how my wife and I raise them. So I never said it before, I am saying it now. Over my dead body.
Boris, Take it from me. Personal experience. VERY personal experience. Your daughters will marry whoever they choose to marry. If you object to their choice, they will leave you behind and marry anyway. You MAY never see them again.

I know. I objected. I haven't seen my daughter since............over 2 years.
They become adults............ we parents have no power and very little say so or influence.
You won't be ABLE to stop her, and anything you try (to stop her) will just make matters greatly worse.

You will end up like me. An old white angry alone guy.
9/20/2018 2:38 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 9/20/2018 2:38:00 PM (view original):

Boris, Take it from me. Personal experience. VERY personal experience. Your daughters will marry whoever they choose to marry. If you object to their choice, they will leave you behind and marry anyway. You MAY never see them again.

I know. I objected. I haven't seen my daughter since............over 2 years.
They become adults............ we parents have no power and very little say so or influence.
You won't be ABLE to stop her, and anything you try (to stop her) will just make matters greatly worse.

You will end up like me. An old white angry alone guy.
I appreciate you sharing this. May I ask why you objected? Believe it or not my daughters (albeit young) are less open minded than I am so we'll see as my opinion may change. Oh and wylie is a traitor. :)

He he he he
9/20/2018 2:41 PM
I objected to the "partner" chosen. Thus, my daughter decided not to come around because the "partner" wasn't welcome.

The real question is (and I don't claim to KNOW the answer) does a Parent have the right to disapprove of a child's choice of spouse, and if so, do you just keep the truth/objection secret or do you honestly express yourself?

I chose the latter. Forcefully and angrily, feeling betrayed and shocked, and greatly disappointed.
I suppose I had the right. I question whether it was smart.

Adult children have their right to make their choices. They often choose in direct response to YOUR choice.
I made my choice, it led to her choice to move on..............

There's an old song (Danny O'Keefe circa 1974).............. it's called (The) Runaway
In it are these lines:
"... We're a nation of strangers, Most of us blind
Our children will lead us, Or leave us behind When they run away
They don't want to leave, But they don't want to stay
So they run away, Yes they run away - from home"

I've known the song well for decades. Recently I learned WE can be the cause of our OWN runaways.
I don't listen to the song anymore.

9/20/2018 3:21 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 9/20/2018 3:21:00 PM (view original):
I objected to the "partner" chosen. Thus, my daughter decided not to come around because the "partner" wasn't welcome.

The real question is (and I don't claim to KNOW the answer) does a Parent have the right to disapprove of a child's choice of spouse, and if so, do you just keep the truth/objection secret or do you honestly express yourself?

I chose the latter. Forcefully and angrily, feeling betrayed and shocked, and greatly disappointed.
I suppose I had the right. I question whether it was smart.

Adult children have their right to make their choices. They often choose in direct response to YOUR choice.
I made my choice, it led to her choice to move on..............

There's an old song (Danny O'Keefe circa 1974).............. it's called (The) Runaway
In it are these lines:
"... We're a nation of strangers, Most of us blind
Our children will lead us, Or leave us behind When they run away
They don't want to leave, But they don't want to stay
So they run away, Yes they run away - from home"

I've known the song well for decades. Recently I learned WE can be the cause of our OWN runaways.
I don't listen to the song anymore.

I think that is 100% personal choice. My kids are very close with my parents and understand the hardships they went through as Jews and immigrants. How it plays out for them as they enter adulthood IDK but I hope they make good choices. That being said, "good choices" is subjective. If they choose to **** me off and marry someone who I think is terrible for them then they reap what they sow and we will not speak. It is my job as an adult and a parent to mold them to be responsible adults...and think how I think (I kid). Sort off.

9/20/2018 3:29 PM

Now there's something we can all get behind. Please have your daughter visit Dearborn, Michigan. You wouldn't survive driving down the block with that attitude and I doubt you have any idea what it is like living near the highest concentration of Muslims in the United States. Muslims are people too. And you're a racist, so here's to your daughter meeting somebody soon. Cheers!
9/20/2018 4:37 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 9/20/2018 2:26:00 PM (view original):
Your constant reminder that you are the son of immigrants and nothing was handed to you is also pretty tiring. We know, and you should be proud of what you have accomplished, but not everyone is you, or has your drive to succeed. It has nothing to do with being Jewish.
Maybe if free stuff wasn't handed to them they would be. You worked a lot of late nights driving a limo. Maybe those "disabled" persons could do the same.
Here's where you're really a dick. I worked my *** off my entire life. Same job in the public service sector for 27 years. Now in my later years I am, in fact, retired and disabled. Permanantly. Spinal fusion surgery, both knees to be replaced, major shoulder surgery and a cancer survivor. You tell me about how much of an "entitlement" my social security check is and I will hunt you the **** down and show you the inside of a box. You have no ******* clue. You are not smart nor are you and your opinions valid. You are a mouthy ******* keyboard warrior and a troll. You are a straight-up ******* who has no real life concept of what it's like to be poor, disabled, physically or mentally ill. I live it. **** Off.
9/20/2018 4:49 PM (edited)
Posted by rsp777 on 9/20/2018 4:37:00 PM (view original):

Now there's something we can all get behind. Please have your daughter visit Dearborn, Michigan. You wouldn't survive driving down the block with that attitude and I doubt you have any idea what it is like living near the highest concentration of Muslims in the United States. Muslims are people too. And you're a racist, so here's to your daughter meeting somebody soon. Cheers!
Islam is not a race. How am I a racist?
9/20/2018 4:49 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 9/20/2018 4:49:00 PM (view original):

So, to be even ******* stupider you decide to double-down. Alright, I'll bite. How about...You're a ******* religious theology driven moron who cannot accept that there are other faiths in the world and that you might just be wrong. Enjoy that when you keel over after your daughter meets a Muslim.
9/20/2018 4:52 PM
Posted by rsp777 on 9/20/2018 4:49:00 PM (view original):
Here's where you're really a dick. I worked my *** off my entire life. Same job in the public service sector for 27 years. Now in my later years I am, in fact, retired and disabled. Permanantly. Spinal fusion surgery, both knees to be replaced, major shoulder surgery and a cancer survivor. You tell me about how much of an "entitlement" my social security check is and I will hunt you the **** down and show you the inside of a box. You have no ******* clue. You are not smart nor are you and your opinions valid. You are a mouthy ******* keyboard warrior and a troll. You are a straight-up ******* who has no real life concept of what it's like to be poor, disabled, physically or mentally ill. I live it. **** Off.
Please do. Please hunt me down. You jumped into a conversation and misconstrued it. My point is not people like you. Who worked hard and are now disabled. My point are young people who are healthy but game the system and cry disability. I honor persons like yourself who contributed to society. People who got into an auto accident at 25 and are fine but play the game that their neck hurts and they cannot work and game the system.

Now that aside. Your threats are meaningless to me. I have had my life threatened, my parents lives threatened by persons much tougher than you. I say bring it. Tell me when you're next in Boston. I'll gladly come down and meet you face to face. LOL. Practice what you preach or STFU.
9/20/2018 4:52 PM
Posted by rsp777 on 9/20/2018 4:52:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 9/20/2018 4:49:00 PM (view original):

So, to be even ******* stupider you decide to double-down. Alright, I'll bite. How about...You're a ******* religious theology driven moron who cannot accept that there are other faiths in the world and that you might just be wrong. Enjoy that when you keel over after your daughter meets a Muslim.
I never said faith. I said ideology where women are treated as 2nd class citizens. For a woman to marry a Muslim she has to convert to Islam. There are 1.8Bn Muslims in the world and ~16million Jews. For my kids to marry someone of that ideology/faith they would have to leave Judaism. While I am not religious I honor those who served and died in WWII and those who lived. I believe it is imperative for them to maintain their Jewish roots, even if symbolically.

You don't like it? I don't care. I am not against people who are Muslim. I just don't want my kids marrying one. Don't care if your kids do. Would you rather me lie to you or to wylie and say otherwise? I am just being honest. If I keel over that is perfectly fine. I am accept my fate as such.
9/20/2018 4:55 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 9/20/2018 4:52:00 PM (view original):
Please do. Please hunt me down. You jumped into a conversation and misconstrued it. My point is not people like you. Who worked hard and are now disabled. My point are young people who are healthy but game the system and cry disability. I honor persons like yourself who contributed to society. People who got into an auto accident at 25 and are fine but play the game that their neck hurts and they cannot work and game the system.

Now that aside. Your threats are meaningless to me. I have had my life threatened, my parents lives threatened by persons much tougher than you. I say bring it. Tell me when you're next in Boston. I'll gladly come down and meet you face to face. LOL. Practice what you preach or STFU.
So is Social Security an entitlement to you or not? Make up your ******* mind.
9/20/2018 4:55 PM
Posted by rsp777 on 9/20/2018 4:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 9/20/2018 4:52:00 PM (view original):

So is Social Security an entitlement to you or not? Make up your ******* mind.
100%. We need to raise the retirement age or it goes bankrupt in ~15 years. Do the math. Hey it impacts me too and I 100% willing to retire later, even at 75 if I have to.
9/20/2018 4:57 PM
**** You. I PAID into Social Security for nearly 35 years. It's MY ******* MONEY. What don't you understand about that?
9/20/2018 5:35 PM
◂ Prev 1...18|19|20|21|22...28 Next ▸
Its All Trumps Fault Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.