Looks like he has a hard time making adjustments Topic

I can't seem to find what the potential is for this scouting report " Looks like he has a hard time making adjustments "

Would that be a 1 ?

Edit: or is this report ? " He's got the work ethic to make strides as an athlete. " = 2 ?

Edit 2: Another one I am not familiar with " Probably won't see huge improvements in his game during college " = 1 ?
9/17/2018 9:50 AM (edited)
my guess the first speaks to his smarts (GI and/or GPA), the second to his WE, and the third to his POT

the first two you can look at his numbers and see if you agree

the third i would put at a 2ish
9/17/2018 10:56 AM
I have all those as 2 or average potential
9/17/2018 11:44 AM
Are you looking at the right sentence? For example, for an assistant sctouting report such as this one:

I just got back from my trip to see Ryan Scott. Overall, I'd say that he will probably find a spot at a D-IA program. Here's a quick overview of what I saw:

He's got the potential to improve his game a lot over 4 years with us.
I can't say much about his willingness to keep working hard, Coach. It's just not all there.
He'll protect our man back there, Coach.
Good footwork and positioning.

The only sentence that means anything is the first one: "He's got the potential to improve his game a lot over 4 years with us." That is a potential 3. The next sentence even seems to contradict the first one. But this sentence is just BS, so don't even pay any attention to it. Only the first line matters.
9/17/2018 11:45 AM
Your notes were kind of sparse on your scouting trip for Jerry Barry. Looking at what I have here, he'll make a solid D-IA player. You kind of glossed over the particulars about his skills, but it shouldn't be a problem. We have all his numbers.
You did take a good hard look at the intangibles that he brings with him:

Probably won't see huge improvements in his game during college.
................................................................................................................
Your notes were kind of sparse on your scouting trip for Timothy Wagner. Looking at what I have here, he's a D-IA talent all the way. You kind of glossed over the particulars about his skills, but it shouldn't be a problem. We have all his numbers.
You did take a good hard look at the intangibles that he brings with him:

Looks like he has a hard time making adjustments.
9/17/2018 1:28 PM
I'd fire the head coach for being sparse in the notes so that there were no inconsistencies in writing scouting reports.
9/17/2018 1:32 PM
He's a pot 2. - average player

9/17/2018 1:43 PM
Posted by bugeaters11 on 9/17/2018 1:43:00 PM (view original):
He's a pot 2. - average player

Thanks. How about the 2nd player. Also a 2 ?
9/17/2018 1:57 PM
Both are 2s.
9/17/2018 2:33 PM
Posted by bjschumacher on 9/17/2018 11:45:00 AM (view original):
Are you looking at the right sentence? For example, for an assistant sctouting report such as this one:

I just got back from my trip to see Ryan Scott. Overall, I'd say that he will probably find a spot at a D-IA program. Here's a quick overview of what I saw:

He's got the potential to improve his game a lot over 4 years with us.
I can't say much about his willingness to keep working hard, Coach. It's just not all there.
He'll protect our man back there, Coach.
Good footwork and positioning.

The only sentence that means anything is the first one: "He's got the potential to improve his game a lot over 4 years with us." That is a potential 3. The next sentence even seems to contradict the first one. But this sentence is just BS, so don't even pay any attention to it. Only the first line matters.
The only sentence that means anything regarding potential is the first one

The next sentence addresses his WE in words instead of numbers
9/17/2018 3:05 PM
Always have kept this around and there are previous posts, but here's the breakdown:

Great potential (you will see very few of these over your career)
1. Sky's the limit (in the AC scouting rreport)
2. Incredible upside potential (in the AC scouting rreport)
3. A truly gifted athlete (in the HC scouting report)
4. Tremendous potential – he could be a star
5. World of Potential huge upside
6. A Very special player.

Good potential (this is your bread and butter)
1. Above average potential (in the HC scouting report)
2. He's got the potential to improve his game a lot over 4 years with us. (in the AC scouting report)
3. I'm sure that your guys took some good notes about my game, and recognized that I have an amazing upside to my game. (message from recruit)
4. Upside is my middle name (message from recruit)
5. "With your coaching..." (from AC scouting report)
6. "room to grow".
7. "With a little work, he could be a very good player" (from HC scouting report)
8. "Good potential for improvement" (from the HC scouting report)
9. "He's not the most gifted athlete . . . but not bad at all." (from the HC scouting report).

Average potential:
1. Looks like he has a hard time making adjustments. (from the HC scouting report)
2. He's made good strides towards reaching his potential over the past couple years. (from the HC scouting report)
3. I think his growth potential is pretty average - nothing special. (from the AC scouting report)
4. My motor never stops running (message from recruit)
5. I give 110% out there (message from recruit)
6. I'm sure that your guys took some good notes about my game, and recognized that I've worked really hard and lived up to my potential. (message from recruit)
7. "Some room for improvement, but not much." (from HC scouting report)
8. "Probably won't see huge improvements." (from HC scouting report)
9. "He seems slow to pick things up in practice." (from HC scouting report)

Low potential
1. "he's worked really hard in high school and has about reached his potential (from AC scouting report)
2. "tapped out" (from AC or HC scouting report, I forget which -- it's been a while since I've seen this message).
9/17/2018 5:54 PM
All 3 suck in potential. unless their attributes are off the charts , look for someone else.
9/17/2018 10:13 PM
Posted by mojolad on 9/17/2018 10:13:00 PM (view original):
All 3 suck in potential. unless their attributes are off the charts , look for someone else.
Completely different recruiting in Div 1A as compared to Div 2 mojo, especially when you are at a remote non elite school.
9/17/2018 11:30 PM
Absolutely Realist. I realize that. And I was speaking from perspective of D2.
9/18/2018 2:57 AM
Looks like he has a hard time making adjustments Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.