Played for rivals Topic

Over the weekend I was watching a game and hear the announcers talking about players that had played for both the Red Sox and Yankees. Obviously, Babe Ruth was mentioned immediately and one of the most famous. I started putting together a team of players and thought if this would work as a theme league.

Some key players that played for both the Red Sox and Yankees:

John Olerud
Wade Boggs
Kevin Youkilis
Rickey Henderson
Johnny Damon
Jacoby Ellsbury
Jose Canseco
Roger Clemens
David Wells
Luis Tiant
Andrew Miller
Lee Smith

Anybody that I missed? What do you guys think about including other combinations like Mets-Yankees, Mets-Dodgers, Giants-A's, etc?
9/17/2018 7:39 PM
Elston Howard...
9/17/2018 9:44 PM
Butch Hobson, sparky Lyle and Danny Cater off the top of my head...and I think Jackie Jensen too...
9/17/2018 9:47 PM
Elduro25 has a very cool theme in the classifieds right now, called Pentagon of Doom, that uses this idea. We still need a few owners to join...
9/17/2018 9:58 PM
Posted by contrarian23 on 9/17/2018 9:55:00 PM (view original):
https://www.baseball-reference.com/friv/multifranchise.cgi?level=franch&t1=BOS&t2=NYY&t3=--&t4=--
Thanks for the link that makes research much easier! Red Sox-Yankees have a great bullpen! Forgot about Tom Gordon.
9/17/2018 11:51 PM
Posted by contrarian23 on 9/17/2018 9:58:00 PM (view original):
Elduro25 has a very cool theme in the classifieds right now, called Pentagon of Doom, that uses this idea. We still need a few owners to join...
Saw the forum thread and it is kind of similar. I was thinking of having more strict roster requirements like only using players that played for both the Red Sox and Yankees.
9/22/2018 6:22 PM
Played for rivals Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.