Is Beating a SIM in recruiting possible? Topic

Signings have started and I have a recruit leaning to me instead of a SIM. Is there any chance the SIM is out of money, or am I definitely going to lose? Anybody ever won a recruiting battle with a sim?
10/16/2018 12:51 PM
SIMs never run out of money. But if you have bumped off the SIMs and the recruit is green for you, the SIM will not try to come back and outbid you. The SIM will only keep trying to bid on him if the recruit is still yellow. Usually with yellow recruits the SIM will eventually get the recruit to lean its way. But occasionally I have ended up signing the recruit if the SIM filled all of its scholarships with other players before he got my recruit to turn.
10/16/2018 1:19 PM (edited)
I have won plenty of battles with SIMs. If you send 2 or likely 3 AC visits it should knock the sim out of the running. If you just let the sim hang around they will cost a bunch of money.
10/16/2018 4:38 PM
If signings have started and you have had the message that he’s leaning to you - sit back and roll a fat one, he’s coming to you.
10/16/2018 6:24 PM
Posted by polarsi on 10/16/2018 6:24:00 PM (view original):
If signings have started and you have had the message that he’s leaning to you - sit back and roll a fat one, he’s coming to you.
That's the answer I was looking for :) Hope you're right!
10/16/2018 8:07 PM
Um.....if the recruit is yellow and considering you and the Simai school.......the simai will continue to put effort into the recruit and may flip him.
10/17/2018 3:59 PM
Posted by sportsdouche on 10/16/2018 8:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by polarsi on 10/16/2018 6:24:00 PM (view original):
That's the answer I was looking for :) Hope you're right!
Might be the answer that you wanted to hear, but it's not completely accurate.

He might commit to your school, but you need to continue to outpace the SIM's spending.
10/18/2018 9:16 PM
So frustrating! It looked like I had him, then two full days after signings started, the SIM flipped him. Oh well...
10/19/2018 11:44 AM
Posted by superv97 on 10/17/2018 3:59:00 PM (view original):
Um.....if the recruit is yellow and considering you and the Simai school.......the simai will continue to put effort into the recruit and may flip him.
Agreed. Best way to knock off sims is to go hard and early. I view battling sims totally opposite than humans. I don’t know if it’s accurate but this is my theory: Sims have infinite money. If you don’t knock them off early, you will lose.
10/19/2018 2:06 PM
Well I've been playing for 300 plus seasons and I've NEVER had s SIM come back at me after sign ups start if the message indicates that a player is leaning towards me (i.e that I'm winning the battle)?
10/19/2018 3:31 PM
Huh? Polarsi, I think you're confused. It happens all the time. It's the norm.
10/19/2018 5:09 PM
For the record, I’m talking about knocking them off completely and the recruit being green to me.

From what i understand, if the recruit is yellow, they will come back and outspend you unless you drop an exorbitant amount of $$ late in the game.
10/19/2018 6:50 PM
Once I was yellow with another human coach and he signed all his scholarships. So, I sat back and waited to sign the recruit the next cycle. Next cycle came up and to my surprise I was yellow with a SIM. Guessing it was just a One Off. I've never seen it again.
10/19/2018 9:33 PM
Posted by zach1442 on 10/19/2018 9:33:00 PM (view original):
Once I was yellow with another human coach and he signed all his scholarships. So, I sat back and waited to sign the recruit the next cycle. Next cycle came up and to my surprise I was yellow with a SIM. Guessing it was just a One Off. I've never seen it again.
Was that SIM there at the beginning of recruiting?
10/20/2018 9:52 AM
i wonder if the differences in opinion and/or experience expressed here are due to differences in recruiting technique

i recruited, i hated it, i hired/teamedupwith a recruiter

so four guys i have watched recruit for my school, they all do it different

10/20/2018 10:38 AM
12 Next ▸
Is Beating a SIM in recruiting possible? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.