25 Round Silent Auction w/ Blacklist -Waitlisting Topic

Questiom. I understand that if two or more players select a player they are blacklisted for all rounds but what about someone who only gets claimed by one person. Is that player not available in all future rounds? Example: If I am lucky enough to claim Babe Ruth with no one else claiming him in Round 1 he is on my roster, but can he be claimed by another user in a future round or is he exclusively mine? I might have missed this in the instructions so my apologies.
10/17/2018 10:57 AM
Posted by mllama54 on 10/17/2018 10:57:00 AM (view original):
Questiom. I understand that if two or more players select a player they are blacklisted for all rounds but what about someone who only gets claimed by one person. Is that player not available in all future rounds? Example: If I am lucky enough to claim Babe Ruth with no one else claiming him in Round 1 he is on my roster, but can he be claimed by another user in a future round or is he exclusively mine? I might have missed this in the instructions so my apologies.
Players are exclusive, so if you get the Babe in round 1, nobody else can have him. I will clarify this in the rules, thank you!
10/17/2018 11:07 AM
I'll play. It's 25 rounds of the prisoner's dilemma, basically.
10/17/2018 11:40 AM
Posted by redcped on 10/17/2018 11:40:00 AM (view original):
I'll play. It's 25 rounds of the prisoner's dilemma, basically.
Exactly!
10/17/2018 12:00 PM
I'll give this a shot
10/17/2018 12:07 PM
In
10/17/2018 1:31 PM
Damn, I have no idea what the correct strategy is.

Do I try to grab a stud SP like Maddux, Pedro or Walter? Many others will certainly try to sneak one of these guys through.

Do I try to go position scarcity? Maybe Hornsby, Lajoie, H.Jennings or K.Kelly? But those who decide everybody else is going SP, will try this strategy too.

Crap, maybe I should just go with a stud like Ruth or Cobb. But that's too obvious. Surely, at least one other person will try this.

Ahh, I got it. Let's grab a stud lower-IP pitcher like Chamberlain. Ooops... now that I wrote this, others may think the same thing.

Damn it, this is hard!
10/17/2018 1:36 PM
OK, me too.
10/17/2018 1:36 PM
This reminds me of the Pick 6 league, which was a very fun draft. You definitely need a little luck. Chances are over the course of the draft you'll get a few guys you thought you never would and it will even out. Or you can steer clear of cookies altogether and get who you want and can be happy with, then hope they're good enough.
10/17/2018 1:46 PM
I feel like luck plays big into it in the early rounds. I think everyone will try to draft the most "obscure" stud they can...it's just a question of if anyone is thinking along the same lines.
10/17/2018 2:43 PM
There will be a few high cap cookies that fall through the cracks, especially in the early rounds. There are a ton of good players to build a high cap team...
10/17/2018 3:06 PM
There is a luck component but there are some clear strategies. It's just a matter of understanding your competition and which strategic camp each of them falls into.

With that said, I'll probably end up with Masahiro Tanaka as a SP and lose 100 games.
10/17/2018 3:12 PM
Put me in coach, I am ready to play.
10/17/2018 3:45 PM
Okay, I'll play.

Even though cheating could be rampant in this one.

10/17/2018 4:16 PM
It's possible, but I feel like we have a lot of good, competitive owners who enjoy the strategy aspect too much to collude with each other.
10/17/2018 4:23 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
25 Round Silent Auction w/ Blacklist -Waitlisting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.