[CANCELED] Increasing Salary Draft, 2018 Topic

My two cents.

I have been extremely busy which is why I almost didn't play this year and why I didn't do this draft (I normally love drafts). I haven't really been following things very closely, and in fact didn't even know about the controversy until I got ozomatli's sitemail.

I didn't go back and read every post, but from what I have read, I believe ozo's decision to scrap this and do something else is the right decision. I know it sucks for those that spent hours researching and preparing, but this is the best decision for the integrity of the tournament.

I believe once round 2 gets underway, everybody will focus on their teams, and this debacle will fade into a distant memory.
11/12/2018 11:12 AM
This theme could've worked with a 300k exemption, or a $1M exemption. Start over any time but only draft players under a specified amount.
11/12/2018 12:41 PM
I liked buddha's idea. Once someone crashes, they are excluded from the draft, and can only draft players remaining after everyone else gets their picks. But this would work too. I agree the penalties were too high.
11/12/2018 12:57 PM
I would just draft some premier players, crash, then wait for the draft to end and fill my roster.
11/12/2018 1:07 PM
This is officially canceled. Not everyone wants to play if it is not part of the WISC. I'll be posting the new high cap theme this afternoon.
11/12/2018 1:11 PM
my belated 2 cents: I thought the draft was pretty fascinating, but obviously heading towards disaster from pretty early on. I was looking forward to seeing how it all would turn out nevertheless and discovering how much of a dismal failure the ultraconservative drafting strategy would end up being. (I was actually kind of optimistic!)

to me, the biggest problem (apart from the trades, which I agree were a mistake) was the $255M cap - if there were at least some salary concerns (as you'd get at $140M or even $180M), I think it would've made the decision about when to start ramping up salaries much more interesting, and would've kept the player base wider for longer.

it's wild to me though that some folks think the penalties were too high though. lower penalties just would've accelerated the spiral.
11/12/2018 2:01 PM
I like drafts. To lose a draft is a bummer. I wish we could replace this failed draft with a new draft. Then it would be a draft. And I would be drafting. And that's the kind of stuff I like. Drafts.
11/12/2018 2:11 PM
Posted by dippedncrack on 11/12/2018 2:11:00 PM (view original):
I like drafts. To lose a draft is a bummer. I wish we could replace this failed draft with a new draft. Then it would be a draft. And I would be drafting. And that's the kind of stuff I like. Drafts.
This could be one of those SAT questions everyone loves

dippedncrack:drafts::Brett Kavanaugh:beer
11/12/2018 5:16 PM
◂ Prev 1...54|55|56
[CANCELED] Increasing Salary Draft, 2018 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.