I have a LB that was promised a starting spot this season. The first game I had him as my #3 OLB and my #3 ILB, thinking he would get enough PT as a backup to qualify. After the 1st game, he only had 11% PT and no start. He didn't start whining at that point. For the 2nd game, I moved him from my #3 to my #2 ILB to make sure he got the start. After the 2nd game, he complained about not starting. When I checked the box score, my #3 ILB was getting the start instead of my #2. Has anyone else seen this?
10/24/2018 6:29 PM
I don't think it's a glitch. Two things to check:
1. What defensive formations do you use? Some formations only use 2 linebackers.
2. Where do you have him in your base LB depth chart? You said you have him #2/#3 in OLB and ILB, but what about at LB? Some of your formations might be using just the base LB instead of OLB and ILB.

It's always important to check to make sure your depth charts, formations, and playbooks all jive with what you want to do.
10/24/2018 7:29 PM
Looks like you run a 43/N/D. JMO, but making him #2 ILB isn't going to get him much playing time. If you leave him at #2, you'll need to adjust sub % of the #1 guy to 90% - 95% (probably same with OLBs if you leave him #3). Also, make sure your 43 says ILB and OLB.

The N/D only use 2 LBs (I always put my N LBs in the LB User 1 depth chart and then place User 1 in the formation). Sorry for basically restating what bjschuacher said above, just trying to help.
10/24/2018 9:12 PM
Excellent points by bjscumacher and probably the root cause. I checked your game summaries and if it's the LB I think it is, he wasn't starting at all anywhere on any series in that first game. Looks like you're running 4-3 and Nickel (to the point above, only 2 LBs on the field in Nickel). One other thing you might want to do is adjust the substitution level (Sub Level) higher for your 3rd LB (and 2nd in Nickel) so you can bring that back up in more regularly, if you aren't comfortable making him the starter. Also, plug him in as a definite starter for one half and then scale back his playing time in the second half. Should get him the playing time he needs.

One other thing I'd say is that I feel like players who got promised starts didn't complain as quickly in the past. Like it took at least 3-4 games for them to get upset. Maybe I'm wrong on that but now they get upset by the second game, which I think is way too early. But anyway, it is what it is.
10/24/2018 9:22 PM
It was the LB depth chart. I changed the ILB and OLB to account for it, but I had a couple of formations left over from DIII that were still designated as LB. Updated now; problem should be solved. Thanks, guys!
10/24/2018 10:53 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.