One of the best concerts I have ever gone to was, and we haven't really talked about this genre of music much at all, was Earth, Wind and Fire many decades ago.

Other groups that were good in concert were Rush and U2.
11/18/2018 12:34 PM
even though i do not consider him a top tier recording artist after the harry met sally album and his other great early album i saw harry connick jr and it was a fabulous and charismatic show.
11/18/2018 12:55 PM
I saw Fleetwood Mac last night. Incredible show. Tight as hell. Gold Dust Woman was mind blowing and the Freefalling tribute to Tom Petty killed it.
11/18/2018 1:06 PM
Best show I ever saw was Tool at the Gorge in Washington in 2006.

too many honorable mentions to list. U2 as others have said had a few of them. Oingo Boingo, Nirvana, The police, beastie boys, Cracker, Alice in Chains, Public Enemy are a few others that jump straight to mind.

oh, Jane's Addiction too.
11/18/2018 1:10 PM
Posted by usf_bulls on 11/18/2018 12:35:00 PM (view original):
One of the best concerts I have ever gone to was, and we haven't really talked about this genre of music much at all, was Earth, Wind and Fire many decades ago.

Other groups that were good in concert were Rush and U2.
I saw them in 86 as the backing brass/percussion for Chicago. Amazing performance.
11/18/2018 1:11 PM
music has reached a point for me that i am looking forward to a future of hologram concerts and top notch tribute band concerts..
11/18/2018 1:12 PM
Posted by bronxcheer on 11/18/2018 4:27:00 AM (view original):
Best concerts: Jethro Tull/ Uriah Heep, Lynyrd Skynyrd/ Ted Nugent, James Taylor/ Carly Simon, Police/ Go-Go's, The Cars/ Nick Lowe, The Kinks at The Ritz on New Years Eve, Talking Heads on mescaline at Forest Hills, Squeeze at Stephen Talkhouse, U2 at Stony Brook.

Absolute Best: Bruce Springsteen opening the then brand new Brendan Byrne Arena, and I'm not a huge Boss fan.

Asterick****--The Who/ Clash at Shea Stadium---****** up on booze, pot, mescaline, coke, mushrooms--went back to the car and had sex with a wild girl named Nancy
Man. I never saw Talking Heads. Stop Making Sense is the best concert album ever in my opinion.

banged an ex at a U2 show in one of the boxes at the old Oakland Coliseum while the pretenders were on. Nothing like getting it on while looking out over a crowd of 50K plus. Lol
11/18/2018 1:13 PM
if one was to compare the recording careers of springsteen and tom petty from 1976 onward i think i would take tom petty...also elvis costello.
11/18/2018 1:16 PM
get netfix.
11/18/2018 1:37 PM
SOooooooooo......if I have a subscription to Netflix (like I had until recently) I'll be able to copy and paste You Tube again?
11/18/2018 1:48 PM
OH WAIT! I just found Soundcloud.
11/18/2018 1:56 PM
why did you end your subscription to netflix.
11/18/2018 2:07 PM
i may not be back for a while but i love netflix.....as soon as my stepson can come up from va. he will set me up with amazon and i think hula..i got a roku..i do pay for netfix and im a amazon prime member....i am technologically helen keller.
i have comcast and i like it better then verizon.
i do like that commercial that says quit cable but i wont.
11/18/2018 2:11 PM
Posted by dino27 on 11/18/2018 2:07:00 PM (view original):
why did you end your subscription to netflix.
Too liberal. It may be why I might be ending my subscription with XM. At least XM has counter balance. I don't have to listen to swear words 24/7.

NETFLIX is Hollywood on steroids. And while mom is dying giving birth, the baby is rotten and we just can't find a sitter.
11/18/2018 2:36 PM
i think that after some of the beatles albums and highway 61....born to run is the next greatest album.......but if you subtract born to run from his catalog id take the catalogs of elvis c and tom petty......even if you minus the best elvis and tom petty album as well.
11/18/2018 5:00 PM
◂ Prev 1...15|16|17|18|19...83 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.