Posted by laramiebob on 7/19/2019 2:26:00 PM (view original):
I'd love to have written just ONE of any of these songs mentioned!
And nobody even mentioned Tom Petty's awesome catalogue of gems!
Forgot about Petty..could add another 10 or so just by him!
7/19/2019 10:37 PM
could add a few more by the Kinks and Graham Parker as well
7/20/2019 8:25 PM
for those fans of veronica mars -
a brand new season 3 about to begin on hulu.
7/22/2019 1:14 PM
Posted by dino27 on 7/19/2019 7:46:00 PM (view original):
i believe suicide is painless is a johnny mercer composition...could be wrong.
YOU ARE CORRECT
7/22/2019 1:17 PM
CBS HAS BAILED ON MY CABLE SYSTEM. THEY CLAIM TO HAVE A LOT OF GREAT CONTENT BUT IT STILL TOOK ME THREE DAYS TO NOTICE.
7/22/2019 1:20 PM
the new season of GLOW started on netflix.
a great new sci fi show on netflix - another life - not perfect but some very high moments....i hope there will be a second season.
8/7/2019 2:24 PM
netflix has been spending a billion dollars a year on major netflix original A list movies.
they have been creating some great movies but the gain in viewership does not seem to be matching the cost.
8/8/2019 3:25 PM (edited)
some entertaining history..

did you know that abraham lincoln and kit carson were both born in 1809 in kentucky about 110 miles apart.
did you know that wyatt earp and wild bill hickock were both born in illinois.
and wild bill hickock was believed to be a confederate spy in the civil war.
billy the kid was born in nyc.
george custer and annie oakley were both born in ohio 11 years apart.
buffalo bill was born in iowa in 1846.
jesse james was born in 1847 and wyatt earp in 1848.
daniel boone was born in 1734 and davy crockett was born in 1786.
george washington was born in 1732...so he was approximately 2 years older then daniel boone.
8/9/2019 1:48 PM
when there is discussion about the greatest television shows American Horror Story should be in the discussion.
8/12/2019 1:15 PM
Fine with me. BTW. Music tip:---- IF you like good edgy powerful ROCK (I guess I'd call it rock)..............

I've probably mentioned this one before, but I listened to it again last night and it just killed me again so...............

Do yourself a favor, somehow get a hold of the Patterson Hood release, "Murdering Oscar (and other Love stories)" and listen to it intently with your favorite beverage or three!

It careens from song to song seamlessly with witty, insightful lyrics, and all the string driven power of a live DBT show, and even mentions the Pride of the Yankees in one song. 5 Stars in my book as a musical adventure of rock and alternative twangy shrieky pedal steel.

It's SO good it drives my wife to drink.

8/12/2019 2:45 PM
i will check it out.
8/12/2019 2:56 PM
Bottom feeders such as thee should probably NOT listen to this anyway as you've so aptly demonstrated with your frequent postings that you ain't got no "Walking Around Sense"----- Cut 12.
8/12/2019 3:34 PM
please delete the above.
8/12/2019 4:22 PM
Yes he is.
8/12/2019 8:58 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 7/17/2019 6:57:00 PM (view original):
I'm extremely tired of political posts. I'm also tired of half the posts in these forums (at least half) being by people I have blocked and won't bother to read. I used to enjoy coming to the forums, but not so much anymore.
Here is my musical question.
Name 5 songs you wish you had written. It can be because the songs made a lot of money. It can be because you think the songs are beautiful songs. It can be for any reason whatsoever.
I'll need to think a bit on my list. I'll post it when I come up with it.
I'm going in a different direction. How about a Top 6?

Stardust - Hoagy Charmichael - This song has been covered over 1,500 times. Imagine that. The Nat King Cole cover is by far the best. One of my favorite songs.
I'll be Seeing You - Sammy Fain. Bing Crosby gives me goosebumps.
What a Wonderful World. - Louis Armstrong.
Over the Rainbow - Harold Arlen. Judy Garland, obviously...
Fly Me to the Moon - Bart Howard. Only Sinatra is worthy...
Year of the Cat - Al Stewart. I just changed this list because, uopn further reflection, Year of the Cat is just too awesome. Stewart wrote a good song and, then, inserted a great instrumental verse followed by what might be the best instrumental bridge of all time...I mean you would have to go back to Vivaldi (Summer, Four Seasons) to find that kind of quality. Damn...
8/12/2019 9:49 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...60|61|62|63|64...83 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.