REALCLEAR POLITICS

trump approval - 41.9
rasmussin - 44- maybe lowest ever for that poll.
10/24/2019 11:48 AM
"but im more worried about the 40%....they have always been here and they are still here and propagating"

Me too Dino. Problem is, to be honest, a few of that 40% are likely friends of mine.
What do I tell them? Do I think of them as stupid?, blind?, foolish?, uninformed?, conned?, or all of the above!
Do I cut off all contact with them because they are on the wrong side of a clear line between supporting good or evil?

What can I say to make someone, even someone who MAY respect and like me, SEE how wrong their judgment is on this evil human?
It's not like the info isn't out there. EVERYONE knows enough of his life to be able to easily see his lack of character (on every level!), his inherent greed, and egocentric childishness. (You do know it was HE, who whipped ISIS, "...not Obama, Me, Me, Me,'') don't you? He told us this just yesterday!

People have CHOSEN to ignore what they know. For a variety of reasons. Fear is one. Fear of the "progressive" agenda.
Fear of the "others" here for our jobs and to change our lifestyle.
Fear, even of the truth, that they suspect.

Another reason is intellectual laziness. People don't read any more. Not really. They don't seek NEW information, try to get wiser.
That takes energy, effort. Can't do THAT and watch TV and look at smartphones for 6 - 8 hours a day.
Few folks even read novels. Real literature is a rarity for our attention. And forget about non-fictional examinations of our culture. Much much too depressing, difficult.

Charles Bowden likely died of a broken heart because of people's lack of interest in knowing truth, real truth.
He spent his last decade searching for truth along the Border, and telling us in every way he knew to wake up and touch reality.

I will always prize the words of encouragement(?) he penned inside of my "Blood Orchid" novel I asked him to sign.
He wrote (simply) "Enjoy The Garden"--------------

I think he knew it wasn't gonna last long.
10/24/2019 12:53 PM
i am making an exception here for you...my friend.
there are " some " very fine people in the 40%...your friends for sure.
but on a whole most of the 40% fall on the wrong side of the balance between love and hate.
we all are challenged by our baser instincts and qualities of hostility and rage and prejudice and insecurity and scapegoating.
the better of us seek harmony and inclusion and advancement and altruism and sacrifice for the sake of our neighbors and embrace it.
the better of us say everyone first.
as a whole the 40% are on the wrong side of the ledger...they gave up and gave in to their baser nature.
most of them embrace and revere their hostile nature......trump is their symbol and manifestation and justifier
trump did not make them.
they were ready for trump.

it isnt what i believe...it is what i know.
10/24/2019 1:08 PM
I can't disagree with that Dino. But it's dismaying to admit it. I have a lifelong friend who I know voted for Trump. He's not a despicable or a deplorable.
He IS a gun collector and he feared HRC and the "Progressives".......... whatever THEY are.
AND (I'm pretty sure) he succumbed to all the propaganda and right wing smear campaign and the misinformation spewed by the Russkies, etc. But still, It's on HIM!
And his bias's and his fears and (to be honest) his ignorance.
He's never been a deep thinker. More of a doer. A hands on get it done worker. Good one. Apparently a good husband, too........... he keeps trying out the role anyhow.......... that's an inside joke between us cause he's got a few exes.

Most folks do NOT vote on the basis of researched, logically tempered information, put through the filter of their own political belief systems and judgment.
As we (mostly) should. Instead they vote on a myriad of nonsensical things. How they looked on TV, for example (JFK). Or how positive and charismatic they were (Reagan), or how famous they are (Oprah or Trump).
And they don't do the (ANY) research.

Folks SHOULD know that Trump had been market testing "positions", "Phrases and catch-words", political stances, etc for years. He learned how to manipulate the masses who spend all their lives watching dumbass so-called reality TV (and worse!) from his Apprentice days, from the guy who 1st learned to how do it when he made the early reality TV garbage shows, forget his name, Burnett maybe?

Anyway, it's WHY he switched from pro-choice to pro-life. Popularity testing in preparation for his run at power. It's also why he chose the Republican party. There's a great quote (it's on videotape somewhere) of him way back in the 90's saying IF he ever ran for Pres. if would have to be as a Republican because their voters are the dumbest and easiest to con. Not the exact verbiage but it's his meaning!

You should find the video and post the link.
I'm too tech challenged to be able to do it.
Probably on youtube somewhere.

many many folks, probably like my friend, just don't know these things. Probably because they get their info all from one source.
Fox spews. Defenders of the hypocrites and branch of the Repugnant Party.

End of rant!
10/24/2019 2:53 PM
hate to say anything in defense of Trump, but he apparently never said that.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/1998-trump-people-quote/
10/24/2019 3:39 PM
Maybe so. I sure didn't learn about it from People magazine, I can tell you that. His disdain for the average voter is readily documentable on scores of occasions even without that supposed statement.
10/24/2019 3:53 PM
Oh, I have no doubt he disdains most people. I didn't hear about it from People magazine either, but I don't think he ever actually said it. That's okay. He does say plenty of other dumb **** which his supporters don't seem to care about.
10/24/2019 7:28 PM
yup
10/24/2019 8:12 PM
tulsi gabbard has announced she will not seek reelection to congress.
in order to focus on her run for president.
weird.
doesnt make much sense unless she really is going to run a third party candidacy.
she was on fox the other day and quite frankly she was scarily angry.
i wont jump to conclusions yet but she is looking runnerish.
10/25/2019 12:17 PM
Putin's Plant

told ya so.
10/25/2019 12:37 PM
i do think that there could be some republican third party candidates if trump runs who will be there for the sole purpose of siphoning votes just like jill stein did in 2016.
with all respect one would have to be seriously brain damaged to not know that jill stein is a russian communist......with the emphasis on russian.
she ran to help trump....for putin.
this time i expect at least one major never rumper to run just to defeat trump...but not as a democrat plant.....just a plant of democracy and decency...could very well be more then one.....
10/25/2019 1:51 PM
mitt romney is setting himself up for the history books to be the republican adalai stevenson.
lindsey graham will have the reputation of a strom thurmond.......mcconnell still has time to write a better history.
10/25/2019 1:56 PM
BUT NO HESITATION ABOUT NUKES

hey stash......put country before book
10/27/2019 9:03 AM
FOREIGN POLICY TREATISE

trump has been undoing a lot of treaties and agreements concerning russia..which were designed to maintain communication and safety between the 2 countries and the world.......the withdrrawl does not accrue to the safety of the usa.
it may not bother a lot of people now because trump plays footsie with putin...actually a puppet
but what happens when we eventually have an american president and things are not so cheery with russia.
think about it
if you can.
10/27/2019 1:00 PM (edited)
THE MAD MAD DADDY

evidently the kurds played a part in the campaign which was put together very recently.
im curious - what was their role....and did their assistance come before or after they were betrayed.
10/27/2019 12:12 PM
◂ Prev 1...70|71|72|73|74...83 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.