dino, please redline that comment. There's no reason to post sim baseball stuff here.
4/27/2019 3:51 PM
Posted by DougOut on 4/27/2019 5:22:00 PM (view original):

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE wake up and make your pick for the other 15 people who are waiting on you.
love that cat.
sorry about the pick...i was tied up in a torture chamber.
4/27/2019 9:05 PM
To honor the troll, I have come up with a Top 10 1970s soft rock list. I tried to make a distinction between soft rock and the adult contemporary sound so prominent in groups like America, Bread, The Carpenters, Firefall, etc., although the later into the decade you go, the more they start sounding the same.

On a morning from a Bogart mo-vie, in a country where they turn back time...

10. Rikki Don’t Lose that Number – Steely Dan
9. Love is Alive – Gary Wright
8. Miracles – Jefferson Starship

You go strolling through the crowd, like...Pe-ter Lor-re, contemplating a crime...

7. Right Down the Line – Gerry Rafferty
6. You Make Loving Fun – Fleetwood Mac
5. Beginnings (album version) – Chicago

She comes out of the sun in a silk dress run-ning like a watercolor...in the rain...

4. Peg – Steely Dan
3. One of These Nights – The Eagles
2. Night Moves – Bob Seger

Don’t bother ask-ing for...explanations, she’ll just tell you that she came...in the...
1. Year of the Cat - Al Stewart

4/27/2019 10:57 PM (edited)
how can one improve upon that ?
the only changes i would make is peaceful easy feeling for the eagles and a place for that song about the classified ad and escape by rupert holmes i think.
4/28/2019 11:44 PM
4/29/2019 2:24 AM

Hate speech is not allowed on YouTube. We remove content promoting violence or hatred against individuals or groups based on certain attributes. YouTube also doesn’t allow content intended to praise, promote, or aid violent criminal organizations.

Content that doesn’t violate our policies, but is close to the removal line and could be offensive to some viewers, may have some features disabled. This may include the following. This is not a complete list.

• Inflammatory religious or supremacist content without a direct call to violence or a primary purpose of promoting hatred
  • Conspiracy theories ascribing evil, corrupt, or malicious intent to individuals or groups based on certain attributes
  • Videos denying that a well-documented, violent event took place
4/29/2019 4:14 AM
certain attributes
4/29/2019 4:17 AM
isis bashes history

youtube lawyers too
4/29/2019 4:20 AM
Posted by dino27 on 4/28/2019 11:45:00 PM (view original):
how can one improve upon that ?
the only changes i would make is peaceful easy feeling for the eagles and a place for that song about the classified ad and escape by rupert holmes i think.
I intentionally left Peaceful Easy Feeling off the list because it is in my next random Top 10...70s country-inspired songs recorded by non-country artists. Peaceful will be near the top but it all depends on what kind of mood I am in when I finalize the list. There are a bunch of artists that would never make a Top 10 for me in any other category but have strong entries here - like Anne Murray's cover of Danny's Song.
4/29/2019 10:40 AM
i love anne murray - danny's song.
4/29/2019 11:39 AM
Sorry. It just drips........... too much production......... too much smooothie, sugary smoothie. ICK.

What list does Yummy Yummy Yummy by the Ohio Express make? Did anyone mention Hang On Sloopy?
I just LOVE the subtitle of Yummy Yummy Yummy BTW.
Anyone else know what it is?
4/29/2019 12:22 PM
i got love in my tummy.
4/29/2019 12:42 PM
my stepson has been a big fan of alternative music and all of the derivative bands..he is 25 so he did not grow up with the great stuff of the 60s and 70s and new wave / punk...i bought him between 500 - 750 of the great classic cds incl all the beatles and stones and the great solo beatles......the who..elvis c..the clash......rem.....police....pistols..santanna...tom petty.......hendrix...ccr...n. young.....even carly simon....steve forbert....yes...elo...you name it.etc etc etc.....everything great from elvis to elvis and beyond and everything in between....i always tell him the current alternative is like cotton candy.....it disappears after listening and has no substance.
im happy and proud to say he now gets it....on his own he is listening to the classics ...likes real rythem and melody.
for current music i hope it represents a harbinger of good things to come and a return to music with riffs and laced with melody....and creativity.
it is going to come back ....
4/29/2019 12:59 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 4/27/2019 10:57:00 PM (view original):
To honor the troll, I have come up with a Top 10 1970s soft rock list. I tried to make a distinction between soft rock and the adult contemporary sound so prominent in groups like America, Bread, The Carpenters, Firefall, etc., although the later into the decade you go, the more they start sounding the same.

On a morning from a Bogart mo-vie, in a country where they turn back time...

10. Rikki Don’t Lose that Number – Steely Dan
9. Love is Alive – Gary Wright
8. Miracles – Jefferson Starship

You go strolling through the crowd, like...Pe-ter Lor-re, contemplating a crime...

7. Right Down the Line – Gerry Rafferty
6. You Make Loving Fun – Fleetwood Mac
5. Beginnings (album version) – Chicago

She comes out of the sun in a silk dress run-ning like a watercolor...in the rain...

4. Peg – Steely Dan
3. One of These Nights – The Eagles
2. Night Moves – Bob Seger

Don’t bother ask-ing for...explanations, she’ll just tell you that she came...in the...
1. Year of the Cat - Al Stewart

just out of curiosity, what is the difference between soft rock and adult contemporary? I have no idea.
4/29/2019 1:46 PM
Posted by dino27 on 4/29/2019 1:00:00 PM (view original):
my stepson has been a big fan of alternative music and all of the derivative bands..he is 25 so he did not grow up with the great stuff of the 60s and 70s and new wave / punk...i bought him between 500 - 750 of the great classic cds incl all the beatles and stones and the great solo beatles......the who..elvis c..the clash......rem.....police....pistols..santanna...tom petty.......hendrix...ccr...n. young.....even carly simon....steve forbert....yes...elo...you name it.etc etc etc.....everything great from elvis to elvis and beyond and everything in between....i always tell him the current alternative is like cotton candy.....it disappears after listening and has no substance.
im happy and proud to say he now gets it....on his own he is listening to the classics ...likes real rythem and melody.
for current music i hope it represents a harbinger of good things to come and a return to music with riffs and laced with melody....and creativity.
it is going to come back ....
I'm proud that my 21 year old daughter is very into classic rock and her tastes are very similar to mine. She also listens to some stuff I can't stand, but I know she could say the same about me. My twin 17 year old sons are different. They can't stand most of what I listen to and only listen to rap or hip hop. One of them likes Led Zeppelin, but that is about it.
4/29/2019 1:48 PM
◂ Prev 1...53|54|55|56|57...83 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.