there is the all time great thread of what are you reading.
im hoping to have a similar quality thread here discussing what music you are listening to at home and your read on it.
all music is fair game be it r and r.......soul........jazz...vocals......country......international.......brazilian......new age etc.
all are invited to give your opinions on one of our great passions.

GREAT LISTS ON PAGE 21.
1/10/2019 5:26 PM (edited)
i have lately been listening to walls and bridges by john lennon.....it came out in 1974 following mind games and the same year as venus and mars by paul mccartney.
critics be damned.....this is an outstanding 5 star album......i think a lot of the so called critics compare every beatles solo songs and albums to a beatles album....i listen to the album only on its own merits and to me this is a masterpiece.....yes , some of the songs do have enough of the lennon beatlish flair while others have less of a rock and roll rock sound and are more polished.......
it is a rich album with a big sound and a lot of horns....production and musicianship is top rate.....

of the 11 songs... (.the 12th is a bit of john singing with julian playing drums )..i rate 9 songs as 5/5 stars......bless you i give a 4 and beef jerky 4.5.
songs that can be considered for top 100 songs by beatles and solo work are whatever gets you through the night.....#9 dream......nobody loves you.when you are down and out.....surprise surprise steel and glass.......going down on love.

this album sounds amazing on a good stereo.......the lennon vocals are as good as it gets.the last great album of original material before his retirement and 1980 comeback.
10/28/2018 1:56 PM
while on the subject of the beatles there are several beatles radio stations....
there is the beatles channel on sirius.
there are a bunch of free internet radio stations you can play on google home or alexa.
beatles - a - rama.........beatles radio.........and fab4 radio.
all play rarities....interviews.......outtakes........i like fab4 radio the best because they go the deepest and play a very healthy amount of solo tracks and some deep tracks at that.........beatles - a - rama has great hosted shows on the weekend.
10/28/2018 8:05 PM
next 4 album reviews from my musical pallet.......nancy wilson........she and him.........ten years after.........sean lennon.
10/29/2018 11:53 AM
this isnt a beatles thread but when there is important news ill mention it......about to be released is boxed set/reissue of imagine......and the reissues of red rose speedway and wings wild life....also 50th anniversary of the white album.
10/29/2018 12:19 PM
I've been listening to a lot of Bob Schneider and Brandi Carlile. Yesterday I listened to Blood, Sweat & Tears Greatest Hits. Saw the Subdudes in concert Friday so I've been listening to them too. Also some Graham Parker.
10/29/2018 3:37 PM
i heard hold back the night on the radio a few days ago and had an itch to listen to a graham parker album.
there is a song by robert schneider that i love......is bob schneider and robert schneider the same person.....the song is we r superheroes.......such a fun song.
blood sweat and tears album is a very cool choice indeed.
10/29/2018 4:00 PM
robert schneider is a member of a group that i like a lot called apples in stereo.
10/29/2018 4:47 PM
yeah...2 different guys...bob and robert...
not to be confused with bobert.
10/29/2018 4:48 PM
Different guys, but I highly recommend Bob Schneider. He is from Austin and is a great songwriter- singer. The Graham Parker CD I was listening to was The Mona Lisa's Sister.
10/29/2018 5:43 PM
The first several Three Dog Night albums and Strange Little Birds by Garbage. That's about a 46 year gap, lol.
10/29/2018 5:45 PM
i think garbage did a james bond song.......i like 3 dog night...im going to give a listen on spotify.
mona lisas sister is a fine album.
10/29/2018 6:24 PM
i got new speakers.....still would like to upgrade the receiver......it is time to play something great from the 1700s.
10/29/2018 6:26 PM
Posted by dino27 on 10/29/2018 6:26:00 PM (view original):
i got new speakers.....still would like to upgrade the receiver......it is time to play something great from the 1700s.
Well, I'm always listening to classical music but I didn't think that was fair game. I prefer the 1800s and the Romantic Era, personally. Dvorák would sound very good on new speakers.
10/29/2018 6:42 PM
you know much more then i do...i have a lot of classical cds...good stuff...can you recommend.....i have great conductors..
i have dvorcak...any other suggestions as well
10/29/2018 6:47 PM
1|2|3...83 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.