SIM BASEBALL HALL OF FAME MEMBERS Topic

UPDATE - ITALYPROF !!!

good news...i have located italyprof...im sure many of us were concerned about italyprof when he left this summer shrouded in hysteria.
he has reappeared in ootp baseball. posting on jan. 27 2019...it is.a site he also retired from in summer 2018 insisting then that the players had only one arm and one leg but no torso or face.....we can neither confirm nor deny these allegations.
but happily he is now doing fine and we wish him the very very best
2/23/2019 4:44 PM
grizzly_one mastered the fatigue strategy, drafting 80% of the normal stamina and then throwing 30 games with 200k scrubs. There were so many complaints so they changed the rules to make the fatigue strategy less effective. grizzly complained loudly and lost interest soon after.

jose_can_u_see was a lively character in the Rule V series. He hated Pete Rose and insisted nobody would ever win the WS with Pete on their roster. I was the first to win with pete, whereupon jose took offense and quit.

miami_tilt won World Series in half of the leagues he entered (23 out of 46, I believe) back in the early days. After a couple years away he briefly came back with a big mouth, the strategy had changed and he didn't do so well.
2/24/2019 3:35 AM (edited)
Wait, is that really why jose_can_u_see doesn't play anymore?
2/24/2019 3:21 AM
That's why he quit Rule V. Don't know if that's when he quit everything though I don't remember seeing him elsewhere since.
2/24/2019 3:30 AM (edited)
If WaitNSee is really done here that’s big news. A guy, along with a handful of others, who seemed unbeatable.
2/24/2019 8:57 AM
Jose can u c and I ran a few auction leagues together, and his Vegas predictions in Rule V were always fun to read. I think he had family or health issues that took him away...

That Johnny Dots (JohnGPF) is no longer here is a huge loss. Always very active and insightful...

I think we need to get back more to draft leagues. There are some still going, that's good...

Getting an update to the game is necessary to get folks involved. It is long overdue.

2/24/2019 10:25 AM
This ended up in the “your best season ever” thread but maybe fits better here.

Was born in Sydney Australia; Barranjoey Head and Point Piper are both places there.

“Barranjoey” ran a league I was smug enough to call “League of Champions” but never won. Eventually I got over myself and called it Bill’s invitational. We varied the cap and had blacklists in later seasons. Competitors included a couple of RL college friends who had introduced me to the site in 2001, jlipton and kuff6; kuff6 was WS champion one season. Others winners included revhow, khan, dbackbill (twice), jefcat, ARomano, dinguses, zackaryl, and tiger 19; other participants included dan6768, tracyr, eschwartz67, sptguy33, the original admin (Tarek), mudyhelmut, addunn99, laura, rob infinite and paland (aka philipdenman). There was a fair bit of turnover.

I quit in 2004 or ‘05 and came back in ‘06, playing at a much lower volume. Got hooked on hoops dynasty for a while though which was even more labor intensive. Anyway, the salaries had changed and we had just moved cities so I felt like starting over. Barranjoey’s team names were loaded with San Diego people and places, point_piper’s were initially full of LA references when it was all new and interesting to me.

That 133-win team played at Coors and scored 1450 runs with a team slash line of .389/.429/.564. Rogers Hornsby ‘21 drove in 246 runs and Joe Jackson ‘11 218. The rotation featured the not quite immortal Jim Bagby ‘18 (RL ERC# 3.54) and Will Calihan 1890 (3.17), plus one of Joe McGinnity’s worst years, 1900 (3.82). That approach really played in early ‘04 before an overdue update. But like I said we lost the WS, 4-3 to a team run by seymourhiney (yes that’s real) that had gone 107-55. MLB27460.

Another thing I notice looking back through my barranjoey notebooks is that I took a lot more risks in open and theme/private leagues - lots of experiments ending up sub-.500. When I was playing so many at once, it was like, why not? Now I play three or four and wouldn’t want to waste one. Kind of cowardly.

That seems like too much reminiscing, sorry I detoured your thread ozomatli.
3/3/2019 7:25 PM
Posted by joerat1 on 2/24/2019 8:57:00 AM (view original):
If WaitNSee is really done here that’s big news. A guy, along with a handful of others, who seemed unbeatable.
He played in one of my recent leagues...didn't mention leaving, but he isn't in my most recent league. If true, sorry to see him go...was a real gamer.
3/7/2019 12:07 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Yaz_Benders stopped playing a couple years ago, he was a legend at LIVE, toughest owner I've ever gone up against. I probably learned more from watching him than anyone else on WIS. Just a monster in progressive leagues, I don't recall ever seeing him manage a team that didn't contend, and managing LIVE against him it always felt like he was a step ahead of you.

Also the nicest guy in the world, always making time to log onto LIVE at odd hours for him in Australia. Hope he's doing well.

3/13/2019 2:27 PM
YAZSIR....Thanks 06gsp.....yaz_benders is mandatory..i have to expand some plaques but first yaz will get a great plaque...a superstar going back to 2005.
3/13/2019 4:13 PM
Here is a little of what I have been up to recently: this is an English translation of a talk I gave right before Christmas 2018 at a public event at the city hall of Padua, Italy on the differences between capitalism in the United States and in Europe. I know, politics and economics instead of baseball (there will be more that sometime soon too), but here it is if anyone is interested:

https://www.counterpunch.org/2018/12/24/capitalism-in-the-united-states-and-in-europe/

3/14/2019 9:19 AM
Posted by italyprof on 3/14/2019 9:19:00 AM (view original):
Here is a little of what I have been up to recently: this is an English translation of a talk I gave right before Christmas 2018 at a public event at the city hall of Padua, Italy on the differences between capitalism in the United States and in Europe. I know, politics and economics instead of baseball (there will be more that sometime soon too), but here it is if anyone is interested:

https://www.counterpunch.org/2018/12/24/capitalism-in-the-united-states-and-in-europe/

Glad you're back, Prof!
3/14/2019 1:31 PM
steve remains retired as for playing in leagues...he is in ootp..thats enough.....stay retired steve...keep the zen going....steve is in the forums so he will remain in the hall of fame....
im looking forward to reading the lecture.....it sounds amazing...esp now that we are in a time of litmus tests over isms....the lecture sounds like it is very timely and ahead of its time.
3/14/2019 2:03 PM
Posted by italyprof on 3/14/2019 9:19:00 AM (view original):

I look forward to it. It seems that Europeans like to demonize capitalism in the US like they were taught from an early age that the US is a backwards country or something.

So I might get some insight on why they all think like that.
3/14/2019 5:38 PM
◂ Prev 1...14|15|16|17|18 Next ▸
SIM BASEBALL HALL OF FAME MEMBERS Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.