SIM BASEBALL HALL OF FAME MEMBERS Topic

i have started digging into the lecture...incredible and so lucid and clear as water and such an ability to break down the material...you will all be amazed.
i have to say that after finding more about Steve i now feel more humbled then ever.....we are all so very privileged to have Steven among us in la hobby nostra.
Steven is a brilliant man well known world wide among academics in the fields of sociology.....economics and history...he is obviously a very humble man....i personally dont throw around the word genius lightly but it is so reassuring to be able to know that such an accomplished and brilliant thinker can also be a regular guy..
Steve has books that can be purchased and there are also many lectures online....i will be purchasing the books.
thank you steve for coming back and allowing those of us that always knew you were special to read you in the forums......we only glimpsed your exceptionality.
i have the very highest respect and reverence for truly brilliant people.......of course i feel this way about physicians and scientists and researchers....these deep thinkers like Steve are the people i hold in the highest esteem and i am unabashed to express my sincere respect.
3/14/2019 7:10 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
i will find time to bring some new vigor to this thread...more plaques.
6/6/2019 12:00 AM
I haven’t looked at forums in years but TBill mentioned this in a league forum so I gave it a look. BigGoon was a prolific commish. Used to do a lot of high cap no AAA leagues. Crimsonblue was a good dude—used to sitemail with him quite a bit. Smart guy and good conversationalist.

What happened to Boogerlips? Played in a league with him maybe once but the guy was a comedian in the forums when I started playing.
6/6/2019 11:27 AM
boogerlips & mudbone should be inducted in the "Forum Wing" of the HOF

so should big_kahuna
6/6/2019 2:05 PM
i am adding a wing for long standing and .special theme and prog leagues and their starters.....retirees only.
6/6/2019 2:12 PM
Posted by skunk206 on 11/10/2018 11:39:00 PM (view original):
grizzly_one may deserve a mention here. No active teams and last championship was April 2017. The Grizzly Fatigue Strategy was a major contribution to SLB and an innovative way to win. Should be recognized if he's gone.
Well thanks for the mention.

I remember when you were a newbie and now look at you. All growed up and has become WIS Royalty. The face that runs the place!
11/2/2019 6:22 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
There’s so much history, and lore that I never got to be apart of, that I’m kinda jealous. Started on here as a Middle Schooler with no money, just making stupid spring training teams, then using them on LIVE. Must’ve had like 300 of them when I went back into LIVE at the very end of its life cycle.
11/3/2019 11:49 AM
So many names that I haven't seen in 10+ years. This site was a whole other animal in the early 2000s. I shared an account with my dad at first and then made this one a year or two later. I miss the old days of this site.
11/10/2019 2:24 PM
ive kinda lost energy to go back to the entries and the hall...ill do some more when i can but always let this thread be a repository of good memories and lore and accomplishments and innovations.
11/10/2019 2:53 PM
Posted by d_rock97 on 11/3/2019 11:49:00 AM (view original):
There’s so much history, and lore that I never got to be apart of, that I’m kinda jealous. Started on here as a Middle Schooler with no money, just making stupid spring training teams, then using them on LIVE. Must’ve had like 300 of them when I went back into LIVE at the very end of its life cycle.
Really miss the Live playing during the heyday of Bulantz, Summerfield, Habsfans, Joshkvt, Arvid and countless others. Summerfields blend league, the US Baseball Federation, and UNO leagues were so much fun.
11/10/2019 8:45 PM
Wow and this thread brought out the Taint....well met been a looping time my friend
11/12/2019 1:41 AM
I will shortly be leaving the site. There seems to be only one strategy with which a team can win consistently (outside of progressives and unique theme leagues) and it doesn't jibe with how teams win in real baseball. I played APBA for many years and had stopped in the late 1990s. A few years later, I found this site. While the site continued to get better throughout the 2000s, that hasn't been the case in several years IMHO. The dynamic pricing fiasco, overvaluing of A+ range, and the inability to normalize performance reasonably across decades to the disadvantage of modern pitchers are significant issues.

Also, I was one of the people who railed against the "fatigue strategy" because it bore no resemblance to real-life baseball. If it did, teams IRL would have used it and more pitchers would have had stats like '74 Mike Marshall (106 GP, 208 IP).

I've enjoyed playing with many owners and have had my share of success. Candidly, I'm not optimistic about the site being improved. But, if I'm proven wrong, I'd definitely consider coming back.
11/12/2019 9:09 AM
Posted by PennQuaker on 11/12/2019 9:09:00 AM (view original):
I will shortly be leaving the site. There seems to be only one strategy with which a team can win consistently (outside of progressives and unique theme leagues) and it doesn't jibe with how teams win in real baseball. I played APBA for many years and had stopped in the late 1990s. A few years later, I found this site. While the site continued to get better throughout the 2000s, that hasn't been the case in several years IMHO. The dynamic pricing fiasco, overvaluing of A+ range, and the inability to normalize performance reasonably across decades to the disadvantage of modern pitchers are significant issues.

Also, I was one of the people who railed against the "fatigue strategy" because it bore no resemblance to real-life baseball. If it did, teams IRL would have used it and more pitchers would have had stats like '74 Mike Marshall (106 GP, 208 IP).

I've enjoyed playing with many owners and have had my share of success. Candidly, I'm not optimistic about the site being improved. But, if I'm proven wrong, I'd definitely consider coming back.
I couldn't have said it better myself. You'll be missed.
11/12/2019 12:39 PM
◂ Prev 1...15|16|17|18 Next ▸
SIM BASEBALL HALL OF FAME MEMBERS Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.