SIM BASEBALL HALL OF FAME MEMBERS Topic

COLED - RETIRED

famed commissioner and player...ranks 23 on all time user ratings.
has not been seen since october 2017.
looking for information on coled...thanks bootone..
user rating of 157, 887.......96 championships in 189 chances.....ranks 19.
in his last year he added 4 more championships to his tally.
played in 1212 seasons. from 2005 through 2017.
made a new years resolution and retired after end of 2017.
12/1/2018 1:25 PM (edited)
IMPAULSTER99 - MIA

a sidekick originator of the space age prog league ( 24 seasons young ) with italyprof.......was commisioner at times.......went off radar before season 22..early 2018.........i sometimes affectionately called him imposter99 but he was hard working and a good commish....wishing him well in the ether.
10/31/2018 11:46 AM
MMTDAD - MIA

went off radar mid 2017.......a progger...always made late entrance.
last seen in dual season prog league.
watching mtv.
10/31/2018 11:57 AM
Posted by dino27 on 10/30/2018 11:58:00 PM (view original):
COLED - MIA

famed commissioner and player...ranks 23 on all time user ratings.
has not been seen since october 2017.
looking for information on coled.
He notified his progressive league commissioners that he was retiring.
10/31/2018 7:18 PM
thank you...glad to hear he is fine..i will update.
10/31/2018 8:05 PM
JohnGPF - PASSED

A human calculator who understood all of the ratios and logarithms.......bill james of the WIS.
i recommend 2 of his last threads - playing out of position and a thread about luck and bad luck and chance ( search him for exact wording ).
he was a gps to many users who could keep up with him.
left his home at wis in october 2009.
considered a legend.
*** Biglenr said in a post in 2012 that around the time that John disappeared that he checked obits in new orleans and there was a person named john who worked for a new orleans newspaper that met the description of JohnGPF and he believed it was john...biglenr seems to have known John and believed that john had passed away
11/9/2018 7:51 PM (edited)
BIGLENR - RETIRED

after being away for a period of time the popular big len announced on july 26, 2015 that because of his nasty divorce..the aftermath of his son's vandalism charges and overall malaise he could not come back but allowed for the possibility that as the spirit of the man of la mancha lives on so may he return.
11/1/2018 12:18 AM (edited)
Posted by dino27 on 10/31/2018 10:58:00 PM (view original):
JohnGPF -

A human calculator who understood all of the ratios and logarithms.......bill james of the WIS.
i recommend 2 of his last threads - playing out of position and a thread about luck and bad luck and chance ( search him for exact wording ).
Good to see some of the old names and classy of you to generate a tribute thread. JohnGPF was not only, to use a WIS term, an A++ player, he was generous with his time and helped me a lot when I was new to the site. A very encouraging asset to the site. Wish I knew what became of him, as he dropped out of sight without a word (as I recall).
11/2/2018 2:49 PM (edited)
Love this thread. Although I joined the site in 2011, I only played a season here or there. I didn’t play seriously until 2015. By that time, all these greats had moved on.
Its like hearing my grandpa talk about watching Al Kaline play. I just love it man.
11/1/2018 1:32 PM
thanks guys.....when i joined WIS part the company advertisement talked about fraternity......this thread is for all of us who agree that fraternity is a good thing.
thanks red and d.
11/1/2018 6:40 PM
looking for info on clk0619 and wildthings1
11/1/2018 7:24 PM
REDDFOXX - MIA

active from 2006 thru 2015...this mild mannered gentleman compiled quite a respectable record of 80 playoff appearances in only 147 seasons.
he went to the series 33 times with 18 KOs.......a .564 regular season winning percentage.......an international baseball enthusiast who listed his address as korea.......a stanford graduate.
11/1/2018 10:26 PM
Posted by redwingscup on 11/1/2018 12:43:00 PM (view original):
JohnGPF -

Good to see some of the old names and classy of you to generate a tribute thread. JohnGPF was not only, to use a WIS term, A++ player, he was generous with his time and helped me a lot when I was new to the site. A very encouraging asset to the site. Wish I knew what became of him, as he dropped out of sight without a word (as I recall).
Years ago, I did some investigating (Ok, it took about two minutes on Google) to locate some friends of JohnGPF that played HBD together. They told me he was alive and well and just decided it was time to move on from the site. He was not dead, as many had speculated, though he did disappear rather suddenly.
11/1/2018 10:34 PM
Posted by skunk206 on 11/1/2018 10:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by redwingscup on 11/1/2018 12:43:00 PM (view original):
JohnGPF -

Good to see some of the old names and classy of you to generate a tribute thread. JohnGPF was not only, to use a WIS term, A++ player, he was generous with his time and helped me a lot when I was new to the site. A very encouraging asset to the site. Wish I knew what became of him, as he dropped out of sight without a word (as I recall).
Years ago, I did some investigating (Ok, it took about two minutes on Google) to locate some friends of JohnGPF that played HBD together. They told me he was alive and well and just decided it was time to move on from the site. He was not dead, as many had speculated, though he did disappear rather suddenly.
In late 2009 he entered a team into a progressive I was running (I believe it may have been his last) and it was on autopilot much of the season. By the time I called for keepers the next season I knew he wasn't around...it was all over the forums. A real LEGEND, he was and still is missed.
11/1/2018 10:56 PM
JohnGPF
10/22/09
11/1/2018 10:58 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...18 Next ▸
SIM BASEBALL HALL OF FAME MEMBERS Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.