SIM BASEBALL HALL OF FAME MEMBERS Topic

mosh6800 - PASSED

He was a longtime member of my and many other progressives. Very successful, very active. Then just disappeared a couple years back. WiS wouldn't give me his real name, but they said they did some digging on my part and found an obituary matching his name, location and age range. So it's presumed that was him and he's in fact gone.
11/2/2018 3:39 AM
crimsonblue is another guy who seems to have disappeared without any word that I ever saw. One of the few owners who could purposefully and successfully manipulate the waiver wire and consistently win while whittling down his teams' total salary millions below the rest of the league.
11/2/2018 10:38 AM
Posted by Cheno5 on 11/2/2018 3:39:00 AM (view original):
mosh6800 - PASSED

He was a longtime member of my and many other progressives. Very successful, very active. Then just disappeared a couple years back. WiS wouldn't give me his real name, but they said they did some digging on my part and found an obituary matching his name, location and age range. So it's presumed that was him and he's in fact gone.
that is very interesting that wis helped find out about mosh........that was nice of them to do that.
11/2/2018 12:33 PM
Posted by skunk206 on 11/2/2018 10:38:00 AM (view original):
crimsonblue is another guy who seems to have disappeared without any word that I ever saw. One of the few owners who could purposefully and successfully manipulate the waiver wire and consistently win while whittling down his teams' total salary millions below the rest of the league.
I remember him/that too skunk.... and thanks for posting what you knew about JohnGPF
11/2/2018 2:54 PM
Posted by dino27 on 11/2/2018 12:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Cheno5 on 11/2/2018 3:39:00 AM (view original):
mosh6800 - PASSED

that is very interesting that wis helped find out about mosh........that was nice of them to do that.
Yeah, I thought so too. I told them why I was asking and that I understood privacy concerns etc. but that I just wanted to try to find out if he was okay. And within a couple of days they responded and said they'd done some research and told me what they found. Sad news, but nice of them for sure.
11/2/2018 3:07 PM
CRIMSONBLUE - MIA

a very interesting guy who created many many interesting threads for the sim league baseball forum.....also very helpful to others.
some threads even off topic just for fun for fellow baseball guys......penn state alumni..
a fine..fine player with 98 playoff appearances in only 147 seasons.....an expert using the waiver wire.
played from 2010 to late 2017.
a great contributor....missed
11/2/2018 3:11 PM
SHELLER - RETIRED

a guy who played for fun......a great WIS personality who was generous in sharing his knowledge and prog league commissioner skills.
he was an avid reader esp of history consuming everything from the guilded age to nixon to ww2 to andrew jackson to tesla and edison / electric chair ( dont sit down ).......he was very pro - union and interested in tariffs years ahead of today.
was active from 2001 to 2013 playing 441 seasons.
thank you for your participation.
11/3/2018 5:39 PM (edited)
Sheller retired.... and before doing so, was nice enough to pass along his knowledge of how to run a progressive league. Couldn't thank him enough!
11/3/2018 2:48 PM
under construction is wonker.
11/4/2018 8:58 AM
WONKER - MIA

a self described wonker who lived up to his name and was active from 2006 thru 2013....compiled a formidable regular season % of .557 and a playoff % of .531.
had 30 championships in 304 seasons.......quite a respectful sum.
he was the originator of a plethora of wonky threads......very technical and high falutent stuff.....could make your eyes glaze over......
he was another friend of phatkat and organized a get well league for phatkatt when he became ill .
always a helpful friend to fellow members .....very good guy.
his truth keeps marching on.
11/4/2018 11:02 AM
next up - the great ooooohdoggie - very very great guy.
i hope there is input about ooooohdoggie..i did not know him.
11/4/2018 11:24 AM
after ooooohdoggie.....just4me.
11/4/2018 4:58 PM
+1 for just4me, and for his brother chargingryno.

Both were great progressive owners and excellent commissioners too. I played in a few of their leagues, and they played in some of mine. Really sharp guys, very analytical. just4me came up with one of the first antitanking formulas for progressives, and his leagues were consequently some of the very best progressives in WIS. Hope they are both well.

11/4/2018 5:44 PM
wasn't oohdoggie a seattle guy

maybe i'm thinking of someone else
11/4/2018 8:03 PM
pinotfan has been updated.
11/5/2018 11:05 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...18 Next ▸
SIM BASEBALL HALL OF FAME MEMBERS Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.