11/9/2018 3:19 PM
ARomano
under construction.
11/9/2018 4:43 PM
UPDATE on JohnGPF on p.3.
11/9/2018 7:50 PM
Posted by dino27 on 11/9/2018 7:52:00 PM (view original):
I was very glad to hear that JohnGPF had not passed on. He was a great contributor and a true gentleman whenever contacted for WIS insight.

I will add futurekid6, commish of the great Futurekid6 Twist League... 34 seasons of out and out war. Futurekid6 was hugely engaging and one of the great things about his league was, in addition to being hugely competitive, fk6 treated them like they were a real thing, maintaining a history, records and feats web site... as well as constantly commentating on the league and games as the seasons progressed. Last I heard, he became a father and then quickly became a farther again and decided to readjust his priorities.

A big tip of the hat to the late pfattcatt. He battled the Big C valiantly. I took over one of his prog teams for a season as he underwent chemo... but he came back was a great competitor and owner for a couple more seasons before it got the best of him for good. RIP.

Italyprof I think is still around here under a new name... or he could be gone again. Loved to read his writing.

Contrarian22 oversaw the two best run progs I've ever been a part of, the No Whining Leagues. No bullshit... just baseball. Then he needed a break.

11/10/2018 6:34 PM
how about a thread for guys who aren't gone, but should be forgotten?? I can think of a few. :)
11/10/2018 7:56 PM
Posted by redwingscup on 11/2/2018 2:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by skunk206 on 11/2/2018 10:38:00 AM (view original):
crimsonblue is another guy who seems to have disappeared without any word that I ever saw. One of the few owners who could purposefully and successfully manipulate the waiver wire and consistently win while whittling down his teams' total salary millions below the rest of the league.
I remember him/that too skunk.... and thanks for posting what you knew about JohnGPF
crimsonblue is/was one of the most innovative owners to play SLB. Very, very tough to beat. Probably a Top 20 or so all time owner
11/10/2018 8:38 PM
Posted by eastvanmungo on 11/10/2018 6:34:00 PM (view original):
I was very glad to hear that JohnGPF had not passed on. He was a great contributor and a true gentleman whenever contacted for WIS insight.

I will add futurekid6, commish of the great Futurekid6 Twist League... 34 seasons of out and out war. Futurekid6 was hugely engaging and one of the great things about his league was, in addition to being hugely competitive, fk6 treated them like they were a real thing, maintaining a history, records and feats web site... as well as constantly commentating on the league and games as the seasons progressed. Last I heard, he became a father and then quickly became a farther again and decided to readjust his priorities.

A big tip of the hat to the late pfattcatt. He battled the Big C valiantly. I took over one of his prog teams for a season as he underwent chemo... but he came back was a great competitor and owner for a couple more seasons before it got the best of him for good. RIP.

Italyprof I think is still around here under a new name... or he could be gone again. Loved to read his writing.

Contrarian22 oversaw the two best run progs I've ever been a part of, the No Whining Leagues. No bullshit... just baseball. Then he needed a break.

im sorry but you misread my update....it appeaars that JohnGPF did pass away.
italyprof did retire.
11/10/2018 8:51 PM
Ahh crap. I saw skunk206's post under yours and hoped for the best.
11/10/2018 9:55 PM
My little investigation was in 2010. If biglen's post came from 2012 then it would seem more likely to be true, unfortunately. If not, who knows what else could have happened in the six years after.

*EDIT* I re-read dino's update on the JohnGPF entry, about biglen's 2012 post referring to an obituary. I thought it meant a 2012 obituary, but dino's post refers to biglen seeing the obituary around the time that johnGPF disappeared from the site. If that's the case, then the obituary was definitely not John's, as I learned from his buddies that John was doing fine in 2010 after falling off the WIS map in 2009. Hope lives...
11/10/2018 11:37 PM (edited)
grizzly_one may deserve a mention here. No active teams and last championship was April 2017. The Grizzly Fatigue Strategy was a major contribution to SLB and an innovative way to win. Should be recognized if he's gone.
11/10/2018 11:39 PM
Posted by eastvanmungo on 11/10/2018 6:34:00 PM (view original):

Thanks for the kind words evm.
After a couple of years away, I am playing a few teams again...mostly burning through some reward points and credits. Don't know how much I'll play once those run out.
Glad you enjoyed the NWP leagues; they were the most fun I had when I was active on this site.
Best wishes to all.
11/11/2018 5:45 AM
there is certainly a potential thread for future hall of farmers who havnt retired like contrarian and eastvanmungo and skunk and many others but it might degernerate into something egotistical and spiteful by others........at least here we dont have a platform thread for those who would take their discretion and bias to bash others.. circumstances be damned ..and call that a hall.......thats my only soapbox.
11/11/2018 5:52 PM
needless to say that when contarian hangs up his keyboard he will have a nice hall of fame post here.
11/11/2018 5:57 PM
next entry will be wildthings1......has not been around since late 2011 or 2012.
under construction.
11/12/2018 12:39 PM
new update on italyprof ***
page 1.
11/12/2018 12:46 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...18 Next ▸
SIM BASEBALL HALL OF FAME MEMBERS Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.