When are they going to modernize formations? Topic

I'm an old guy, so I don't know what the names are for modern college football formations, but very few college teams put the QB under center anymore. We need formations that put the QB 5 yards behind the center, but still have two TE's and an RB or two RB's and a TE. Right now we only have SG, which can do fun things, but I would like to have an RB back there with the QB.
11/2/2018 7:21 AM
the answer to your question is...never. They no longer care about this game enough to make such a radical change in the code. If they wont fix interceptions and fumbles they sure as hell are not going to mess around with formations. I agree though new formations would be sweet :)
11/2/2018 8:03 AM
Sounds like something I would like. But if they would ever give us new formations I would like them to implement something where we don't all start at a huge negative when adding or changing formations. Currently , I have to practice at least 2 seasons 'before" using a new formation and I still have to practice the old ones to keep up the formation iq.
11/2/2018 8:40 AM
example of new formations:
11/2/2018 8:42 AM
three tights
11/2/2018 12:19 PM
That looks like something thewizard17 would have posted.
11/2/2018 2:50 PM
Just call me Gandalf.
11/2/2018 3:30 PM
I'd be happy with a 3-3-5 nickle...
11/5/2018 11:39 AM
Speak to Gandalf. If he answers then you have a chance to see those new formations .
11/5/2018 2:56 PM
I'd settle for more than 3 custom playbooks allowed.
11/10/2018 9:21 PM
Posted by cpspalding on 11/10/2018 9:21:00 PM (view original):
I'd settle for more than 3 custom playbooks allowed.
VERY simple solution to that. Move up to D2. Then you have 10(or it might be a dozen but at least 10).
11/11/2018 12:27 AM
WIS still has the Big East. Don't see them upgrading much anytime soon.
11/11/2018 12:34 AM
I asked the same question 4 plus years ago in in a developer chat, about having a RB with the QB and it seemed to go over the head of the WIS staff, weather intentionally or unintentionally.
11/13/2018 9:43 PM
10- 12 years ago the same question was put to WIS when WIS was still WIS. WIS said that this would happen for the next update.( yea right ) Flash ahead a couple of years and FOX Sports bought WIS and again the same question was put to Fox Sports. FOX said that it would be done the next update. ( yea right ) Flash ahead a few more years and SPORTSHUB bought WIS from FOX and I'll bet you that when you post that same question to them SPORTSHUB will give you the same answer. The next update and I will say YEA RIGHT. Seeing is believing.
We can cry all we want but moving the 1%er is next to impossible. Yea right.
11/14/2018 1:52 AM
Posted by mickyminn on 11/2/2018 7:21:00 AM (view original):
I'm an old guy, so I don't know what the names are for modern college football formations, but very few college teams put the QB under center anymore. We need formations that put the QB 5 yards behind the center, but still have two TE's and an RB or two RB's and a TE. Right now we only have SG, which can do fun things, but I would like to have an RB back there with the QB.
I sent in a ticket asking the same thing, was told new formations would be in place 6 months after bagchuckers final forum post.
11/14/2018 7:24 AM
12 Next ▸
When are they going to modernize formations? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.