When are they going to modernize formations? Topic

progress.........................
11/14/2018 8:07 AM
Posted by pyt100 on 11/14/2018 7:24:00 AM (view original):
Posted by mickyminn on 11/2/2018 7:21:00 AM (view original):
I'm an old guy, so I don't know what the names are for modern college football formations, but very few college teams put the QB under center anymore. We need formations that put the QB 5 yards behind the center, but still have two TE's and an RB or two RB's and a TE. Right now we only have SG, which can do fun things, but I would like to have an RB back there with the QB.
I sent in a ticket asking the same thing, was told new formations would be in place 6 months after bagchuckers final forum post.
Bag dude, it's time to retire your username. Suggestion for new one; instead of Bagchucker : "Totetosser" :)
11/14/2018 10:44 AM (edited)
By improvising a coach can replicate some of "todays" formations. I recommend recruiting a few WR's with good strength, above average speed and great elusiveness. Using the shotgun formation and positioning the pre described WR in the WR3 position you can replicate the "Pistol" and run an effective "Jet Sweep" by giving the WR3 100% outside run. Against a nickel or dime this can be a very lethal run offense and can compliment your passing game. The same can by accomplished with trips which also gives you the inside run game option.
11/14/2018 12:17 PM

By improvising a coach can replicate some of "todays" formations. I recommend recruiting a few WR's with good strength, above average speed and great elusiveness. Using the shotgun formation and positioning the pre described WR in the WR3 position you can replicate the "Pistol" and run an effective "Jet Sweep" by giving the WR3 100% outside run. Against a nickel or dime this can be a very lethal run offense and can compliment your passing game. The same can by accomplished with trips which also gives you the inside run game option.

Love this post +1.

nitros (James)

11/14/2018 1:08 PM
◂ Prev 12
When are they going to modernize formations? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.