Hobbs waitlist for Season 46 is open. We'll have the bulk of the openings identified in the next couple weeks. If you're looking for a better world to test your HBD chops, read on.

We've made some changes to keep upgrading the competition level, so read the "Why Join Hobbs?" and "The Owners We Want" sections below. If all that sounds good to you, sm blanch13.

Why Join Hobbs?
Reason #1: We ALWAYS start shortly after rollovers (within hours or a couple of days, and it's trending toward a couple of hours). We don't wait around for old owners after roll - we replace if they're not in.

Reason #2: Of 140 HBD worlds, Hobbs' owners rank...
#4 in combined winning percentage (52.15%)
#4 in percentage of seasons its owners have made the playoffs (46.3%)
#1 in World Series Wins (230)
(Spring 2019)

Reason #3: We have extended our mwr to a 4-year, 55/120/190/265 requirement. This should improve our parity over time and cut down the incidence of soft tanking. We are investigating other ways to improve parity and up the competition level, so if that's what you're looking for we are definitely heading in that direction.

Reason #4: We enforce our private world rules (a minimum win requirement is our primary one) without exception. Our owners understand that doing what you say you're going to do (aka enforcing your rules) attracts better owners, raises the competition level, and offers an all-round superior HBD experience.

Reason #5: Thanks to a couple of consistent contributors we have made our blog one of the best. Regular in-depth pre-season previews of every team, trade analyses, power rankings, draft reviews and owner interviews are some of our regular items
(https://hobbsnews.blogspot.com). Here's what our owners say:
  • "Man do I think all the blog content is awesome. Thanks to all who contribute!"
  • "I agree , the blog adds an element to this world that none of the other worlds I've been in have."
  • "Big props on the blog. I know how time consuming it is and you're doing a really great job."
  • "Agreed. A good blog makes a world and right now, this blog is by far the best."
  • "Wow! Nice write-up. It's as if my thoughts were put down on paper by osmosis! .....really though...nice job analyzing the roster...you have a keen eye for talent and a great way of conveying the message on the blog. Kudos to you!"
Reason #6: We are one of the few worlds that maintains a near year-round, active recruitment campaign to bring in high-quality owners. We're always getting referrals from our existing owners (24 from 17 different owners last season), and we stay in touch with those referrals forever (unless they tell us to stop). It's not that we won't accept other qualified owners...it's just another way we try to improve Hobbs a little at a time over a long time.

The Owners We Want
> At least 8 complete HBD Seasons
> 50%+ winning percentage
> At least 1 Championship
> You want to compete at the highest level. You don't want to (and don't) soft-tank, skirting the mwr for 9 seasons and building a super-team...you regard that strategy as a loophole that requires no skill whatsoever.

Available Teams
Coming soon

About World Roy Hobbs
Roy Hobbs is a highest caliber-of-play HBD world without restrictions on team movement, names or stadiums (no Major-League or similar themes). We have a minimum win requirement of 55 in one season, 120 over 2 seasons, 190 over 3 seasons, and 265 over 4 seasons. We also require competitive minor-league teams.

We do have one other Private World Rule which is unique. We have an "Individual Player Salary Cap" of $20mm on the first year of a contract (any combination of salary + bonus), and a $15MM cap on subsequent years of the contract (does not apply to IFA bonuses).

What To Do
If you have an interest in talking with us about joining Roy Hobbs, sitemail blanch13 or post below.
1/20/2020 2:05 PM (edited)
Count me in if still available
9/17/2019 8:05 PM
Season 45
1. tytabs
2. justinuv
3. gogogadget
4. meahsdaddy
11/13/2019 8:30 PM (edited)
Please add me to the waitlist, this is my second time asking!
1/22/2020 10:26 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.