Got the cheat codes Topic

and then there's this

i always say Underwear but he says Rockin Chair

maybe i'm crazy i don know

but cross the threshold we will go

11/6/2018 8:50 PM
Posted by FB_Trap on 11/6/2018 8:58:00 PM (view original):
having spent a number of seasons being in the same conference as mfn in Camp, i wouldn't say he's cheating. he's just exploiting flaws in the game, specifically the well known issues with the passing game. is that kind of lame? sure. do all his championships come with an asterisk? sure. if WIS ever fixes said b.s. flaws, will he fall back into mediocrity? probably.

but is he cheating? no.
do you regret spending money to give people equal access to something you suspected was cheap

my opinion it was good what you did

but it was also something someone does when they wish something isn't true so they can go on believing

maybe generous not good

anyway, you get a plus one in my book for the effort and expense
11/6/2018 9:00 PM
Nice song Bag. So I contribute this-One of the All Time Classics-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCuiN2JnjpE
11/6/2018 9:22 PM
two different topics. but since you asked, no i don't regret it. and while i'm not sure what you think i was wishing was true, what i was thinking was that Yatzr was a good tool, but it was bad that not everyone had full access to it. so i made that happen, at least for a short while. unfortunately, or fortunately depending how you look at it, my experiment, thanks to SportsHub's breaking Yatzr, never ran long enough to prove or disprove my theory that full access would level the GD playing field a bit.

as for the topic in this thread, i don't think mfn is doing anything that anyone couldn't effectively replicate if they were willing to resort to using cheap exploits. so, i don't characterize what he's doing as cheating, as the exploits, lame as they are, are available to everyone. i just think it's ridiculous the flaws haven't been dealt with yet. that's the real hanging offense, imo.
11/6/2018 9:45 PM (edited)
i think you were wishing that if you bought everyone a shot the party would continue

i appreciate that kind of thinking
11/6/2018 10:45 PM
Posted by FB_Trap on 11/6/2018 9:45:00 PM (view original):
two different topics. but since you asked, no i don't regret it. and while i'm not sure what you think i was wishing was true, what i was thinking was that Yatzr was a good tool, but it was bad that not everyone had full access to it. so i made that happen, at least for a short while. unfortunately, or fortunately depending how you look at it, my experiment, thanks to SportsHub's breaking Yatzr, never ran long enough to prove or disprove my theory that full access would level the GD playing field a bit.

as for the topic in this thread, i don't think mfn is doing anything that anyone couldn't effectively replicate if they were willing to resort to using cheap exploits. so, i don't characterize what he's doing as cheating, as the exploits, lame as they are, are available to everyone. i just think it's ridiculous the flaws haven't been dealt with yet. that's the real hanging offense, imo.
No disrespect, but it sounds like mfn is playing what GD is, and you're playing what you wish GD was. Sort of like thinking you can go for it on 4th down every time. A lot of coaches (myself included) have fallen into that trap. Hell, in real football, the B1G used to whine like ******* about the SEC over-signing, until Meyer showed them that it worked at tOSU. If there's an advantage within the rules that you're not using, you're not trying hard enough.
11/7/2018 7:31 AM
I'm curious what cheap exploits can be done offensively at the D3 level. With the vanilla gameplanning that would be tough?
11/7/2018 10:06 AM
If someone has the cheat codes please send them to me in a very detailed step by step private message, and I will definitely make sure that GD fixes it so they can't be used. Promise.
11/7/2018 10:17 AM
your point is taken, scrodz. maybe it is time to give up the dream of playing a sim that uses at least passably (pun intended?) realistic logic. maybe i should embrace the flawed advantages of the passing game and exploit them as the easy if unrealistic path to victory. maybe we all should.

but it wouldn't be much of a sim then, would it?

you're right that players are welcome to take advantage of the game's flaws, no matter how lame i personally think that may be. so, forget mfn, forget anyone who's doing it. what remains is still the ridiculousness that these issues continue to exist. that's what gets me, because on the surface these things don't seem terribly hard to address.

look, if there weren't things about the game i'm still enjoying, if i weren't obsessed with someday beating mfn in a title game without resorting to a Chuck-the-Ball Pro Set offense, then i wouldn't be here pointing out issues and venting frustration. in a normal business/customer relationship, discussions like this would tend to result in action being taken to improve the product. but with WIS/SportsHub ...

i would close with a "namaste" or something nice, but, honestly, after this midterm election, i'm ready for an extinction level event. either that or recruiting.
11/7/2018 2:07 PM
Posted by FB_Trap on 11/7/2018 2:07:00 PM (view original):
your point is taken, scrodz. maybe it is time to give up the dream of playing a sim that uses at least passably (pun intended?) realistic logic. maybe i should embrace the flawed advantages of the passing game and exploit them as the easy if unrealistic path to victory. maybe we all should.

but it wouldn't be much of a sim then, would it?

you're right that players are welcome to take advantage of the game's flaws, no matter how lame i personally think that may be. so, forget mfn, forget anyone who's doing it. what remains is still the ridiculousness that these issues continue to exist. that's what gets me, because on the surface these things don't seem terribly hard to address.

look, if there weren't things about the game i'm still enjoying, if i weren't obsessed with someday beating mfn in a title game without resorting to a Chuck-the-Ball Pro Set offense, then i wouldn't be here pointing out issues and venting frustration. in a normal business/customer relationship, discussions like this would tend to result in action being taken to improve the product. but with WIS/SportsHub ...

i would close with a "namaste" or something nice, but, honestly, after this midterm election, i'm ready for an extinction level event. either that or recruiting.
The day you accept this game has very little to do with football, and great it as just a generic game, is the day you will enjoy the game alot more.
11/7/2018 2:37 PM
I have to say ditto to Realist. It does have many similarities to football. But after all it is just a digital simulation with it's strengths and weaknesses.
So to get the most out of it and I believe will bring you greater GD happiness(no one likes losing forever) , it helps to play the game for what it is and not what it pretends to simulate.
11/7/2018 3:07 PM
It's a spreadsheet, with a facade of football terminology covering cell names and formulas.
11/7/2018 4:16 PM
well damn Bob....now I dont want to play anymore .........................
11/7/2018 5:32 PM
I hate spreadsheets.....god, I used to love ‘em though....
11/7/2018 8:35 PM
Posted by bagchucker on 11/6/2018 10:45:00 PM (view original):
i think you were wishing that if you bought everyone a shot the party would continue

i appreciate that kind of thinking
11/7/2018 9:09 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Got the cheat codes Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.