I am running Trips only and I have one formation and game plan in which I pass exclusively to the TE and RB.

Are these two covered by the LBs?

If so, what are the key matchup(s) I need to look for in trying to determine if this ideas is good when I am looking at my opponents defensive player’s attributes?

Some games one of these two won’t catch but 1/3 of what is thrown to them...I assume some of that at is on the QB, but is some of that attributed to coverage?

Thanks for any insight...private messages are okay if you rather not post here.

Thanks...SmokePants (Peter)
11/10/2018 10:52 AM
Coverage is a digital variety of "zone." The LB's and safeties are often involved in covering the RB's and TE's, but there may not be any one-on-one match-ups to try to exploit. You could look at the LB's and safeties as a group and see if you want to focus your attack that way. Good luck.
11/10/2018 12:08 PM
Poor completion percentage is also due to the formation IQ of your receivers. I see that the form IQ of all of your RBs and TEs is 60 and below. That's not very good, so that's probably part of it.
11/10/2018 1:52 PM
I think the safeties are only responsible for covering the depth in your play call (Short/Medium/Long), and the LBs handle the RBs and TEs. I'm not sure how exploitable this is from Trips since you only have two receivers against roughly two coverage LBs. It might be a good matchup against Dime. As far as attributes, definitely look for low formation IQ. Speed, GI, Tech, and Athleticism probably play a small role as well.
11/10/2018 3:30 PM
TE/RB are covered by LB except in in the Long/Deep depth which is exclusively the S. All defense is zone which means that the coverage group is treated as a group and the average of the defensive players is used, modified by the next closest defensive group.

If you are trying to exclusively use RB/TE, then you need to compare the attributes of the receiver (RB or TE) vs. the average of the coverage group. The next closest defensive group is determined by the location of the pass on the field. So, if you throw long, the primary defensive group will be S, modified by LB if the CB are covering short or CB if the LB are covering short and so forth.

Hope this makes sense.

nitros (James)
11/10/2018 7:13 PM
Don't throw long. It's a losing bet. That's all you need to know, really.
11/10/2018 9:37 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.