Recruiting against SIM AI D2 Heisman Topic

Background: Heisman DII recruiting

When recruiting started yesterday many players were already red, and considering Sim AI schools. We haven't reached the 24hr initial response period yet, so I haven't received any scouting reports back. Everyone says not to go after players who are considering other schools because it gets expensive and can cripple your ability to sign decent players.
What about against Sim coaches? The undecided players don't seem worth fighting for and I have $84,000 budget to sign 12 players. -$1200 for scholorships and a few thousand on scouting reports of players I'll decide not to persue, I should be able to spend an average of $6000 on each player. I'll likely save some money on players in my 360, and spend more on players further away, but I'm hoping to get better players than I have in the past, so I'm thinking about fighting the Sim owners for red dotted recruits.
Should I stick to undecided players and a few red dots? Am I dooming myself to AC signings if I go after too many red dots? Are there tricks to beating Sim owners who are after the same players? Thanks for any input you may have!
11/13/2018 2:13 AM
You have to go after SIM recruits. Stay in your 360 and get the best recruits you can. Just jump on them hard and get them all green the first day. I find that 4-5 CVs the 2nd cycle will push 80% of the SIMs off, then you can concentrate on flipping the remaining yellows. The trick is to get as many good recruits as you can cheap to free up cash for battles.and recruits further away.
11/13/2018 5:07 AM
Thanks scrodz. I usually only do a AC scouting report for the first 24hr period so I'm not wasting money on low potential guys. I also find that linemen in my 360 are pretty quick and cheap to turn green
11/13/2018 9:17 AM
That wasn't so bad, I saved $60k for my two recruits worth fighting for
11/14/2018 12:40 AM
Recruiting against SIM AI D2 Heisman Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.