Becker 4-3 5-1
Nazareth 4-3 3-3
Ozarks 4-3 6-0
Concordia 4-3 1-5
Dickinson 3-4 0-4
Franklin 3-4 4-2
Whittier 1-6 0-5

NOTES:
Ozarks and Becker continue to steamroll through the Tournament. Becker’s only loss is against Ozarks in the first game. Becker’s last game is against Franklin. Oddmakers have it as a Pick’em, but bet the farm on Becker for this one.

Ozarks last game is against NYU. NYU lost its most recent game against Becker after a heartbreaking OT loss to Nazareth. This is after NYU thrashed then #1 Franklin by 15. What gives? Coach TrentonJoe: “My team is weak mentally and unable to play consistently. Wins go to our head too easily and losses are taken way to seriously. We plan to have a “mary jane” party prior to our Ozarks game so that we’ll be loose.” Arena officials are ordering extra nachos for the expected second half concession run.

Nazareth is still whooping it up in Rochester after its thrilling OT victory against NYU. It has an easy opponent in Whittier coming next. “Finishing 4-3 is a great showing in the Tournament. We’ll see all these teams again in the NT”, says Coach Kevutz. “Well all of them except Whittier.”. Whittier officials had no comment.

Concordia’s disappointing 1-5 record seems to indicate that changes are coming. Team officials hope that the last win against Whittier and upcoming patsy Dickinson will create some needed momentum entering league play.

Franklin’s 4-2 record portends well for its regular season and expected run in the NT Tourney. “We’ll be fine as long as we don’t play Becker”, says Coach Taggl. When informed that Franklin’s next game is against Becker, Coach Taggl and his staff immediately left the press area with stunned looks on their faces.

It appears that Dickinson and Whittier will be playing for their first tournament win. Game was rescheduled due to lack of ticket sales.
That part about stunned faces - not true! Jennifer notified me immediately

congrats to ab, he has it locked up
1/4/2019 8:49 AM
Team Early Predictions Current Record
Ozarks 4-3 7-0
Becker 4-3 6-1
Nazareth 4-3 4-3
NYU 5-2 3-3 will be 4-3
Franklin 3-4 4-3
Concordia 4-3 2-5
Whittier 1-6 1-6
Dickinson 3-4 0-6 will be 0-7

No real surprises for the final two games – Whittier did get a win against Dickinson to finish at 1-6 for the tournament. Dickinson now gets to be NYU’s beeetch for their final game. The only good thing to come out of this match-up is that NYU’s RPI/SOS will take a dip.

Concordia finished well with 2 wins in a row. The Tournament seems to have helped solidify this team as it just upset #10 Palm Beach Atlantic. A signature win for sure!

Franklin finishes in a tie for 4th place but is relegated to 5th due to its epic flop against NYU. The Taggl and TrentonJoe coaching rivalry is only just beginning to heat up.

NYU has already anointed itself a winner against Dickinson – so why even play this last game? Tournament officials have deemed it playable for the good of the sport. Not sure what that even means… Coach TrentonJoe certainly is disappointed with the team’s performance and is eating a bit a crow. Who can forget his epic line - “I’m winning this ****.” 11/16/2018, 7:51pm. I didn't forget.

Nazareth did get the benefit of a forfeit win, but as Coach Kevutz says, “Its in the W column, that is all I care about.” Beating NYU in OT certainly was a signature win that NT officials will not ignore come NT time.

The Becker juggernaut continues to roll and is expected to challenge for the NT Championship. Finishing 6-1 and in second place should keep Carlbuzz hungry enough to keep the team motivated through what will be a cakewalk conference schedule.

Ozarks takes the Big Enchilada Trophy going undefeated. Average margin of victory was over 16 points although that was certainly aided by a 38 point beatdown at the hands of Dickinson. Congrats! Now go win the NT!!

Next season’s tournament roster is being finalized – remember to hold off on scheduling any games if you are planning on joining the party.
1/4/2019 5:35 PM
"NYU has already anointed itself a winner against Dickinson – so why even play this last game? Tournament officials have deemed it playable for the good of the sport. Not sure what that even means… Coach TrentonJoe certainly is disappointed with the team’s performance and is eating a bit a crow. Who can forget his epic line - “I’m winning this ****.” 11/16/2018, 7:51pm. I didn't forget. "

I eat more than a little crow in my life. It's commonplace when you're an ******* from NJ. Which breads a special kind of *******.
1/5/2019 8:29 PM
We’re full and Sportsbulls will get the schedule out very soon. Again, congrats to ab for winning this. I don’t think we’ve ever had a team go undefeated. Stay tuned!
1/6/2019 12:20 AM
Schedule coming out very soon. Don't schedule any other non conference games. I need to figure out a few things with the conference match between Whittier and Eastbay and how it's gonna fit in.
1/7/2019 10:57 AM
Gosh, so sorry, been so busy, always done, busiest I've been in a while. Will be out soon.
1/9/2019 10:49 PM
Sorry for the long wait. The schedule will be posted below. I will change it around for next year, but for this year it had to be like this due to previous scheduled games. Please check over your team and make sure you have 9 games, vs every team, with either 4 or 5 home games before you schedule any games. Please wait until tomorrow to accept game requests in case you guys notice any errors I made. Thanks!

Slot 1:
U.S. Coast Guard @ NYU
Denison @ Becker
Concordia @ Eastbay
Franklin @ Whittier
Loras @ Methodist

Slot 2:
Methodist @ Franklin
Concordia @ NYU
Becker @ Whittier
Loras @ U.S. Coast Guard
Eastbay @Denison

Slot 3:
NYU @ Franklin
Eastbay @ Becker
U.S. Coast Guard @ Whittier
Concordia @ Methodist
Loras @ Denison

Slot 4:
U.S. Coast Guard @ Franklin
Whittier @ NYU
Denison @ Methodist
Becker @ Concordia
Eastbay @ Loras

Slot 5:
NYU @ Eastbay
Methodist @ Whittier
Denison @ U.S. Coast Guard
Becker @ Loras
Franklin @ Concordia

Slot 6:
Franklin @ Eastbay
NYU @ Becker
Methodist @ U.S. Coast Guard
Loras @ Concordia
Whittier @ Denison

Slot 7:
Becker @ Franklin
Methodist @ NYU
U.S. Coast Guard @ Concordia
Loras @ Whittier
Denison and Eastbay do not have a game for this tourney during this slot.

Slot 8:
U.S. Coast Guard @ Becker
Eastbay @ Methodist
Franklin @ Denison
NYU @ Loras
Whittier @ Concordia

Slot 9:
Denison @ NYU
Methodist @ Becker
Eastbay @ U.S. Coast Guard
Franklin, Loras, Whittier, and Concordia do not have a game for this tourney during this slot.

Slot 10:
Concordia @ Denison
Franklin @ Loras
NYU, Becker, Eastbay, Methodist, U.S. Coast Guard, and Whittier do not have a game for this tourney during this slot.

Conference Game (TBD):
Whittier @ Eastbay
1/12/2019 6:42 PM (edited)
Again, please wait a few hours to accept game requests, thanks!
1/12/2019 6:38 PM (edited)
You can schedule now games now! Good luck.
1/13/2019 4:53 PM
Still waiting on Trentonjoe at NYU to schedule, then we'll be set.
1/15/2019 2:33 PM
Done. Sorry about the delay. Real life bested me for the last few fays
1/16/2019 10:30 AM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 1/16/2019 10:30:00 AM (view original):
Done. Sorry about the delay. Real life bested me for the last few fays
No worries.
1/16/2019 11:27 PM
Schedule coming soon.
1/30/2019 12:17 AM
Pre Tournament Review – Knight D3 NonConf Classic Season 127

Its Non-Conference Tournament time – thanks to all who have chosen to participate!

NYUCoach TrentonJoe has been abnormally quiet in the days leading up to this Tournament. Gotta wonder what he has planned after a disappointing showing last season. Must admit that NYU’s Sweet 16 finish in the NT was validation enough. NYU has some outside shooters this season and will look to hit 3s all season long. Senior PG J. Braman will be leading this team - solid ballhandler and passer. This team isn’t in the pre-season rankings, but will be by the end of the season.

US Coast GuardCoach Spamuel has to be excited about his Senior laden starting 5. SF – D. Stengel can work inside or outside. The remainder of the frontline will provide a strong inside presence as well. Coach S has this program on the right track with 3 straight NT appearances. Preseason rank #7.

DenisonCoach the0nlyis is playing an abbreviated Tournament schedule – says its competition driven, but word is that the Athletic Department is on an austerity budget and can’t schedule many away games. Either way, the team is loaded and has already beat last year’s NT Runner Up UCSC by 13. Team is led by SF Bill McTush (known affectionately to Denison fans as “Tushy McTushface”) Super athletic team that plays a suffocating full court press.

Becker – Preseason rank of #14 might be a bit low for this team. No doubt voters (and bettors) were still fuming over Becker’s 1st round exit in last year’s NT. Coach Carlbuzz brings in 5 Freshmen who figure to get some early season playing time. The defense is anchored by C-Ross Bak who figures to average a double double this season.

ConcordiaCoach JamesPAn is looking for its 5th straight NT appearance and intends to do it the old fashioned way with solid passing and inside scoring. Junior SF J James will be looking to increase his 12 PPG. Starting 5 Team Speed will create fits for opposing teams. Above average FT shooting team will take that Speed advantage to the line.

EastbayCoach Sportsbulls second year at the helm will not be much easier. Should be able to improve on its 2 win season… maybe…. Eastbay doesn’t shy away from competition though and lobbied hard to get in Non-Conf tourney. Comes from the always strong, always dominant SoCal Conference. Lost by only 3 to a clearly superior Nazareth team has to have the Eastbay faithful looking for improvement.

Franklin – Looks very strong this upcoming season, with Coach Taggl giddy about its chances in winning the whole Non-Conf Classic. “I’m tired of Sweet 16s, I need me a NT Championship!” Scoring will come from the outside and will most likely be at a furious pace too. Team is led by Sr SG G Leach and PG W. Allen. Part time starter C- C Snow should be logging large minutes this season and provide the necessary inside presence to clean-up on the boards.

WhittierCoach JLKennedy44 brings in the 2nd ranked recruiting class to the tournament. Unfortunately, these freshmen are all projects and will take time to gel. In the meantime, freshman mistakes will abound and be the team’s downfall this year. Hard to believe that the Whittier Administration puts up with the team subpar performances year after year. This year will probably be no different.

Loras – New to the Non-Conf Tournament is Coach Charlieboe’s team. This team is NOT new to the NT Tournament though with 19 straight appearances. The hicks from Iowa play fast and loose and fast again. The offense runs through Senior PG K Sanner who has averaged over 20 points a game the past two seasons.

MethodistCoach byeags25 appears to be in rebuild mode and brings a young team to its first Non-Conf Tourney. Team will makes it living from the beyond the arc behind Juniors M Johnson and R Sweeney. Stop those two, and Methodist will have a hard time scoring.

Pre-Tournament Predictions
TEAM NAME W L
Franklin 8 1
NYU 7 2
Becker 6 3
US Coast Guard 5 4
Loras 5 4
Denison (with 3 forfeits?) 4 5
Concordia 4 5
Methodist 3 6
Whittier 2 7
Eastbay 1 8
1/30/2019 2:11 PM
I didn’t even know the coast guard had a college. I am winning by 20.
1/30/2019 9:08 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...20 Next ▸
Knight D3 Non Conf Classic Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.