Div. III - First day signings Topic

I noticed several schools have many - like between 9 and 14 - signings on the first day signings can take place. How is this possible? What are they doing to work the system?
11/16/2018 6:16 PM
If you have recruited players and have turned them green and you want to sign them, you offer them a scholarship. Then they will sign, as long as you have had a face to face meeting with the player - which is either a scouting trip or a campus visit.

You do all this before signing date, so when signings start, they immediately sign with you.
11/16/2018 6:36 PM
Good advice - but I have done that and it did not result in signings
11/16/2018 8:12 PM
Posted by jorba98 on 11/16/2018 8:12:00 PM (view original):
Wait a minute. The recruits were green to you on the signing day, you had offered them a scholarship, and yet none of them signed? It doesn't work that way.
11/16/2018 9:23 PM
11/16/2018 10:03 PM
I never said they were green. They never turned green. I had home and campus visits and offered scholarships and they never moved off of red. This has been with probably 7 to 10 recruits.
11/17/2018 3:36 AM
Either the red ones you did not put enough effort into or other coaches put enuff more into to sway the recruits to them. Biggest thing you can do in recruiting is BUDGET so you don't end up with the AI taking recruits for you since they will usually be terrible. There are 2 threads pinned at top of gd forums that will help a LOT if you are new to game . Something like Guide to the Game and Fantastic Advice are names of threads.
11/17/2018 4:26 AM
Posted by DeBeque on 11/16/2018 9:23:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jorba98 on 11/16/2018 8:12:00 PM (view original):
Wait a minute. The recruits were green to you on the signing day, you had offered them a scholarship, and yet none of them signed? It doesn't work that way.
Are you I80R20's twin sister?
11/17/2018 5:16 AM
Aw JJohn, treat him gentle . He is new to the game . We were all there once. (But that "is" a lovely paisley summer frock you have on :) .
No kidding Jorba; read what BJ suggested and the threads that I suggested and you will get up to speed much faster than just struggling along till you get it right.
11/17/2018 9:31 AM
Thanks for the reading material ... not sure it will help as I have read some of this before - followed some of this advice in my first season and cannot say it did the trick .. but will try again

unsure what the twin sister remark means.

11/17/2018 2:57 PM
Thanks for the reading material ... not sure it will help as I have read some of this before - followed some of this advice in my first season and cannot say it did the trick .. but will try again

unsure what the twin sister remark means.

11/17/2018 2:57 PM
It's hard to turn red guys green. I wouldn't spend too much on them unless you REALLY want them or you have a lot of extra dough. Those coaches who are signing guys on the first day of signings have already put in the work to get them green before that day.
11/18/2018 2:12 AM
In d3 you only have 3K $ per scholarship. That is not enough money to try turning a lot of red guys green. Higher division you go you have more $ per scholarship. Allows you to go after more players or go to wider distances. Move up would be my suggestion. It would also allow you to used advanced settings and get way more playbooks.
11/18/2018 11:24 AM
I did not know you could "work on" recruits before recruiting period begins. Where does that budget come from?

Pretty much ALL the recruits I saw in my searches were "red," including about 7 that eventually turned "yellow" (though only 2 actually signed). The game manual does NOT imply that you cannot turn these "red" recruits toward your team - in fact, it implies the opposite to me.

Thanks for the info ... will try to be diligent for one more season, but it's a bit frustrating if the game has unstated / unpublished leanings that override the stated rules of the game.

11/18/2018 12:27 PM
To recruit effectively, you have to manage your money effectively, especially at the DIII level. With a $3k limit per scholarship, you don't have much room to window shop. I'd scout the best 2-3 recruits within your 360 for each scholly, and decide who you're going for after the first cycle. With the lack of human coaches, you're not going to have many undecided recruits that you can pick up cheap, and you can only just barely fill a class with recruits you can take from SIMs with the cash available, and ONLY if you jump on them hard right from the start. You'll have to use cheap recruiting tactics as much as possible, so be aware of which recruits you can offer a FR/SO start or playing time right from the start. My goal is to not spend ANYTHING other than an AC scout on any recruit I don't end up signing.Once your vision is high enough to see good undecided recruits, you can sign them for ~$1k, and that frees up $$$ for battles or going for guys outside your 360. If you're up against a human coach, always be aware of what your advantages and disadvantages are. The most important is distance, but look at how many schollies the other guy has (more scollies = more cash), your relative reputations, backup status for you and the other guy, recent success of each team, etc. NEVER battle a guy who has ANY significant advantage; odds are that you will lose the recruit and all the money you put into him.At DIII, lose a battle and you're likely to let your AC finish out your class.
11/18/2018 1:12 PM
12 Next ▸
Div. III - First day signings Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.