Why not merge some worlds. Topic

In my world we have 4 countries and 5 real teams all the rest are AI.
12/4/2018 8:54 AM
Anybody know what happens if a World ends up completely empty? In world 67 there are 5 countries, and I'm the only human player. That means 99 AI teams out of 100.
12/7/2018 10:53 AM
LOL. Tree falling, forest.

12/8/2018 9:28 AM
I agree - I wish I knew someone at YAHOO who could purchase the rights to this game. A site that has heavy traffic and a larger international presence. How much could they want for this game? 100k? or less? or more? regardless it's doing nothing now. And Yahoo could make it free with advertisements.

World 76 has 3 countries and 4 active coaches left.
12/8/2018 1:01 PM
I could fill up a world too but the way they have it set up it's more or less random which world you go into.
12/8/2018 1:03 PM
I sometimes wonder if the SportsHub guys even know this is here. I'm not even being facetious. I was a Beta tester on this game. To my knowledge, only one developer ever worked on it. And I have assumed the entire FCD environment has been on autopilot for years.

12/8/2018 3:11 PM
Posted by damag on 12/8/2018 3:13:00 PM (view original):
I sometimes wonder if the SportsHub guys even know this is here. I'm not even being facetious. I was a Beta tester on this game. To my knowledge, only one developer ever worked on it. And I have assumed the entire FCD environment has been on autopilot for years.

They have tweaked it a bit W-65 and 66 are mirror worlds. Same three countries, used to be 12 hours apart. Totally ridiculous. Now they are 8 days apart. Unfortunately the later world is down to 2 owners. 69 & 70 are mirror worlds now separated by 5 days. Poor world 70 still only a day apart from 59.

Lost so many owners in the switch of owners. Longtime teams that had no idea what their e-mail addresses from 5-6-7 years ago are.

85 and 86 should still thrive due to the longer time between world turnovers that precede them.

Yahoo would be a great partner/owner definitely upping membership, but alas that's a pipe dream
12/9/2018 3:16 AM
I wish they would let us delete our current team and pick up a team in a different world of our choosing. Then they can delete all the empty worlds.
12/9/2018 4:42 PM (edited)
Posted by swampdragonz on 12/9/2018 3:16:00 AM (view original):
Posted by damag on 12/8/2018 3:13:00 PM (view original):

They have tweaked it a bit W-65 and 66 are mirror worlds. Same three countries, used to be 12 hours apart. Totally ridiculous. Now they are 8 days apart. Unfortunately the later world is down to 2 owners. 69 & 70 are mirror worlds now separated by 5 days. Poor world 70 still only a day apart from 59.

Lost so many owners in the switch of owners. Longtime teams that had no idea what their e-mail addresses from 5-6-7 years ago are.

85 and 86 should still thrive due to the longer time between world turnovers that precede them.

Yahoo would be a great partner/owner definitely upping membership, but alas that's a pipe dream
That damn sportshub conversion cost FC Dynasty a lot of really good long-term owners.

If they made a modest coding/time imvestment, they could charge a nominal fee and make some money off of this game.
12/17/2018 10:38 PM
How many worlds are left? Ok, better question how many teams are still left playing FC? I've been playing since beta and remember being on a waiting list to be assigned to a world. Now we only have 5 or 6 teams in world 70 with 3 countries with an 2nd division USA. I never understood why they added the second division because when they decided to add the second division world 70 was half full an losing 3-4 teams every season.
12/26/2018 12:34 PM
I've been a member at this site since 2006. I started here playing basketball for 17 seasons. Baseball for 5 seasons, and that is very time consuming game. I also played football for a number of seasons and I have to say I never got the knack of recruiting. Seems that game spends more time on recruiting then the actual season. Even before sportshub bought this site, WIS seemed to be in financial difficulty. They started this project with a thought of drawing people to the site with a free game, hoping that you will try your favorite sport for money. Plus I think the original plan was to work more on this game, making it more like a true soccer season with with a champions league and yellow cards [5] lead to suspensions and the like. I would pay for this game with improvements and maybe only one or two worlds. Instead of a bunch of worlds, why not have lower divisions? Nothing wrong learning this game from a 4th division and working your way to the 3rd.
That being said, I think I've had enough. I have friends here, so I stay, but it will soon come time to say Good Bye.
1/20/2019 5:47 PM
Sportshub bought a database of people that play fantasy sports. They don't really care about the simulation games. Sportshub will continue to use WhatIfSports as a marketing tool as long as it does not cost much. FC Dynasty does not provide any revenue accept for the players that go to Sportshub main site and "gamble" Bottom line FC Dynasty is a zombie.
1/25/2019 7:43 PM
It's all too bad for all of these dynasty sports, etc. - all could be great with just a bit of tweaking and a contraction of worlds, etc.

I didn;t even know this existed until recently. I have played baseball and joined Football dynasty (entering fourth season), though I don't understand why a handful of players have competed for dozens of seasons at Div. III and don;t move up - I thought that was the point. Anyway - hope this keeps going,
1/25/2019 11:40 PM
Hey jorba, at least there are still new players like you coming in. People with an interest in these kinds of games is the only thing that'll keep them around.

1/26/2019 8:18 AM
jorba, on the football, some just enjoy Div III more than the others. All divisions have the playoff system until you get to D1A and then its bowl games. So you actually get more games, or the possibility of more games at the lower levels. I currently have teams at D1A and Div II. I enjoy Div II because of the playoffs and also of the player growth. Makes recruiting a little more interesting in that you need to develop the players at that level a little more than you do at D1A.
As for soccer I am just getting into it also. Few things I wish were different but just takes time and patience I guess.
1/29/2019 11:57 AM
Why not merge some worlds. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.