RATE MY TEAM!! :) Topic

If you are an old-school WIS lifer, you are probably chuckling to yourself and remembering the good ol' days - the days where I would go on tirades when people would post cookie-cutter teams and then ask for public opinion on how they put together their roster......and they all looked the same..... Haha.... Those were the days.

I haven't played in about 4 years. And I'm long past the days of having 30-40 active teams at a time. I've spent the last 4 year diving deeper into family, relationships, and becoming a better pastor and leader. WIS used to be my life, and now it seems like a past life.... But I met a bunch of quality people here and I really enjoyed the friendships. I miss that. Thank you to all of you that I have had the pleasure of interacting with. You are all top-notch!

I'm checking in and thinking about playing an open league just for kicks. Definitely not planning on getting back into this on a regular basis. Has anything fundamentally changed in the last 4 years?

-Chris-

12/6/2018 12:51 AM
Welcome back (ish)!

The sim hasn't fundamentally changed. You would still do well to ignore home runs and focus on speedy switch hitting slap hitters.

What did change is that they had dynamic pricing for a while, so some old cookies had their prices jacked way way up. So you'll have to find different speedy switch hitting slap hitters and deadball pitchers than you used before.
12/6/2018 7:53 AM
Launch angle has yet to enter the WIS lexicon, clearly.
12/6/2018 2:16 PM
I've been around long enough to both avail myself of what I thought was proper posting (i.e. "rate my team") and to mock those who did so. I have to admit that in my early days of playing the SIM, there would be good feedback from some of the old vets when they were asked. I still try helping new players get their arms wrapped around certain concepts. It seems as if ballpark choice and fielding remain under rate, or at least underestimated, by our newer brethren. Always wanted to use the word brethren in a post, BTW.
12/6/2018 5:35 PM
So, not much has changed... I just entered a team into an open league. We'll see how it goes. I may even stick around for a theme league or two....
12/8/2018 10:40 PM
Never heard of you...Lol

Welcome back...

2018 player seasons should be uploaded soon. Staff is shorthanded

12/8/2018 11:27 PM
Posted by DoctorKz on 12/8/2018 11:28:00 PM (view original):
Never heard of you...Lol

Welcome back...

2018 player seasons should be uploaded soon. Staff is shorthanded

You must be new here....... haha

If the 2018 players haven't been added at this point, that might be a telling sign of where the site is at.....
12/9/2018 6:53 PM
Seble spoke out a few months ago that a few of the other sports were getting some much needed updates, and SLB would get updated a month or so after that. He had been working alone when the latest acquisition took place, but that help has been hired, and they are working on it...
12/9/2018 9:15 PM
RATE MY TEAM!! :) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.