gripe about opponent player ratings... Topic

Posted by Vitamin_C on 12/10/2018 5:11:00 PM (view original):
What I am saying is that the projections at 18 or 20 ADV would give you a better understanding of a players true potential than anything in real life. it isn't even close.

THAT is why the data you are wishing for doesn't exist. It is a sim and the two are only parallel as much as possible, but certain things are completely different and necessarily so for the end result to be similarity to real life.

The best way to get what you are advocating for is to also re-introduce the 1st round busts back into the game.
That was cried about much more loudly than this "issue".

The statement "Just can't tell me that more info wouldn't be available if I was the Red Sox trading JD Martinez for prospects...I'd know a lot about the prospects (and so would fans)." is just not factually correct. You could see stats of their minor league career thus far, just as you can in this sim, and that is about it.

If the above statement were true you wouldn't have so many example of BL squads trading superstars for a package of prospects who don't pan out. It happens OFTEN, which indicates that for all their "info" they are still just guessing and hoping. They have no quantifiable numbers like we do in HBD.
I get it - they are trying to add a strategic wrinkle. (I mentioned that in my first post).
12/10/2018 5:37 PM
"The best way to get what you are advocating for is to also re-introduce the 1st round busts back into the game. That was cried about much more loudly than this "issue"."

This part is the key. People (myself included) often gripe about something, and then we complain about the solution. The developers are somewhat limited - they can't always give it to us both ways. It's either A or B, and hopefully they select the best option for the quality of the game.
12/11/2018 9:45 AM
Posted by Vitamin_C on 12/10/2018 11:07:00 AM (view original):
More people spend $ on ADV than before the "fix".

You can't on the one hand not spend money on ADV and then complain that you don't know the history. ADV makes the history less important.

Saying that you can "definitely follow development" in RL is not really true, simply because in real life players don't have neat little concrete numbers for all of these categories. Real life is MUCH fuzzier...
ADV should simply be 1 unit = 1 development interval.

0 ADV = you don't even get to see the development that is occurring within the season you are in.
1 ADV = you get to see the most recent
10 ADV = the past 10 intervals, into last season
20 = the past 20, about 3 seasons worth. Long enough to track patterns, if guys are slowing down or speeding up, what season a DITR occurred and how big it was. Linear. Simple.

Under the existing config, ADV has literally no value to any owner with 10+ seasons under their belt
12/11/2018 4:42 PM

You can't on the one hand not spend money on ADV and then complain that you don't know the history. ADV makes the history less important.

Saying that you can "definitely follow development" in RL is not really true, simply because in real life players don't have neat little concrete numbers for all of these categories. Real life is MUCH fuzzier...

0 ADV = you don't even get to see the development that is occurring within the season you are in.
20 = the past 20, about 3 seasons worth. Long enough to track patterns, if guys are slowing down or speeding up, what season a DITR occurred and how big it was. Linear. Simple.

Under the existing config, ADV has literally no value to any owner with 10+ seasons under their belt
12/11/2018 4:42 PM
Posted by pjfoster13 on 12/11/2018 4:42:00 PM (view original):

I was done with ADV after season 1 and if I had a choice I would not have used it even for my first season.
12/11/2018 6:16 PM
◂ Prev 12
gripe about opponent player ratings... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.