Just curious to know if this has ever happened to anyone before. Recruiting has never been a problem for me, but this time around I had 11 scholarships to fill and absolutely could not turn anyone green. I seriously only had 2 recruits turn green. Two were yellow and never turned green despite 7 CV and 4 HC. Any ideas?
12/17/2018 10:36 PM
I am relatively new to this .. only entering third season. First season I think I snared about 7 or 8 with green; second season, only 2 or 3 and I spent ALL my recruiting money. So, no I do not have an answer. Just confirming a similar situation.
12/18/2018 10:20 AM
The only thing that comes to mind is that you were recruiting potentially out of your vision. You may have set your list before the world rolled over and then tried to recruit players that switched to out of your vision. Even though you are coming off a good season, it was a relative downgrade since Huntingdon was winning NCs every year.
12/18/2018 2:41 PM

The only thing that comes to mind is that you were recruiting potentially out of your vision. You may have set your list before the world rolled over and then tried to recruit players that switched to out of your vision.

Assuming you did not do really odd things, the above is the most likely culprit. Don't set your list until the season rolls over.

nitros

12/18/2018 3:23 PM
OK .. new season and into recruiting. I had a much better outcome this time, thanks to assistance from a few folks. Thank you. I still do not know what happened this year. The one thing I did different is I only pursued Undecided recruits. I did not land as many high values as some other teams, but I am satisfied with most of those that signed (on Day 1 of recruiting).

One question - there was money leftover in recruiting budget (last season I had 0 leftover). Will this money be carried over or does it just disappear?

Thanks.
12/20/2018 5:35 PM
You only keep a % of the $$$. I think 25%.

nitros
12/20/2018 6:26 PM
Yep, 25%
12/20/2018 9:16 PM
At DIII you just don't have enough recruiting $$$$ to know off very many recruits with Sims on them. Going after as many undecided recruits with High Potential is a better way to go. And if you get enough undecided's in your favor maybe you would have enough left to knock off the sims on a couple of recruits.
12/21/2018 11:48 AM
Another Div III recruiting question ... I was looking at several Undecided players at the start. These players did things like turn down home and campus visits, send discouraging correspondence, etc. Now I see that a day before recruiting ing period ends that they are ALL still undecided ... should I have pursued them after the rejections? Would it have been worth it or would it have been a waste of money?
12/23/2018 11:43 PM
You should have still pursued them. Next time if they turned all those down, try scouting trips. You don't get as much bang for your buck(IMO) with them but they can't be turned down. Once you have some of them on the player they will often accept the other face to faces.
12/24/2018 12:03 AM
For that matter, if you have recruiting resources left you can still pursue them.
12/24/2018 1:53 PM
Thanks - I actually tried all 3 with different guys - scouting, home visits and campus visits - I could understand if they had anyone else pursuing them .. but all were Undecided and I think as the hours wane, remain so ...
12/24/2018 2:57 PM
Well, like mojo said, start with scouting. They can't reject those, but they'll generally reject everything else as long as they are undecided or red to you. When you build up enough interest, they will turn yellow to you and you can apply visits of all three types.

When fighting off a sim you have to be aggressive. The longer a sim is on a guy, it is like they become omnipotent -- that can be very frustrating and drain your budget. Good luck!
12/24/2018 3:41 PM
I'm suspicious something changed in the last 9 to 12 months or so. At 1aa, I lose to 1aa sims for recruits in my vision. Got a decent rep as coach, and dropping 20K+ on CVs on by cycle 2. . Yellow. Before 2018, 8K to 12K was what it took to turn green against any 1aa sim, if all is spent on CVs in the 1st cycle. Bump up to 15K on first cycle, and you could beat out any D1a sim. Again, not so much. Regrettably, I'm keeping my team in the soccer world, because it's somewhat predictable.
12/27/2018 8:23 PM
The dollar amount you spend is irrelevant. What you do, the order you do it in, distance, what caliber of recruit you are after, what caliber of team you have, probably other factors I forgot ... those are the relevant things, not the dollars.
12/28/2018 12:49 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.