Justin Verlander’s impossible inning. Topic

Christmas break is here and if you wanna kill some time check this video out. Most of y’all probably wouldn’t give two ***** about Justin Verlander, but he’s my favorite pitcher of all time, and I thought I’d share this video made recently. It’s about how some random inning, in a meaningless game back in 2012, might be the most unhittable inning ever pitched in MLB history. Back before buzzwords like Spin Rate, and StatCast were a thing.

Justin Verlander’s Impossible Inning: A Study in Velocity and Spin Rate
12/23/2018 2:43 AM
Posted by d_rock97 on 12/23/2018 2:44:00 AM (view original):
Christmas break is here and if you wanna kill some time check this video out. Most of y’all probably wouldn’t give two ***** about Justin Verlander, but he’s my favorite pitcher of all time, and I thought I’d share this video made recently. It’s about how some random inning, in a meaningless game back in 2012, might be the most unhittable inning ever pitched in MLB history. Back before buzzwords like Spin Rate, and StatCast were a thing.

This is really cool. Thanks, d_rock. Amazing as those 8th inning fastballs were, the curve was beyond filthy. And he really was walking off the mound before that last pitch was caught.
12/25/2018 12:26 AM
Posted by thunder1008 on 12/25/2018 12:26:00 AM (view original):
Posted by d_rock97 on 12/23/2018 2:44:00 AM (view original):

This is really cool. Thanks, d_rock. Amazing as those 8th inning fastballs were, the curve was beyond filthy. And he really was walking off the mound before that last pitch was caught.
Thanks man. The ending was ******* great. After all those fastballs, with the elite spin rate and all, “oh I forgot one last pitch”.

Curveball.
12/25/2018 12:37 AM
Justin Verlander’s impossible inning. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.