Annual Alumni League - Sorry, no 2020 version Topic

I'll take KU. New here and usually do baseball, so it may take me a bit to understand the rules. What I can gather is your roster consists of players who played at your chosen school except the one wild card who played high school and college in your state.
1/11/2019 12:17 PM
Welcome tigerfan. Your roster will be 12 players from Kansas (using http://www.basketball-reference.com/friv/colleges.cgi), except you MAY (you do not need to) substitute 1 player who attended BOTH High School AND a small (15 or less players in the SIM per above link) College in Kansas and 1 player who attended EITHER High School OR a small College in Kansas (https://www.basketball-reference.com/friv/high_schools.fcgi). These adds must each be under $4 million EACH.

Hope that helps. Please ask any questions you may have. THANKS!
1/11/2019 4:32 PM
Sorry one more question just to make sure. When you say Your roster will be 12 players from Kansas (using http://www.basketball-reference.com/friv/colleges.cgi), you mean KU not the state of Kansas, correct?
1/11/2019 5:09 PM
Correct, former KU Jayhawks.
1/11/2019 5:19 PM
Put me down for LSU if available
1/11/2019 5:23 PM
Posted by sappy on 1/11/2019 5:23:00 PM (view original):
Put me down for LSU if available
I wondered when they'd go. HUGE new player since last season.
1/12/2019 8:36 AM
Since there still seems to be some confusion, thought I'd clarify that ALL adds need to be under $4 million and may NOT have played their college ball at a non-small (15 or more SIM players) college . Hope that helps. Anything else, please ask.

Yesterday's games hopefully stirred-up a few team-loyalty juices. Some really intense games now that Conference play is in full swing.
1/13/2019 10:20 AM (edited)
Do we have no Syracuse or Duke fans around here any longer?
Watching that game didn't make you want to support your team?
1/16/2019 12:11 PM (edited)
Sure it's a bit harder with only 2 adds instead of 3, but that just helps make it different from previous versions.
Look at last season's players and you'll see some great "hole-fillers" that schools never had before.
Come join the WIS March Madness, as this League always is.
1/17/2019 9:26 AM
I'll take ASU.
1/17/2019 9:42 AM
Arizona State to rubnsly. Great.

1/17/2019 12:17 PM
Ice, snow and cold are going to limit the travel of a large number of the NE US's population the next couple days. Maybe some Michigan, Michigan State, Illinois, Indiana, Purdue, Depaul, Marquette, Maryland, Georgetown, St. Johns, Syracuse, Connecticut or others' fans will have time to put teams together and join us.

Of course, we still could use Florida, Florida State, Alabama, Georgia, Georgia Tech and others from the South.

I can't believe nobody has jumped-in to show cmcafeeky how to build a better Kentucky team.

From the midwest, Texas and Oklahoma are always good choices and have some interesting new seasons to use.

Further west, we could use Arizona, USC, Oregon State and Washington, just to name a few off the top of my head.

That's 20+ teams that could be competitive, and I'm sure I'm missing a few. Please consider joining us and/or supporting your favorite college.
1/19/2019 9:01 AM
I’ll give it a shot. I’m not a big college hoops fan so I’ll go with the foreign squad.

can you clarify the “<$2mil rule” please?

Since I’m going foreign, does that mean I can add any one player under $2mil even if he went to a US college?

or is that saying that 11 of my players have to have a salary of over $2 mil and only one can be under $2mil and all 12 have to be foreign?

thanks
1/19/2019 1:58 PM (edited)
One of your players doesn't have to be foreign, but that player has to cost less than $2 Million.
1/19/2019 1:49 PM
fiioe11 is correct. You may add 1 < $2 million small college player to your 11 foreign (NO US college at all) players.
1/19/2019 3:14 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...7 Next ▸
Annual Alumni League - Sorry, no 2020 version Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.