Ask the 'Someone who isn't MikeT' thread. Topic

Posted by cubcub113 on 6/10/2019 6:14:00 PM (view original):
I have a guy who I think can get to 60 SB and 60 homers in AAA of a very proper world.
Jesus. Kenny Stairs is going to be a monster in the majors.
6/11/2019 7:38 AM
Posted by cubcub113 on 6/10/2019 6:14:00 PM (view original):
I have a guy who I think can get to 60 SB and 60 homers in AAA of a very proper world.
Meh. He's only on pace for 50/50.

And yes, an adequate defensive 2B with an OPS flirting with .900 and 50 SB in 65-70 attempts will be a monster.
6/11/2019 10:00 AM
And he's still growing.... like a lot. Also whoops I forgot AAA is only 144 games or whatever.
6/11/2019 1:15 PM
Does the postseason count against service time? I have a guy I'd like to call up from AAA for the stretch run and the playoffs, then send back down for the first 60 games next season. Will that save the service year for him?
6/14/2019 11:17 AM
Does the postseason count against service time?

No.

I have a guy I'd like to call up from AAA for the stretch run and the playoffs, then send back down for the first 60 games next season. Will that save the service year for him?

Yes. But you'll want to send him down before Spring Training begins, and he'll get paid $343K for the whole season, not just the part where he's in the majors.
6/14/2019 1:03 PM
Thanks!
6/14/2019 1:49 PM
Someone in one of my worlds waived their entire major league roster at the end of the season. Is there a strategy to this that I’m missing? (I put claims in on the two best but I’m guessing it’s non-revocable waivers anyway)
6/17/2019 7:36 PM
Sorry I meant to say I’m guessing that it is revocable waivers.
6/17/2019 7:37 PM
Some do that at the end of the season in order to evaluate rosters of other players and pull off some trades. However, there are some owners who don't like end of the season trades because many owners tune out at the end of the season and don't pay attention so bad trades may not have enough vetos. Good commissioners will prevent these lopsided trades from happening at the end of the season.
6/17/2019 7:45 PM
I waive everyone because I demote all players that are pre-arb to AAA to give myself more roster flexibility the next season and so that I'm not paying September callups league minimum.
6/17/2019 10:52 PM
Posted by strikeout26 on 6/17/2019 10:52:00 PM (view original):
I waive everyone because I demote all players that are pre-arb to AAA to give myself more roster flexibility the next season and so that I'm not paying September callups league minimum.
Even if they have a low patience rating? If so, doesn't that lead to lower ratings on the players with low patience?
6/18/2019 6:16 PM
I have never had a player take a demotion penalty when I demote them from the big leagues to AAA during the post-season. I have had players take hit when demoting them from one minor league level to another, but I don't care about those guys anyways. I know other people have said that they have seen big leaguers take hits, but I have never seen it.
6/18/2019 10:52 PM
Offering a FA a max contract (20x5, 10M bonus, Player Option, NTC) pretty early on in FA. Was his top choice the entire time after I made the offer until yesterday.. tonight already is the 'Sign Free-Agents, end' cycle. Am I screwed? Wondering if I should pull the offer and try a last minute offer on someone else? I play in Florida
6/19/2019 1:40 PM
If your not his top choice and cannot be before the cycle ends then you will not get him unless the top choice backs out. Making an offer on another player is entirely up to you. Where your team plays has no bearing on any of this unless I missed something?
6/19/2019 2:11 PM
Posted by brianp87 on 6/19/2019 2:11:00 PM (view original):
If your not his top choice and cannot be before the cycle ends then you will not get him unless the top choice backs out. Making an offer on another player is entirely up to you. Where your team plays has no bearing on any of this unless I missed something?
I thought coach also comes into play.
6/19/2019 11:05 PM
◂ Prev 1...23|24|25|26|27...112 Next ▸
Ask the 'Someone who isn't MikeT' thread. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.