Ask the 'Someone who isn't MikeT' thread. Topic

It absolutely does. If he is at the end of fa should the coaches not already be in place? He said he offered the max and was losing so?
6/20/2019 9:58 AM
One of the hard choices in Free Agency is deciding when to cut off Plan A and go to Plan B, or even if necessary to strike Plan B or C before the other contenders at Plan A fall back to them.

I've seen the "top guy" sign, then the next guy signs, next thing you know the third or fourth guys are getting bigger contracts than the top guy did because the owners who missed out are falling back.

6/20/2019 10:41 AM
First time punting the draft and I want to make sure I don’t screw this up. So the guy says he wants $7 million. I offered it to him and he said he won’t sign. Now I just don’t touch anything and I get a type D pick in that spot next year?
6/22/2019 4:31 PM
Posted by hockey1984 on 6/22/2019 4:31:00 PM (view original):
First time punting the draft and I want to make sure I don’t screw this up. So the guy says he wants $7 million. I offered it to him and he said he won’t sign. Now I just don’t touch anything and I get a type D pick in that spot next year?
Yes.
6/22/2019 4:38 PM
Posted by dedelman on 6/22/2019 4:38:00 PM (view original):
Yes.
If you make no offer do you get the type D pick anyways?
6/23/2019 5:38 AM
No, you have to make an offer at his demands and it has to be rejected.
6/23/2019 8:19 AM
Posted by dschang on 6/23/2019 5:38:00 AM (view original):
Yes.
You have to make an offer to get the supplemental pick. So in order to make sure he doesn't accept your offer, find a player that has mother as his consultant, and put him #1. They never accept.
6/23/2019 8:22 AM
Posted by bjschumacher on 6/23/2019 8:23:00 AM (view original):
Yes.
You have to make an offer to get the supplemental pick. So in order to make sure he doesn't accept your offer, find a player that has mother as his consultant, and put him #1. They never accept.
I've seen ONE "probably won't sign" player accept the initial offer. He ended up going to the HOF, so I don't think the owner was too upset.

6/23/2019 8:34 AM
Posted by damag on 6/23/2019 8:34:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bjschumacher on 6/23/2019 8:23:00 AM (view original):
Yes.
I've seen ONE "probably won't sign" player accept the initial offer. He ended up going to the HOF, so I don't think the owner was too upset.

My guy projected to be decent but not for an 8th overall pick. That was a horrible draft and I planned accordingly. Thank god he didn’t sign.
6/23/2019 9:11 AM
Someone remind me what happens with this weird player I have. Unsigned first rounder; I had some extra money so I signed him to a Major League deal just to see if he'd pan out. He just made the majors in the last season of his deal. Now he doesn't show up next year, in neither my Free Agents nor my Arbitration list. He shows up in the Arb list three seasons out. Anyone know his status and what he makes next year?

6/24/2019 9:46 AM
Posted by damag on 6/24/2019 9:46:00 AM (view original):
Someone remind me what happens with this weird player I have. Unsigned first rounder; I had some extra money so I signed him to a Major League deal just to see if he'd pan out. He just made the majors in the last season of his deal. Now he doesn't show up next year, in neither my Free Agents nor my Arbitration list. He shows up in the Arb list three seasons out. Anyone know his status and what he makes next year?

Please link to the player-- but I'm betting it's $343K.
6/24/2019 10:06 AM
Do you put more stock in ratings or season stats for playoff rosters? I'm talking last few players. and just to confirm, using a player in the ML playoffs who has yet to play in the majors does not burn a year toward arbitration, correct?
6/24/2019 2:40 PM
Posted by dedelman on 6/24/2019 10:06:00 AM (view original):

This dude - Harold Goodrum

6/24/2019 2:41 PM
Sorry to digress, but I am looking to re-activate the league blog. But didn't get any search hits. Any clues how/where to do this?
6/24/2019 3:46 PM
Posted by dedelman on 6/24/2019 10:06:00 AM (view original):

I think this is right. I had a similar deal where I had an unsigned early draftee that I gave an ML contract. Mine was only a 1 year deal, but after that he reverted back to league minimum.
6/24/2019 3:54 PM
◂ Prev 1...24|25|26|27|28...112 Next ▸
Ask the 'Someone who isn't MikeT' thread. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.