Ask the 'Someone who isn't MikeT' thread. Topic

Posted by jamier2003 on 6/24/2019 2:40:00 PM (view original):
Do you put more stock in ratings or season stats for playoff rosters? I'm talking last few players. and just to confirm, using a player in the ML playoffs who has yet to play in the majors does not burn a year toward arbitration, correct?
Ratings and playoff time does not count towards service time.
6/24/2019 4:01 PM
Posted by damag on 6/24/2019 2:41:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dedelman on 6/24/2019 10:06:00 AM (view original):
Posted by damag on 6/24/2019 9:46:00 AM (view original):
Someone remind me what happens with this weird player I have. Unsigned first rounder; I had some extra money so I signed him to a Major League deal just to see if he'd pan out. He just made the majors in the last season of his deal. Now he doesn't show up next year, in neither my Free Agents nor my Arbitration list. He shows up in the Arb list three seasons out. Anyone know his status and what he makes next year?

Please link to the player-- but I'm betting it's $343K.
This dude - Harold Goodrum

Given that very high salary you paid him, I believe that you will have him next year at $500K, with 5% increases each year after that until he is arb-eligible. The other possibility is $343K with the same 5% annual raises (ie 360K, 378K, 396K... the familiar progression).
6/24/2019 4:17 PM
I believe the max renew rate in this game is $500K. So, provided he stays in the majors, you'll get him at that rate for three years -- no raises -- then arb will kick in.
6/24/2019 4:23 PM
What is the tie breaker for Amateur Draft order when three teams tie with the same record? I got the 2 seed in the NL playoffs but the #3 and #6 seeds in the AL had the same record and both had higher expected win %. I went 0-3 against one of them and didn't play the other. That team beat the other team in the season series 6-4.
6/26/2019 11:13 AM
I see this occasionally - I have a player who has no ML service time (when you hover over the zero it reads 0.000 years) and when you look at his stats he has no ML stats for hitting pitching or fielding. But he only has two options. How does a player burn an option without playing?
6/29/2019 6:39 PM
Posted by deroches on 6/29/2019 6:39:00 PM (view original):
I see this occasionally - I have a player who has no ML service time (when you hover over the zero it reads 0.000 years) and when you look at his stats he has no ML stats for hitting pitching or fielding. But he only has two options. How does a player burn an option without playing?
A player burns option time when he's on the 40-man roster, but in the minors. Playing time has nothing to do with it. The type of player you're describing may have been benched, or inactivated.

6/29/2019 7:31 PM
thanks Damag I didn't know that.
7/1/2019 7:49 PM
I’ve got a couple of guys who are 27-28 years old. Will it be cheaper AAV to give them 5 year deals in their first arb season or to pay the arb prices for a couple of years and then give a three-year deal?
7/1/2019 9:39 PM
Posted by LoboOne04 on 7/1/2019 9:39:00 PM (view original):
I’ve got a couple of guys who are 27-28 years old. Will it be cheaper AAV to give them 5 year deals in their first arb season or to pay the arb prices for a couple of years and then give a three-year deal?
I thiiiiink their AAV long term is based off of rating so it will remain the same price unless they get injured or take a ratings hit. I'd still do 2 years of arb and then determine if you are arbing them for a 3rd then releasing them or if you are giving them a shorter deal.
7/2/2019 7:59 AM
Game 20 has come and gone and I want to promote a AAA guy who is yet on the 40 man roster. Problem is I have 40 on the 40 so I'll need to designate a player with waivers. If I designate a guy who just was paid arb at $1.4MM and someone grabs him, do I pay $1.4MM less minimum or does the new team take on the full amount of the contract (pro-rata of course) for the season?
7/15/2019 2:32 PM
If he is grabbed off waivers, the new team takes on the contact.

If you release him, you're on the hook for the contract.
7/15/2019 3:06 PM
I signed and then immediately dumped a bunch of low level draft picks and IFAs in attempts to populate the world -- the players cleared waivers, but then didn't appear in the FA lists afterwards -- where did they go? Will they not appear until next season?
7/17/2019 10:49 AM
They should be there. I assume you looked in both minor and major league FA...
7/17/2019 11:25 AM
Yeah, they went to the major league list -- I guess due to proration. I assume they move back to minor league list next season. Thx.
7/17/2019 12:11 PM (edited)
Can you get a promotion bump if the guy already has five regular season bumps?
7/20/2019 11:58 PM
◂ Prev 1...25|26|27|28|29...112 Next ▸
Ask the 'Someone who isn't MikeT' thread. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.