Ask the 'Someone who isn't MikeT' thread. Topic

Sometimes there is more to it then talent.
9/2/2019 12:06 PM
So in the league that I am commissioner for, there was a team that had not been checked on since 8/18/19. I replaced the owner of that team on 9/2/19. I receive a sitemail asking me why he has been replaced on 9/5/19, apperantly he was overseas. Is there a graceful way to resolve this? He is a second year owner, and I would hate to turn him off from the game because of this,
9/6/2019 8:03 PM
If he didn't notify you that he was going to be gone, I would just explain the situation. If he has otherwise been a good owner, it may not hurt to check with the replacement owner to see if he would be willing to give the team back. Like you essentially said, the game needs new owners. I would hate to see him soured and quit playing.
9/6/2019 8:10 PM
Thats a long time to not check in. Id tell him the truth. It was to long! Wis must have agreed as they made the switch.
9/7/2019 9:19 AM
Injuries suck. Particularly long term random injuries to prospects with high health ratings. I have 3 such players on my 60 day DL with 20mm in medical and training budget. Not a question, just a rant. Worst part of the game. Well that a hiring coaches
9/7/2019 12:21 PM
^I have a young pitcher with 7 stamina and otherwise major league potential. I’ve been trying to injure him by starting him every other spring training game and trying to get him to throw 150 pitches. Hasn’t gotten hurt after 3 starts!
9/7/2019 2:51 PM
Does anyone know why things get so wacky in the playoffs? Like your almost untouchable pitcher turns into a total loser, or your best fielder makes three errors in one game.
9/7/2019 9:13 PM
Magnified noise
9/7/2019 10:18 PM
Posted by lamps24 on 9/7/2019 2:51:00 PM (view original):
^I have a young pitcher with 7 stamina and otherwise major league potential. I’ve been trying to injure him by starting him every other spring training game and trying to get him to throw 150 pitches. Hasn’t gotten hurt after 3 starts!
A little confused why you’re trying to hurt him
9/7/2019 10:53 PM
So, that he can throw him on the 60-day and a get a bump to his stamina.
9/7/2019 11:23 PM
Exactly. I have $20 mil in medical so if he can ride out the 60 day DL for a whole season maybe his stamina will get bumped to a serviceable level. Low risk because otherwise he’s not ML caliber.
9/7/2019 11:33 PM
What kind of increases do you see with a 60 day DL stint for an ankle injury? Are we looking at speed, durability and health? Or can I expect some better increases like power?
9/12/2019 9:49 AM
I have generated a list of injuries and what ratings get nerfed/bumped. I don't have ankle on the list yet, but every other body part below the waste increases durability, health, speed, baserunning and range. Not sure what it would increase for a pitcher.
9/12/2019 6:57 PM
Does anybody know: If I transfer money from prospect into player payroll, will the amount I am allowed to have in future years go up?

for example, if my Player Payroll is $100 I can only have $80m in obligations for the following season. If I transfer one mil into player payroll, making it $101m, would my next year cap rise to 80.8m?
9/12/2019 11:16 PM
I am in a league that just rolled and have a player that was injured the previous season. This player is looking for 7.8 million in arbitration or a 3 year 5.3 million long term contract. IMO he is just an okay player (especially with the drop in ratings from the injury) not worth the LT contract or arb amounts, but I can't release him while he is injured (76 days till healthy). First time I have come up with this anyone have any insight.
9/13/2019 12:31 AM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...28|29|30|31|32...112 Next ▸
Ask the 'Someone who isn't MikeT' thread. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.