Ask the 'Someone who isn't MikeT' thread. Topic

He doesn't have a contract... are you sure you can't release him? IRL you would be allowed to... try to release him if you haven't already, then send a ticket if it fails.
9/13/2019 7:51 AM
Posted by stews_blues on 9/13/2019 12:31:00 AM (view original):
I am in a league that just rolled and have a player that was injured the previous season. This player is looking for 7.8 million in arbitration or a 3 year 5.3 million long term contract. IMO he is just an okay player (especially with the drop in ratings from the injury) not worth the LT contract or arb amounts, but I can't release him while he is injured (76 days till healthy). First time I have come up with this anyone have any insight.
With 76 days left until recovery, he could receive 2-3 injury recovery cycles. If you have a high medical budget, sign him to the three year deal and watch his ratings increase.
9/13/2019 7:54 AM
I took a look and I think the player is Rick Tepesch, right? If so the injury is forearm nerve irritation. I can't see his previous ratings but it surely affected his Power. You could try the Injury Bug trick, but IMO his worst ratings are his vsR and his Batting Eye. Does anyone think juicing his ratings with a forearm injury will improve his vsR and Eye?

9/13/2019 8:11 AM
Never seen vsR or eye increase due to injury. I would be interested to see if putting in a ticket to bypass the system and release the player will work. If so, I ran into similar situations where I had a guy who is still injured after roll, but I can't place him on DL because I have under 20 guys on my MLB roster. I wonder if they would bypass that as well.
9/13/2019 9:18 AM
Posted by damag on 9/13/2019 8:11:00 AM (view original):
I took a look and I think the player is Rick Tepesch, right? If so the injury is forearm nerve irritation. I can't see his previous ratings but it surely affected his Power. You could try the Injury Bug trick, but IMO his worst ratings are his vsR and his Batting Eye. Does anyone think juicing his ratings with a forearm injury will improve his vsR and Eye?

You are correct. Tepesch is the player I was talking about. I was using him as a vLHP power hitter and rest/defensive replacement. He gets around 300 AB a season. I just think 5.3 mill for 3 years on a 31 year old is a little steep let alone a 7.8 mill potential arb loss. I have never been able to release injured players before but will try when the league starts its new season. BTW 4 openings in Ruth.
9/13/2019 9:22 AM
Yep, if there's one thing I hate that was "improved" in the game, it's that Arb demands are now tied to a player's ratings rather than his usage. Backups are backups for a reason.

9/13/2019 9:52 AM
Happened because of an instance in Coop. An owner was limiting a super-stud player to just less than 300 at bats so that he was getting him in arb for dirt cheap.
9/13/2019 10:33 AM
Posted by jamier2003 on 9/12/2019 9:49:00 AM (view original):
What kind of increases do you see with a 60 day DL stint for an ankle injury? Are we looking at speed, durability and health? Or can I expect some better increases like power?
I have 3 different ankle injuries recorded that I put on the 60-day DL. The only attributes that increased were:

Range, Durability, Speed, Health, Baserunning

It seems those will not increase power, contact, eye, vL, or vR which makes sense.
9/13/2019 11:26 AM
Any guesses on a slash line for this guy with weird offensive numbers: https://www.whatifsports.com/hbd/Pages/Popups/PlayerRatings.aspx?pid=9506883 ?

Assuming the glove keeps growing and some other defensive ratings come up a bit, he should be an everyday SS, right?
9/13/2019 11:42 AM
Love the 91 eye with SS defense. I'd definitely take that guy as an everyday SS assuming the Glove/AA goes up a little
9/13/2019 12:20 PM
About .230/.320/.320 in a neutral park.

He’ll gain 3-ish points in GL and AA, which will make him a legit SS, but no threat to win a GG. Combine that with the baiting line and he’s a half-decent solution while he’s cheap, but I wouldn’t want to pay him a second year arb salary.
9/13/2019 12:43 PM
Posted by dedelman on 9/13/2019 12:43:00 PM (view original):
About .230/.320/.320 in a neutral park.

He’ll gain 3-ish points in GL and AA, which will make him a legit SS, but no threat to win a GG. Combine that with the baiting line and he’s a half-decent solution while he’s cheap, but I wouldn’t want to pay him a second year arb salary.
I still can't figure out slugging. Is there a simple formula? I have the batting avg and obp percentage down, but slugging is so variable.
9/13/2019 9:18 PM (edited)
.241/.322/.330 in Neutral Park IMO
9/14/2019 5:40 PM
Player Profile: Harvey Farley - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports is eligible to come off the 60 day dL after being out for 30+ days. He has recovered all lost ratings but has only one recovery so far. Is he done with recovery now that his DL sign is green or would he potentially have one more?
9/17/2019 7:25 AM
He will more than likely pick up one more recovery cycle.
9/17/2019 8:04 AM
◂ Prev 1...29|30|31|32|33...112 Next ▸
Ask the 'Someone who isn't MikeT' thread. Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.